Sponsored

Retro Fender Emblem Install - "pin-on" emblem (Requires removal and drilling through front quarter panel)

JGayler911

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not for the faint of heart! But worth the time and effort.

Thought I'd share my experience.

I love the ol' school Chrome OEM Bronco script emblem, but I didn't want a stick-on emblem for fear of it warping, or melting off on a super hot 100+ day. (During the summers, I spend a fair amount of time in the "desert" of eastern Washington, Lake Chelan, Moses Lake).

I purchased an original script emblem from BroncoGraveyard: FORD MOTOR # C6TZ-16098-A

Note: The removal of the front quarter panel was not as easy as advertised! It is NOT a quick process, and I don't recommend it unless you're ready to FULLY commit. (which happens as you as you start removing the grill)

Installation required removal of engine bay plastic front gutter-trim, front grille, lower grille facia, fender, rubber door molding, door, and most of the "wheel-well-dirt-skirt".

Once all of the quarter panel bolts were exposed, "the painted bolts" I removed all but one bolt in the top middle. The last bolt to remove is inside the panel, "the crux" bolt requires a reach trough of the dirt skirt, and a blind socket to bolt connection to remove. Once the interior painted bolt has been unscrewed, I removed the last bolt on the top, then carefully popped the entire panel off.

I took the panel inside and laid it on the carpet, I peeled off the OEM Wildtrak sticker, and put it on sticker paper for later use.

I used blue painters tape to get a good idea of where to place the emblem. using a piece of thin cardboard, I created a template of where the holes would need to be drilled. I confirmed with a bubble level it was sitting on the right plane, then used a sharpie to mark some dots.

I held my breath, and drilled, drilled again, and again, poking 5 holes in my flawless race red panel. I finished drilling, and by the grace of god, the emblem fit perfectly. I snapped the back side connector-clips on, and paraded the quarter panel through my house.
Ford Bronco Retro Fender Emblem Install - "pin-on" emblem (Requires removal and drilling through front quarter panel) 1640503266809

Putting everything back together was fairly painless.

Ford Bronco Retro Fender Emblem Install - "pin-on" emblem (Requires removal and drilling through front quarter panel) 1640502850379

I'm stoked on the results!

Ford Bronco Retro Fender Emblem Install - "pin-on" emblem (Requires removal and drilling through front quarter panel) PXL_20211223_225905824

Ford Bronco Retro Fender Emblem Install - "pin-on" emblem (Requires removal and drilling through front quarter panel) PXL_20211223_224523017.MP

Ford Bronco Retro Fender Emblem Install - "pin-on" emblem (Requires removal and drilling through front quarter panel) PXL_20211223_225053661

Ford Bronco Retro Fender Emblem Install - "pin-on" emblem (Requires removal and drilling through front quarter panel) PXL_20211224_203543347
Sponsored

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sooooooo
Worth it or, if you really want this emblem, worth it?
Or just get the sticky one?

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is absolutely insane and total overkill. If it warps or melts you could just peel it off. Mine took a minute to install. I can’t even imagine what your other mods look like if you do this instead of a simple sticker. Do you take the whole engine out to get to the front speakers? 😳
Ford Bronco Retro Fender Emblem Install - "pin-on" emblem (Requires removal and drilling through front quarter panel) 754BC6F2-917A-4D3F-9718-DB10BDFAD33E

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Very nice & thanks for sharing @JGayler911

Did you apply any sealer to the holes you drilled to prevent corrosion before instaing the emblem?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is no way to access the back of the fender either through the wheel well once the liner is removed and/or moving the washer reservoir out of the way (right side)?

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I used adhesive, but this still looks like a much more solid implementation that will last for years. Well worth the work I imagine because god damn that looks great!

OP
OP
JGayler911

JGayler911

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very nice & thanks for sharing @JGayler911

Did you apply any sealer to the holes you drilled to prevent corrosion before instaing the emblem?
yes, I put a dab of devcon epoxy on each pin cap.

OP
OP
JGayler911

JGayler911

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not for the faint of heart! But worth the time and effort.

Thought I'd share my experience.

I love the ol' school Chrome OEM Bronco script emblem, but I didn't want a stick-on emblem for fear of it warping, or melting off on a super hot 100+ day. (During the summers, I spend a fair amount of time in the "desert" of eastern Washington, Lake Chelan, Moses Lake).

I purchased an original script emblem from BroncoGraveyard: FORD MOTOR # C6TZ-16098-A

Note: The removal of the front quarter panel was not as easy as advertised! It is NOT a quick process, and I don't recommend it unless you're ready to FULLY commit. (which happens as you as you start removing the grill)

Installation required removal of engine bay plastic front gutter-trim, front grille, lower grille facia, fender, rubber door molding, door, and most of the "wheel-well-dirt-skirt".

