Sponsored

Retro Fender Emblem Install - "pin-on" emblem (Requires removal and drilling through front quarter panel)

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great job! No way I’d attempt this, but I’m envious of folks smart enough and patient enough to do this.
Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nice work, unfortunately nobody will notice the difference between your several hours of work and the two minute stick on ones. :ROFLMAO:

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not for the faint of heart! But worth the time and effort.

Thought I'd share my experience.

I love the ol' school Chrome OEM Bronco script emblem, but I didn't want a stick-on emblem for fear of it warping, or melting off on a super hot 100+ day. (During the summers, I spend a fair amount of time in the "desert" of eastern Washington, Lake Chelan, Moses Lake).

I purchased an original script emblem from BroncoGraveyard: FORD MOTOR # C6TZ-16098-A

Note: The removal of the front quarter panel was not as easy as advertised! It is NOT a quick process, and I don't recommend it unless you're ready to FULLY commit. (which happens as you as you start removing the grill)

Installation required removal of engine bay plastic front gutter-trim, front grille, lower grille facia, fender, rubber door molding, door, and most of the "wheel-well-dirt-skirt".

Once all of the quarter panel bolts were exposed, "the painted bolts" I removed all but one bolt in the top middle. The last bolt to remove is inside the panel, "the crux" bolt requires a reach trough of the dirt skirt, and a blind socket to bolt connection to remove. Once the interior painted bolt has been unscrewed, I removed the last bolt on the top, then carefully popped the entire panel off.

I took the panel inside and laid it on the carpet, I peeled off the OEM Wildtrak sticker, and put it on sticker paper for later use.

I used blue painters tape to get a good idea of where to place the emblem. using a piece of thin cardboard, I created a template of where the holes would need to be drilled. I confirmed with a bubble level it was sitting on the right plane, then used a sharpie to mark some dots.

I held my breath, and drilled, drilled again, and again, poking 5 holes in my flawless race red panel. I finished drilling, and by the grace of god, the emblem fit perfectly. I snapped the back side connector-clips on, and paraded the quarter panel through my house.
1640503266809.png

Putting everything back together was fairly painless.

1640502850379.png

I'm stoked on the results!

PXL_20211223_225905824.jpg

PXL_20211223_224523017.MP.jpg

PXL_20211223_225053661.jpg

PXL_20211224_203543347.jpg
Looks Awesome
I have been thinking about using them.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sorry, probably somewhat of an optical illusion, but I am not drilling my fender unless placement is PERFECT. I see too many people putting stickers and emblems on vehicles that are totally fucked up, IMO. Most people may not even know or realize it, but I am pretty picky. I think the script should be parallel with the body lines. Both these appear to be off.....even if ever so slightly. Not trying to be critical here.....just my personal observation and preference.

1640550249849.png

1640550477176.png
This is an example of “perspective”. If you look at a building from an angle, the top edge (roof) and bottom edge (floor) will extend out to a single point even though they are parallel.

Trust me, I spent many years studying architecture.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

hamilton1361

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is absolutely insane and total overkill. If it warps or melts you could just peel it off. Mine took a minute to install. I can’t even imagine what your other mods look like if you do this instead of a simple sticker. Do you take the whole engine out to get to the front speakers? 😳
754BC6F2-917A-4D3F-9718-DB10BDFAD33E.jpeg
Where did you get the stick on version and were you happy with the quality?

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm blown away by the hate for a person who did something to a vehicle HE OWNS. It's not like hes running around town with a drill putting holes in peoples fenders. OP I agree, when I thought I might install them I was going to drill the fenders as well to install the script. I have sense changed my mind about the script. Had you drilled a hole in the fender to install a 12 inch rock light the members of this forum would have named you Man of the Year, or Women of the Year since they named a man that the other day.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First, great job OP and thanks for the detailed write-up. 👏 👊 Since the question below was asked in your thread, I'll make a quick post but don't intend to hijack your thread.

very happy but he doesn't sell them anymore. website is gone.

they're here but can't talk about quality: https://www.theocdplug.com/shop/p/bronco-12-h9zt9
Can anyone review these?
Can NOT recommend them at all. Cheap, low quality that is suitable for your garage or cooler. Do NOT put these on your Bronco. They don't pass muster even from a distance. I've purchased script emblems from Bronco Depot (out of the game, now), American Bronco (shut down, but will reopen under a different name), and OCDPlug. I've been giving them as gifts to friends when they get their Bronco. The Bronco Depot were the best ones and American Bronco was also recommended. When I received the OCDPlug scripts, I promptly returned them. No way was I going to be associated with such cheap quality in the form of a gift to another.

I'm actually looking to get the OG scripts like the OP, but trimming the mounting posts and apply adhesive. Yes, the adhesive may fail in time. But for most, it is perfectly fine.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First, great job OP and thanks for the detailed write-up. 👏 👊 Since the question below was asked in your thread, I'll make a quick post but don't intend to hijack your thread.

Can NOT recommend them at all. Cheap, low quality that is suitable for your garage or cooler. Do NOT put these on your Bronco. They don't pass muster even from a distance. I've purchased script emblems from Bronco Depot (out of the game, now), American Bronco (shut down, but will reopen under a different name), and OCDPlug. I've been giving them as gifts to friends when they get their Bronco. The Bronco Depot were the best ones and American Bronco was also recommended. When I received the OCDPlug scripts, I promptly returned them. No way was I going to be associated with such cheap quality in the form of a gift to another.

I'm actually looking to get the OG scripts like the OP, but trimming the mounting posts and apply adhesive. Yes, the adhesive may fail in time. But for most, it is perfectly fine.
The OCD ones are just acrylic that is laser cut, I cut some out myself to see what it looked like and I ended up just slapping them on the fridge. I am leaning toward the 70's- 80's emblem since it's more block lettering. I hope they are metal, if so I will powder coat them myself, and cut some 3m adhesive on the laser to install with.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The OCD ones are just acrylic that is laser cut, I cut some out myself to see what it looked like and I ended up just slapping them on the fridge. I am leaning toward the 70's- 80's emblem since it's more block lettering. I hope they are metal, if so I will powder coat them myself, and cut some 3m adhesive on the laser to install with.
Exactly. Fine for an arts/craft project or some garage/cooler decoration. But the quality is cheap. The laser cut leaves rough blocky edges. And the adhesive that they use is not an exterior or automotive adhesive. The adhesive that they used won't last. I can NOT recommend them enough. Just trash.

Besides the OG badge being metal, they also have a beveled/rounded edge to the lettering. Subtle differences than the square-cut acrylic, but all the dirt/grime will settle in the cut grooves on the acrylic.

My personal choice is to use the OG Sport Badge and remove the posts and affix with 3M adhesive.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah ill just get the sticky ones. I find it hard to believe a couple 100 degree days are gonna melt the stickers off a vehicle.
Arizona. Enough said... :LOL: (although, I am guessing the 3M tape everyone uses is pretty sturdy)

I have been considering the pinned ones, but hadn't committed to doing it when I get my Bronco. Thanks for the write up @JGayler911 might consider it now.
Sponsored