Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

" they just used my reservation/order so they could get one for their lot and sell at a huge markup with no intention of honoring my reservation"

To me, this part is as bad as the ridiculous markup. They treated your reservation as their lot allocation. Obviously since the reservation is tied to your name and you can't sell your reservation, the reservation process is intended to tie that bronco to you and only you. The dealership clearly doesn't see it that way. If I were Ford, I would hit the dealership with every legal option available to make them honor reservations. I don't care if they mark up cancelled orders or future stock but they shouldn't be allowed to do this for reservations... in my opinion.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No….don’t worry!!! $118,000 is perfectly normal for a 2022 Corvette Z06. Naturally Aspriraded 650 Horse Power. Yep, $118K perfectly normal.

oh……you said Bronco. Ok….that’s a fucking rip off!!
funny because for fun I did a search on carsdotcom for all manual transmission vehicles under $90k within 500 miles and its like Z06, Shelby, Porsche, Bronco wtf? Something doesn’t belong and in 12 months they will be priced where they belong.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company
My Bronco is the last Ford I will buy, your handling of this shitshow is unbelievable.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Olathe Ford in Olathe, KS (Olatha) suburb of KC,had a FE on their showroom floor with a sticker price of $61k. My son was there today and asked if that was the price....the salesman laughed and said no(ha ha ha) it's $98k.🤬🤬 Fukwads
Every dealer is doing that.

slouis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company I know you are only here to congratulate people on their new Bronco and tell them how sweet their ride looks but these ADM's are getting out of hand and you need to man the fuck up already and do something.
Why should they? Ford execs are too busy riding the Elon Musk wave and cashing in those stock options.

Sponsored

Huntsetter1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really sad. My takeaway from seeing this to continue to come up is have your deal in writing before you have a vin. Assume nothing!

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve posted on all of these “price gouging” threads. As a lawyer, this one really interests me the most. An FE is for sure a limited quantity, unique item. Would have even been better if it were Anti Matter Blue.

But, while this model might be legal and technically allowed, to me it has a really strong air of deceptiveness.

The biggest issue I have is that, under this Bronco res model, the dealer wouldn’t have the Bronco without the reservation. To me, making him walk with the cartoonish ADM just assures the dealer of being enriched….unjustly.

I wish you were in NC. I swear I’d take this case pro bono and sue for unfair and deceptive trade practices (which allows for TREBLE DAMAGES), unjust enrichment, get an injunction, etc.

Maybe it wouldn’t survive summary judgment, but at least the dealer would have to answer to it in court, and would be enjoined from selling until the suit is resolved.

Worst case I’d tie it up in court long enough for the market to calm down and he wouldn’t come close to that much ADM.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

People suck. Who's the salesman, Jerry Lundegaard? I bet he tried to push that damn Tru-Coat on you too.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This stuff is getting terrible. @Ford Motor Company needs to do something about it.
They ignore their ethical responsibilities to keep their word on the reservation production order (hide behind the legalese fine print)

Believing they will do the right thing, the ethical thing, is just foolish, they have proven they are not an ethical company when they broke their word originally (and Ford keeps moving further down the path away from that promise every day)
As @Drex pointed out, @Ford Motor Company will not do one thing about it. Ford is happy for their dealers to rip-off customers as that way the dealers are not hounding Ford to get more cars and trucks on the lot during these times of shortages.

slouis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks but you should have gotten a signed agreement…or transferred when you could have if they wouldn’t do it. It blows my mind that people have no agreement and just walk in and expect things to go smoothly. They have you by the short hairs if you do that…chalk it up as a lesson. They are scum…but you learned how to conduct personal business. Always have an agreement done in writing at a time when you have leverage. Now you have none.
True. What I plan to do if they mark up my Bronco is tell them to shove it up their ass (I will CC Jim Farley). Then, I will have 5 family members order 2022's at different dealerships. By the time they start rolling in, there will be plenty of Bronco's on the market. I will simply negotiate down from MSRP and if they don't want to sell it at a discount, they can keep the mother fucker. Two can play the game. and my Laramie is awesome and like new!

Sponsored

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Ford Account on this forum won't get you anywhere farther than calling Bronco customer service.

If you want your letter read than I would recommend sending an actual certified mail to Jim Farley at their corporate office in Michigan. This is sadly the best way that someone high up might actually see it.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Broncos are cool, but not $100k cool.

I wonder how many FEs are in storage mode, waiting to be put back on the market in 20 years with 5 miles on them in hopes of reselling for who knows how much

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on their reviews, it looks like this is common practice at their dealership. I wish you luck in getting your Bronco at MSRP.

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve posted on all of these “price gouging” threads. As a lawyer, this one really interests me the most. An FE is for sure a limited quantity, unique item. Would have even been better if it were Anti Matter Blue.

But, while this model might be legal and technically allowed, to me it has a really strong air of deceptiveness.

The biggest issue I have is that, under this Bronco res model, the dealer wouldn’t have the Bronco without the reservation. To me, making him walk with the cartoonish ADM just assures the dealer of being enriched….unjustly.

I wish you were in NC. I swear I’d take this case pro bono and sue for unfair and deceptive trade practices (which allows for TREBLE DAMAGES), unjust enrichment, get an injunction, etc.

Maybe it wouldn’t survive summary judgment, but at least the dealer would have to answer to it in court, and would be enjoined from selling until the suit is resolved.

Worst case I’d tie it up in court long enough for the market to calm down and he wouldn’t come close to that much ADM.
Actually it sounds like worst case is that it wouldn’t survive Summary judgement and the Bronco would be sold right away.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can we hold off on any more negative Google reviews? Mike Levine responded to my Tweet so I’m in contact and he believes the negative reviews will just make the problem worse at the moment. Thank you! Maybe there’s hope??
Maybe Ford and these dealers should get their shit together and quit screwing reservation holders over.The customers pay the bills.They are collectively ruining the enthusiasm for the Bronco among other things.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.