First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX - SOLD, 2023 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had placed my order with Chapman after speaking with a local dealership who had tried to sell me a Big Bend "cancelled" order for $15k over sticker after driving their mannequin unit. I put my reservation in late as I wanted to see, feel, and drive a Bronco before even thinking of ordering one. Unfortunately with this news of possibly waiting until 2023 or 2024 for a Bronco leaves with me more than likely going to look at other options. With that said if I end up ordering a Wrangler I would order from you guys without a question, not for the price but simply for the ease of process and the honesty.
Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, I'm not able to keep up with the Allocation Pity Party but I keep seeing where many think this new allocation formula (which doesn't really explain anything to us, it's just percentages of what we don't know) means Ford will be building lot stock vehicles before customer reservations. I'm not sure I understand how that is being arrived at, can someone explain?
Plenty of reading in this forum to catch you up. For starters read the thread from Zach at Granger to see how badly this new formula affects small dealers.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve never owned a ford.
Ever
Iā€™ve driven a few police interceptors and literally one I handed back in only had the original roof and I got it newšŸ‘€šŸ˜¬

Im late to the game
Late to reserving
Late to all of it
My first vehicle was a Jeep
Iā€™ve owned m38a1, CJ, TJ, M715, M35A2D an XJ and now a JLU that we just put 6800 miles on in 21 daysā€¦. Traveling through 12 states. The mere fact I am considering the Ford speaks volumes. But not real sure Ford is looking for new customers šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Not really sure why they canā€™t build these by some order status and somewhat meet the demand

I placed an order originally and after 7 days of trying to contact my dealer in June of 2021 I canceled it and went elsewhere
I wonā€™t buy from him NO MATTER WHAT.
Why should I beg? I work for my money. And my money is with @DealerInsider unless things change in my real life that puts me in a different spot

Iā€™m not paying adm no matter what ever. And I realize I can get one with some ADM, locally should I decide to. Hell I would be mad if I was getting a 2021 in December, itā€™s already losing value by being a model year behind. When the market catches up Iā€™m not wanting to be in that position.

not real sure why this specific model is such a sticking point for Fordā€¦.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@DealerInsider ; @Zach@Granger ; @StephensAutoCenter What are your regional Ford reps telling you about their ability to influence this? @mrlevine was getting hammered on Twitter and said he had passed it on, but this is such a blatant slam on the reservation holders, you would think your reps would be taking this to the top and working to make a change before it's implemented for the year. @Ford Motor Company needs to reverse course here and do what they said they would do when people reserved: build all reservations before stock units get sent anywhere. The only exceptions should be if their are no buildable units in the entire USOB.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, I'm not able to keep up with the Allocation Pity Party but I keep seeing where many think this new allocation formula (which doesn't really explain anything to us, it's just percentages of what we don't know) means Ford will be building lot stock vehicles before customer reservations. I'm not sure I understand how that is being arrived at, can someone explain?
Ford announced how they would allocate Broncos...
Nothing in the formula prioritizes reservations.
It's a 25%, 25%, 50% split and I forget which is 50%. I know that the number of Bronco Sport sales is one of the 25's. The other two categories are Bronco, and overall sales for the past 3 years.

Big city good old boy Ford dealers will be getting tons more allocation than they have orders. Small dealers will be getting LESS allocation than they have orders.

Places like Stephen's and Granger and Chapman Horsham by this formula will have reservations from July 2020 that won't be filled until 2023 or 2024.

And this doesn't just affect dealers with lots of orders. If some tiny, small town dealer has 5 Bronco orders, there is a good chance they may only get to fulfill one order and the other 4 customers have to wait for years, switch to a dealer with allocation (and likely ADM) or not get a Bronco.

So some dealer in L.A. will run out of reserved orders long before they run out of allocation at which point they get to order dealer stock for their lots.

Sponsored

sshurts

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
misc, no jeep or bronco at this time.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I believe the decision by Ford to concede to Dealership pressure over a reservation system meant to value customer commitment is very unfortunate. Another example where dealerships are injecting themselves between Ford and the customers.

The future is moving to EVs and Ford will have to compete with companies like Tesla that have direct to customer sales. Maybe another example of why Ford's past is dragging it down from where the future heading.

Sigh!

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree with the posts that state Ford should build and deliver to the reservations. They should be built and delivered in that order only. If more (or way more) go to one dealer over the next so be it- PERIOD. This is the way I assumed the reservation system would work when I placed my order for a Basesquatch July 14, early AM. I can understand the supply and quality issues yes although the allocation system and dealer priority is just not the way to deliver these Broncos.

