First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was given 11 days to get to Granger to pick mine up. I'm not sure how long they normally give people to pick theirs up since Granger forgot to call me for the first 2 weeks after my truck arrived. I have all the paperwork signed and told them I will wire the down payment and the earliest I can be there is the 22nd. It's summer time and it's hard to cancel all plans. I just think it's kind of ridiculous to expect everyone to be able to make it that quickly but idk after reading some of these comments I realize I may be in the minority with that opinion.

I had big plans to take a train there with my dad and take our time getting back to Ohio going up and around Michigan. I guess we'll see what they say...
I don't thinks it unreasonable to want to have a bit of time. The dealership should know you ordered out of state. Some of yall need a mini vacation to pick them up lol. On the flip side, these dealerships are getting in a lot of vehicles and could need that space.
Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't thinks it unreasonable to want to have a bit of time. The dealership should know you ordered out of state. Some of yall need a mini vacation to pick them up lol. On the flip side, these dealerships are getting in a lot of vehicles and could need that space.
1. They need the space, as you mentioned.

2. The dealer pays a floor plan (lease payment) on inventory. Each day an item is in their inventory, it costs them money.

3. It is not *your* vehicle until you sign all the final paperwork and the deal is funded (which, if financed, could take a week or so after you drive away.)

Number 3 is the most significant point. They may call to say, "Your Bronco is here!" but it is their Bronco and stays that way until you show up in person to claim it and pay for it. Drag your heels too long and they are well within their legal right to sell it to someone else. Doing so may be considered unethical, and it would certainly be disappointing, but remember...this is a business deal, and in business, a handshake deal is worth the paper it is printed on.

Check your DORA, check your emails, etc., and you'll see no language indicating that a dealer is bound to sell you the specific vehicle they custom ordered to your specifications.

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There isnt $11K to be made on a 2 door Bronco. How would they manage to discount it to that number?
My sticker was $44,090. Price after discounts and PP is $37,138.

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here, let me break it down for you, with receipts.

$51,270 MSRP
$45,101 Invoice
$2500 Order Modification Incentive
$2350 Price Protection
$40,476 Final Price

IMG_20230512_213231.jpg

IMG_20230328_192103.jpg

Now enjoy all 9 inches.
Seems that some dealers take the money off the top for the price protection amounts, others want to give you the check "when it arrives".

Is there a trick to getting it baked into the deal? My bank and my wife would certainly feel better about the Bronco and the loan if the initial amount financed is several thousand dollars lower.

Note: I am at least partially inclined to think that some dealers who are still trying to get ADM (which is not all of them) are also still trying to cause friction along the way. Why? to get buyers who previously got an MSRP agreement to walk.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. And it is not sold. Yet
Personally, I would get over there as fast as possible and buy it. Hopefully at the agreed upon price. If the issue is price protection, work it out with Ford and the Dealership later. Otherwise, it's going to be sold right out from underneath you. Lot stock around me is still all $10K+ over MSRP. So any order at or below MSRP should be snatched up.
Do you have a resolution yet?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Broncolands

Badlands
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally, I would get over there as fast as possible and buy it. Hopefully at the agreed upon price. If the issue is price protection, work it out with Ford and the Dealership later. Otherwise, it's going to be sold right out from underneath you. Lot stock around me is still all $10K+ over MSRP. So any order at or below MSRP should be snatched up.
Do you have a resolution yet?
Not yet. They asked me to wait. Good or bad, I am doing this. I am also emailing some Ford upper management to look for help.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

3. It is not *your* vehicle until you sign all the final paperwork and the deal is funded (which, if financed, could take a week or so after you drive away.)

Number 3 is the most significant point. They may call to say, "Your Bronco is here!" but it is their Bronco and stays that way until you show up in person to claim it and pay for it. Drag your heels too long and they are well within their legal right to sell it to someone else. Doing so may be considered unethical, and it would certainly be disappointing, but remember...this is a business deal, and in business, a handshake deal is worth the paper it is printed on.
I don’t see why this is so hard for some people to understand… until you buy it - it ain’t yours. Your $100-$1000 deposit means practically nothing except convincing the dealer you’re serious enough to order one (for themselves) to (hopefully) sell to you (when it comes in, and not weeks/months thereafter)

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not yet. They asked me to wait. Good or bad, I am doing this. I am also emailing some Ford upper management to look for help.
I'd say that's your best bet.
Chapman wants you to be a happy customer. They need to contact their Ford reps to find your certificate.
You can try to find the info on your own by contacting some of the Ford execs. Ford want you to be a happy customer as well, the hard part is finding the right person @ Ford that can solve your issue.

OP
OP

Broncolands

Badlands
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd say that's your best bet.
Chapman wants you to be a happy customer. They need to contact their Ford reps to find your certificate.
You can try to find the info on your own by contacting some of the Ford execs. Ford want you to be a happy customer as well, the hard part is finding the right person @ Ford that can solve your issue.
I Sent the email to all ford execs and already got a call back From someone in Detroit that asked me some info. Hopefully will move faster now.

OP
OP

Broncolands

Badlands
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got a call from the dealer and they were able to work it out and found my PP. 12k under MSRP. I should be all set and next week will flight to get the car!

Thank you all for the support and I will post few pictures when I have my hands on it.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got a call from the dealer and they were able to work it out and found my PP. 12k under MSRP. I should be all set and next week will flight to get the car!

Thank you all for the support and I will post few pictures when I have my hands on it.
So they did find a bridge they are willing to sell you... LOL.

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base

So what did you get ?
Last received invoice ( sept 2022) - 3% - certificate - 2nd certificate for dropping stuff+ dealer fees ...correct ?

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don’t see why this is so hard for some people to understand… until you buy it - it ain’t yours. Your $100-$1000 deposit means practically nothing except convincing the dealer you’re serious enough to order one (for themselves) to (hopefully) sell to you (when it comes in, and not weeks/months thereafter)
What does the headline (The big ALL CAPS) of this email from Ford state?

Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 1.50.54 PM.png

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shop local ! Support the businesses in your local area.
When I was placing my reservation two years ago, I contacted my local dealer to ask if they would be selling for MSRP or would be charging ADM on top and they told me:

Great Questions!!!

Here are the answers to those questions at this time with the knowledge that they could change as we progress through this New Model Introduction.

Currently, we will be offering the Bronco Sport for $1500 over MSRP. This is the only model available for orders at this time. As the 2-door and 4-door models become available for order later this year or early next year, we will establish pricing for those models at that time. The pricing will be Market based, meaning that we will look at our allocation of Broncos compared to the reservations submitted.

When Ford opens up the order process, we will reach out to you, go over the Bronco you have reserved and then let you know the pricing structure at that time.
Are you telling me that I should have put in a reservation with a "local dealer" and committed to them when they would not commit to a price before I committed to them?

And who said they would be setting the price (which I would just have to take) later based on "market pricing?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Gee, I would much rather support a local dealer who is willing to exploit their proximity to me, than to support a distant dealer who is going to great lengths to be competitive, honest, transparent, and appreciative of my business... said no one with more than 2 brain cells ever.

I have no problem with supporting a local dealership that is competitive, honest, transparent, and appreciative of my business. However, when they price themselves out of the competition and are unwilling to be honest and transparent, that's not a me problem... that's a dealership problem.

I gave my "home town" dealership an opportunity to compete and they were genuinely not interested in anything less than a ridiculous amount of ADM. Bye Felicia.
Sponsored