Sponsored

Replacement stickers... insanely expensive?

mla

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco Heritage 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Just got my '24 Bronco Heritage 2dr and am investigating XPEL PPF.

One of the shops recommended all the stickers/decals be removed, PPF applied, and then new stickers applied.
Ok, fair enough. Sounds like a common approach from reading these forums.

But he's saying the replacement decals are around 1k wholesale? I realize on the heritage it has that long pin striping decal on both sides.
1k seems crazy though.

Suggestions? Should I see if they can cut out around the decals and just not apply PPF to those? Or only do up to the bottom
of the decals? Or maybe just skip the PPF, heh.

Thanks.

bronco.jpg
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You’re referring to the pin strip down the side??? I believe @StickerFab or @Underground Graphics has what you need and it’s not 1k. Also depends on where you live, I opted not to do ppf or a wrap due to the sun and heat where I live.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes, the OEM HE striping is crazily priced, I ordered just the Limited front fender ones without the Bronco script and they were pretty much $300 so $1k for all would be spot on. If you really want to remove them then look at Underground Graphics for a replacement set at $150 (I think) and see what your shop thinks of them or worse case they should be able to make you a set.

The PPF choice is yours and I'm sure you'll get some advice/opinions, either way good luck!

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although not the same level of protection, you could look at ceramic coating the vehicle. You leave the decals on for that, and ceramic coat over top of everything.

Could be a good alternative if you don't go the PPF route.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Consider removing the decals and having new ones painted (sprayed) on. Then wrap.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Okay.... I own a sign shop.... I make vinyl all day long. If you have a good installer PPF right over the top.... I did.
Ford Bronco Replacement stickers... insanely expensive? flexin

OP
OP

mla

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco Heritage 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You’re referring to the pin strip down the side??? I believe @StickerFab or @Underground Graphics has what you need and it’s not 1k. Also depends on where you live, I opted not to do ppf or a wrap due to the sun and heat where I live.
What is this "sun" you speak of? (I'm in Oregon ;) Awesome, will check out those sources, ty!

I'd either skip the ppf or reapply after, I don't think cutting the ppf around it would look good after a little while when stuff builds up on the edges.
Good point, thx.

Yes, the OEM HE striping is crazily priced, I ordered just the Limited front fender ones without the Bronco script and they were pretty much $300 so $1k for all would be spot on. If you really want to remove them then look at Underground Graphics for a replacement set at $150 (I think) and see what your shop thinks of them or worse case they should be able to make you a set.

The PPF choice is yours and I'm sure you'll get some advice/opinions, either way good luck!
Thanks for confirming that is a reasonable ballpark. Yes, will check them out.

Although not the same level of protection, you could look at ceramic coating the vehicle. You leave the decals on for that, and ceramic coat over top of everything.

Could be a good alternative if you don't go the PPF route.
I had considered ceramic initially but we have *so* much gravel around here, that's my main worry.

Consider removing the decals and having new ones painted (sprayed) on. Then wrap.
That would be pretty awesome, really. I wouldn't mind spending up to have that done if I could find someone who could do a professional job.

Anyone done that? Anyone happen to know an excellent shop in the Portland, OR area?

Okay.... I own a sign shop.... I make vinyl all day long. If you have a good installer PPF right over the top.... I did.
I worry we don't have the deepest talent pool in my area. I've talked with two ppf shops and both said I'd end up with halos if I tried to put it over the decals.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$1k for a vinyl stripe and vinyl bronco script. That is insane. People copy this style day after day, you could easily get it for much cheaper than OEM.

Edit: and it would be cooler if you had a white Bronco Script where it should’ve been in the first place instead of at the front of the front fender.

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
At $1000 for a set of stickers, it appears Ford doesn't really WANT to sell any. They probably figured demand would outpace supply or they wanted people to buy a heritage Bronco rather than create one.

OP
OP

mla

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco Heritage 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
or they wanted people to buy a heritage Bronco rather than create one
That was my guess. It would be cool if xpel worked with brands to improve that for this type of application.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The sun I speak of is SW Florida

Reactions: mla
OP
OP

mla

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco Heritage 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Edit: and it would be cooler if you had a white Bronco Script where it should’ve been in the first place instead of at the front of the front fender.
Where would you put the Bronco script then? At the other end?