Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it might become more clear when the '22 banks open in September.
I was a day 1 reservation, but initially was waiting for the mod/colored tops in '22.
Cut to the mod top delay til '23 and I converted my order a few weeks ago. It's currently coded '99. Guessing in September I'll get some kinda update on the status. My hope is I'll get it by January, but we shall see
Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the last email from them said that if you wanted to be considered for a 21ā€™ and you had a not available top, you could select a soft top or MIC top and still be in for 21ā€™

Maybe....but you still have Squatch and Lux, so there is that... šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ZackDanger will know.

March was the cut off to be considered for a ā€˜21
Negative.

There was no cutoff for MY21.

March was the cutoff for the first round of scheduling.

They just wanted everyone converted by then because they knew they were going to have to reach deep into the list to keep the line busy.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with you on this.

I contacted the Bronco customer hotline a few weeks ago and the lady who I spoke to raised a few concerns to me. She has said that the order date is what Ford is looking at aside from the commodity issues, not the reservation number. Also, she said that whenever you make a change to your order(which a lot of us have, in order to keep up with commodity constraints) essentiality, we are put back at the back of the line.

I don't know what to believe anymore but I thought I'd share.
Let me get this straight, if you change anything from your initial order, you go to the back of the line. That is ridiculous!
My understanding is that you never go to the back of the line. Reservation time stamp is king.

THAT SAID

There are cut off dates for scheduling rounds, since the do a month at a time, and scheduled on certain builds during certain weeks, you could miss a cut off date if you change your build or priority code after it, meaning you go to the ā€œback of the lineā€ (really, you miss out being considered under your new build) for that block (another 3 weeks)ā€¦ but at the start of the next scheduling round, youā€™d be back in your normal place with your updated build spec.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My understanding is that you never go to the back of the line. Reservation time stamp is king.

THAT SAID

There are cut off dates for scheduling rounds, you could miss a cut off date if you change your build or priority code after it, meaning you go to the ā€œback of the lineā€ for that blockā€¦ but at the next scheduling round, youā€™d be back in your place.
I donā€™t think I am getting scheduled anytime soon. Day 2 reservation with a day 3 timestamp. Only four Broncos from my dealership out of 28 have been scheduled so far since this all started. It is what it is. I was thinking about changing to a soft top, but I am not sure that is gonna to make a difference.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t think I am getting scheduled anytime soon. Day 2 reservation with a day 3 timestamp. Only four Broncos from my dealership out of 28 have been scheduled so far since this all started. It is what it is. I was thinking about changing to a soft top, but I am not sure that is gonna to make a difference.
You could very well make a difference, but changing a build wonā€™t have an effect until the next round.

My advice is stick with your dream build and let the universe do its thing.

Azemotay

Badlands
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4d Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I resered 7/14 and didn't order till 3/17. Built specs below. So I don't think order date has anything to do with it, rather just reservation date and what sins you have.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could very well make a difference, but changing a build wonā€™t have an effect until the next round.

My advice is stick with your dream build and let the universe do its thing.
I appreciate your advice! I am torn because I want my Bronco earlier and could probably live with the soft top/prep kit. However, I wonder how much of a difference it would make.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is not true based on all we know about the process. It could bump your build out of the current scheduling run to the next round if you change too closely to that date, but that's it.

Changes don't move you to the back of the line. Reservation date, not order date, is what is used. 3/19 was only important I you wanted to be considered for scheduling in the May/June period.

Based on everything else we have heard and know to be true, the CS rep referenced above was wrong about pretty much everything.
But somebody posted it, another quoted it, and someone else repeated it. That means by page 4 it's an undisputed fact (no matter the evidence to the contrary).
smh

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But somebody posted it, another quoted it, and someone else repeated it. That means by page 4 it's an undisputed fact (no matter the evidence to the contrary).
smh
That's how the interwebs work!

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate your advice! I am torn because I want my Bronco earlier and could probably live with the soft top/prep kit. However, I wonder how much of a difference it would make.
Hold strong and wait it out. The satisfaction will be that much greater when you finally do get the build you always wanted. Donā€™t give in to Ford because of their own failings.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hold strong and wait it out. The satisfaction will be that much greater when you finally do get the build you always wanted. Donā€™t give in to Ford because of their own failings.
The only thing I would switch would be from a MIC to a soft top w/prep kit. I think I could live with it for a while because we are out in Cali. Ha. My concern would be paying and arm and a leg for a MIC top later. If it gets my Bronco a few months earlier with the soft top, I would do it.

Wickspick

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only thing I would switch would be from a MIC to a soft top w/prep kit. I think I could live with it for a while because we are out in Cali. Ha. My concern would be paying and arm and a leg for a MIC top later. If it gets my Bronco a few months earlier with the soft top, I would do it.
You ever go out to dinner looking forward to a delicious steak and at last minute you get the ā€œSpecialā€? I have, and I always regret it. Go with your initial desires, even it it means your delicious steak might take longer, but leaves no room for regerts!

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Understandable being in CA. I also considered swapping to soft top for a minute but who knows when the MIC top will actually be available for individual purchase. Could easily be 2023 before anybody can get their hands on one. They have already pushed back colored tops to 23. I canā€™t justify a soft top through CO winters and then fork out $3k for a top I could have bought for $700. Patience pays off, short term pain for long term gain!

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You ever go out to dinner looking forward to a delicious steak and at last minute you get the ā€œSpecialā€? I have, and I always regret it. Go with your initial desires, even it it means your delicious steak might take longer, but leaves no room for regerts!
That happened to me yesterday. Ha. Ordered the chicken and waffles and was not happy. My wife wants the MIC top because she hates the look of the rear windows.
Sponsored