First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey y’all, quick question regarding the difference and (perceived) impact of my decision to place my order a little later than most…

Reservation: 7/14/20 @ 6:15am
Order placed: 5/6/21

So i know I placed my order a bit later in May… does that dramatically reduce my chances of getting built in 2021?

I did have a few sins…badlands, Sasquatch, 2.7, Lux, with a MIC top

If we’re bleeding into 2022 with that, perhaps I switch to a soft top.. The warranty on my F-150 is up in September and i was really hoping to have delivery by then so i could trade it in (it’s had some problems) so driving much past that would be frustrating.
Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with you on this.

I contacted the Bronco customer hotline a few weeks ago and the lady who I spoke to raised a few concerns to me. She has said that the order date is what Ford is looking at aside from the commodity issues, not the reservation number. Also, she said that whenever you make a change to your order(which a lot of us have, in order to keep up with commodity constraints) essentiality, we are put back at the back of the line.

I don't know what to believe anymore but I thought I'd share.

OP
OP

mcalc55

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm with you on this.

I contacted the Bronco customer hotline a few weeks ago and the lady who I spoke to raised a few concerns to me. She has said that the order date is what Ford is looking at aside from the commodity issues, not the reservation number. Also, she said that whenever you make a change to your order(which a lot of us have, in order to keep up with commodity constraints) essentiality, we are put back at the back of the line.

Oooph that’s helpful to know, I’m trying to be patient…

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While it may all be out the window now because of the commodities, pretty sure they said there was a March 19(?) cut-off for 21 orders. Anything after that would most probably be considered a 22

OP
OP

mcalc55

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While it may all be out the window now because of the commodities, pretty sure they said there was a March 19(?) cut-off for 21 orders. Anything after that would most probably be considered a 22
I heard something about that March date as well but wasn’t sure where that came from. My dealer didn’t suggest that was anything set in stone when I ordered in May…obviously before the MIC fiasco.

There’s a new July 19 deadline for the switch to softtop now right? To try to squeeze into the september build?

Sponsored

Scratic

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved on 7/14/20 and didn't order until 5/18/21. I made a couple of changes after that. (switched to soft top, nixed the towing package) I received my build date almost immediately after requesting the changes. Blend date is 7/12/21

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This was accurate until the MOD top email two weeks ago. Orders previously 99'd (pushed to MY22) could be modified and re entered as MY 21 orders.

OP
OP

mcalc55

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was accurate until the MOD top email two weeks ago. Orders previously 99'd (pushed to MY22) could be modified and re entered as MY 21 orders.
Right - I‘ve asked my dealer 5 different times what number I am in their allocation too and he hasn’t told me, which is the third piece of this puzzle.

I reserved on 7/14/20 and didn't order until 5/18/21. I made a couple of changes after that. (switched to soft top, nixed the towing package) I received my build date almost immediately after requesting the changes. Blend date is 7/12/21
Good to know

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm with you on this.

Let me get this straight, if you change anything from your initial order, you go to the back of the line. That is ridiculous!

OP
OP

mcalc55

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me get this straight, if you change anything from your initial order, you go to the back of the line. That is ridiculous!
Lol exactly! But please change your order to a soft top, so you move back 100,000 spots, then up 75,000…maybe…but we’re not sure…thank you for your $100!

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So essentially nobody knows…awesome…can I hibernate like a bear until my Bronco is out of the oven (hell put in the oven)?

OP
OP

mcalc55

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of the other threads here suggest that tomorrow might be a big email day…I Feel like a ton of FE’s got schedules last week..hopefully there’s a big batch of MICs soon…presumably they know how many MIC tops they have and able to build..even it‘s a small amount

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is not true based on all we know about the process. It could bump your build out of the current scheduling run to the next round if you change too closely to that date, but that's it.

Changes don't move you to the back of the line. Reservation date, not order date, is what is used. 3/19 was only important I you wanted to be considered for scheduling in the May/June period.

Based on everything else we have heard and know to be true, the CS rep referenced above was wrong about pretty much everything.