I have heard absolutely nothing from the dealer since I placed my formal order. I have tried to contact them via E Mail and also visiting the dealer in person. The only information I receive are the E mails from Ford and from this forum. Now reading about how the allocations will play into the system and also about the ADM's and some of the terrible experiences I will not be proceeding with another order so it will make room for someone else to get their Bronco in 2022, 2023, 2024 or whenever. This is way too long to wait. I wanted a new Bronco as I had two early Broncos when I first started driving and was in high school and College. I also learned how to 4 wheel and rock crawl on the early Broncos. So I was interested in a retro Bronco of course although sadly now my interest has completely diminished.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may not be popular, but FORD should make sure all reservations that were converted to orders by the 03/19/21 cut-off get built regardless of the allocations. We complied with their required timeline, now it's FORD's turn to show that they support the ones who generated the groundswell of Bronco interest!

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry I'm late to the party, was offline for about a week. What did Ford do here?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This may not be popular, but FORD should make sure all reservations that were converted to orders by the 03/19/21 cut-off get built regardless of the allocations. We complied with their required timeline, now it's FORD's turn to show that they support the ones who generated the groundswell of Bronco interest!
Why would you think that wouldn't be popular? Almost every single person on here wants exactly that. @Ford Motor Company and @mrlevine promised that repeatedly, before abandoning the promise and the reservation system overall. Unless you are a big dealer, nobody in their right mind could argue that it is fair to do anything else.

Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been on hold since 7:10 central. I'm going to die on this line. I have to be to work in an hour.
"Thank you for calling Ford Bronco Marketing, but we are experiencing higher than expected call volume ..."

HAHAHA. I bet.

"... your call will be answered in the order it was received"

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

I finally got through. FYI, the direct line is 800-334-4375.

The lady was pleasant, and we talked for about 30 minutes. She was well informed and gave me a few company lines that I cordially eviscerated. By the end, she said that she thinks Ford really messed this up and will be giving my feedback to her supervisor. I don't think my call changed anything, but it's one more drip in the B6G water torture that Ford will feel for the next year+.

One point I made that seemed to hit home more than most: The early reservations are your enthusiasts. Ford must put a line in the sand and promise those customers a 2022 (whether it be day 2, 3, 5, 21 ...). Ford is working hard to drum support for not just a new vehicle, but a whole new brand. The worst thing they can do is push an enthusiast to 2023+. Ford will lose that money forever, and have several thousand 4Runner or Wrangler owners on the trails talking about how horrible their Bronco experience was.

I didn't even mention Granger, as this not about Granger. It's about every dealer that was willing to discuss price prior to the October dealer switch deadline. It just so happens that list is very small, but I focused my discussion around the two groups of dealers: those that would put a fair deal in writing, and those that would not.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would you think that wouldn't be popular? Almost every single person on here wants exactly that. @Ford Motor Company and @mrlevine promised that repeatedly, before abandoning the promise and the reservation system overall. Unless you are a big dealer, nobody in their right mind could argue that it is fair to do anything else.
I was thinking it would be unpopular with the late res/order converters.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company @mrlevine please give these posts a long sincere read
@Ford Motor Company has not posted here since 9/22. They don't care.

@mrlevine hasn't posted here since god knows when. He doesn't care.

Ford does not care. We are not their customers, the dealers are.

They need to be reminded it is end-users who drive sales, not dealerships. Dealerships wont continue to load up on inventory they can't clear. Sure their precious stock built 2022 broncos will fly off the shelves, but you really think the off the street Bronco buyer is putting his daughter in an Ecosport? Customer loyalty is at a premium these days and Ford is happily pissing it away.

Ford has spent YEARS trying to clear out old inventory with insane rebates, which in turn are affecting Ford owner's resale values, which impacts new sales, which impact rebates, which impact resale values. It's circular. Voluntarily throwing away active and potential future Ford loyalists is 100% short-sighted.

If I get my Bronco in a reasonable time frame, I'll probably want another one once the new body style is revealed. If I am forced to wait forever for my Bronco, i'll probably buy a Tacoma, and then never buy another ford again. I've owned 5 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury products in my lifetime. If there's a Bronco at #6, there will be a 7th and more. If there is no Bronco, there will NEVER be a sixth.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@DealerInsider ; @Zach@Granger ; @StephensAutoCenter What are your regional Ford reps telling you about their ability to influence this? @mrlevine was getting hammered on Twitter and said he had passed it on, but this is such a blatant slam on the reservation holders, you would think your reps would be taking this to the top and working to make a change before it's implemented for the year. @Ford Motor Company needs to reverse course here and do what they said they would do when people reserved: build all reservations before stock units get sent anywhere. The only exceptions should be if their are no buildable units in the entire USOB.

My dealer representative is out of the office on personal leave. At the end of the day, I try to keep in mind this isn't their decision, they are just the messenger.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If your goal is too raise awareness ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ Post articulate facts on a platform that can connect to millions not thousands. Bronco 6G isnā€™t big enough to effect change.

This needs to be covered by mainstream media (road & track is not it either) .

Reach out to Phil LeBeau at CNBC. He is the reporter that covers the auto industry. He can assess if their is a story here or not. He reaches institutional investors. Send a note to JimCramer, Becky Quick Or David Faber at CNBC. Stick to facts, donā€™t use profanity.

If you want real action, go to those that can impact brand perceptions and investment choices. Follow the money.
Sponsored