Sponsored

Replacing Base Steelies with other Bronco model wheels?

MJBbase22

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Sider, VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am looking to replace my 16" base steelies with either the 17" black steelies from the Black Diamond or a Sasquatch wheel (my base is obviously non-Sas). Any concerns here before I pull the trigger? Sas wheels may be too big for the Base configure?
Sponsored

OP
OP
MJBbase22

MJBbase22

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Sider, VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am looking to replace my 16" base steelies with either the 17" black steelies from the Black Diamond or a Sasquatch wheel (my base is obviously non-Sas). Any concerns here before I pull the trigger? Sas wheels may be too big for the Base configure?
Learned the Sas wheels would require a 2" lift. Still would like to know if the 17" black steelies are a simple swap.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Learned the Sas wheels would require a 2" lift. Still would like to know if the 17" black steelies are a simple swap.
Wheels are wheels. You don't need a lift for wheels. TIRES....different story. You'd be fine with any of the options you listed

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Plenty of people have put Sasquatch wheels and tires on their base Bronco's without a lift - you only have to remove the crash bars.

OP
OP
MJBbase22

MJBbase22

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Sider, VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Plenty of people have put Sasquatch wheels and tires on their base Bronco's without a lift - you only have to remove the crash bars.
Thanks! Is that something the dealer can/will do? I was hoping to pick up the rig with the new wheelset in hand and driving away on them. Cheers.

Sponsored

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you have a 2 door, I can tell you from 1st hand experience, that all 5 Outer Banks rims / tires will fit inside the back (4 standing across and 1 by the tailgate). Just bring cardboard to protect the interior. Sasquatch wheels will without a doubt be too tall and to wide to fit inside like I did.

Buying some ones takes are the cheapest way to go. If they removed the TPMS's figure on extra costs for reinstalling a set plus mounting and balancing.

Last edited:

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks! Is that something the dealer can/will do? I was hoping to pick up the rig with the new wheelset in hand and driving away on them. Cheers.
You may or may not be able to get your dealer to do it (they may not want to take responsibility for removing a safety device like the crash bars) it's pretty simple to do it yourself, there is a video showing how to remove them somewhere on here.
Sponsored