Once all of the quarter panel bolts were exposed, "the painted bolts" I removed all but one bolt in the top middle. The last bolt to remove is inside the panel, "the crux" bolt requires a reach trough of the dirt skirt, and a blind socket to bolt connection to remove. Once the interior painted bolt has been unscrewed, I removed the last bolt on the top, then carefully popped the entire panel off.

I took the panel inside and laid it on the carpet, I peeled off the OEM Wildtrak sticker, and put it on sticker paper for later use.

I used blue painters tape to get a good idea of where to place the emblem. using a piece of thin cardboard, I created a template of where the holes would need to be drilled. I confirmed with a bubble level it was sitting on the right plane, then used a sharpie to mark some dots.

I held my breath, and drilled, drilled again, and again, poking 5 holes in my flawless race red panel. I finished drilling, and by the grace of god, the emblem fit perfectly. I snapped the back side connector-clips on, and paraded the quarter panel through my house.
Ford Bronco Retro Fender Emblem Install - "pin-on" emblem (Requires removal and drilling through front quarter panel) 754BC6F2-917A-4D3F-9718-DB10BDFAD33E

Putting everything back together was fairly painless.

I'm stoked on the results!

My mantra: "Tools, not jewels"

I repeated that to myself over and over during this project. And now that I've taken the front quarter panel off, I’ve finished my first surgical procedure, and now I have intimate understanding of this area.

(Which is perfect because I’ve been dreaming installing a train horn, and was wondering how much space was available in that area 😊)

To better explain the context of "why" I did this: It was more about having something permanent, that's true retro OEM, than fear of sticker failure. I have NOT had great experience with stick on, or glue on emblems in the past.

Before the Bronco, there was FJ Cruiser. On the back of the FJ, I had an aftermarket stick-on emblem that said 4X4 in black blocky letters. It looked amazing for 5+ years, then black became grey. I didn't like the faded look, so I purchased a replacement. I peeled off the old emblem, wiped the area clean with alcohol, then applied the new emblem. I went on a weekend trip out in the desert, and when I pulled into my garage at home, the emblem was gone. As I was about to apply the 3rd replacement emblem in that spot, when I realized they changed the size or the font of the emblem, and the one I had no longer aligned with the original 4X4 emblem. I said fugit, and still glued it on.

Fast forward 7 years. Prepping the FJ for sale. There was only one ugly wart on the back end; that faded 4x4 emblem that I wish I never would have stuck on in the first place. Once bitten, twice shy… Lol.

Does the stick-on emblem work for 95% of Bronco6Grs? Heck yes! And it looks awesome.

I would only recommend this to the 5%.

Ford Bronco Retro Fender Emblem Install - "pin-on" emblem (Requires removal and drilling through front quarter panel) 1640549188233

Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, probably somewhat of an optical illusion, but I am not drilling my fender unless placement is PERFECT. I see too many people putting stickers and emblems on vehicles that are totally fucked up, IMO. Most people may not even know or realize it, but I am pretty picky. I think the script should be parallel with the body lines. Both these appear to be off.....even if ever so slightly. Not trying to be critical here.....just my personal observation and preference.

Ford Bronco Retro Fender Emblem Install - "pin-on" emblem (Requires removal and drilling through front quarter panel) 1640550249849

Ford Bronco Retro Fender Emblem Install - "pin-on" emblem (Requires removal and drilling through front quarter panel) 1640550477176

bk4gbay

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 F-350 STX, '06 Fusion SE, '19 Edge SEL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Instead of being critical, we could say “Thanks @JGayler911 for the write up on how to remove the fenders and install a retro OEM badge (if one desires)”

Lot of good info in this post.

it’s your Bronco, do what YOU want🤘

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely love the look of that horse. What paint/process did you use to get that look?

OP
OP
JGayler911

JGayler911

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry, probably somewhat of an optical illusion, but I am not drilling my fender unless placement is PERFECT. I see too many people putting stickers and emblems on vehicles that are totally fucked up, IMO. Most people may not even know or realize it, but I am pretty picky. I think the script should be parallel with the body lines. Both these appear to be off.....even if ever so slightly. Not trying to be critical here.....just my personal observation and preference.

1640550249849.png

1640550477176.png
the two pictures you're comparing are completely different perspectives. and yes

1640550249849.png

1640550477176.png
I appreciate your concern brother!

in the event that we're ever out off-roading together, I'd be happy to let you take a tape measure or a level, and see for yourself.
Sponsored