Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If I purchase a Bronco it will be my family's 3rd vehicle and more of a weekend toy. It's not a necessity but a want. As an enthusiast I've dumped more money than I want to think about into this hobby. I've been thinking of ways to monetize the purchase and ridesharing came to mind. On a trip to California I used Turo to rent a porsche 911. The owner said putting the car on Turo had more than paid for the note and maintenance. So basically he has a "free" sports car.

I'm assuming when the Bronco is released it will have a lot of people wanting to try it out and/or the appeal of renting an open air 4x4 would make it easy to promote.

Has anyone considered this approach if its not going to be your daily driver?
I thought about doing this too if I don’t flip my FE. I get a free truck and get to make money. Wranglers rent on there like crazy, so I’m thinking the Bronco would be successful.
Sponsored

don1n

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'd rent yours maybe if I was taking on a really tough trail where I knew I was going to get some new scratches, and be rough on the underside....That's why someone would rent a Bronco, to put it to work.
Nobody is renting a Bronco to do that here in Miami lol. Not even Wranglers.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't like when a parking attendant has to drive my car let alone a complete stranger with no supervision.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sadly that's gonna be a no for me dawg

Sponsored

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My happily wedded wife would be surprised if I share our future Bronco with her. Sharing it with strangers is a hell no.

I am however willing to show it with all the stowaways I can find on a camping trip. Spiders, chipmunks, squirrels, raccoons, bobcats, mountain lions, wildebeest, rhinos and grizzly bears are all quite welcome.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh and as an added bonus for those of you in NYC or visiting with your Broncos - the extra $20 oversize fee will apply. https://promo.parking.com/nyc-oversize-vehicles/ you know because it takes up more airspace. Biggest ripoff ever.
I live just across the river from Manhattan. I’m getting my Bronco so that I can drive it as often as possible, as far as possible, in the opposite direction. :)

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My happily wedded wife would be surprised if I share our future Bronco with her. Sharing it with strangers is a hell no.

I am however willing to share it with all the stowaways I can find on a camping trip. Spiders, chipmunks, squirrels, raccoons, bobcats, mountain lions, wildebeest, rhinos and grizzly bears are all quite welcome.

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I live just across the river from Manhattan. I’m getting my Bronco so that I can drive it as often as possible, as far as possible, in the opposite direction. :)
Unfortunately I work right in the heart of it and if I stay late for a game or concert I typically drive in instead of train - but I at least have a few tricks up my sleeve for getting around the oversize charge. :cool:

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nope. But they are more than welcome to rent my Mazda6 or Pathfinder to help me pay for the Bronco ;-)

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I purchase a Bronco it will be my family's 3rd vehicle and more of a weekend toy. It's not a necessity but a want. As an enthusiast I've dumped more money than I want to think about into this hobby. I've been thinking of ways to monetize the purchase and ridesharing came to mind. On a trip to California I used Turo to rent a porsche 911. The owner said putting the car on Turo had more than paid for the note and maintenance. So basically he has a "free" sports car.

I'm assuming when the Bronco is released it will have a lot of people wanting to try it out and/or the appeal of renting an open air 4x4 would make it easy to promote.

Has anyone considered this approach if its not going to be your daily driver?
Don’t ever say that again.
Moderator, ban this guy now
Jk, all jokes, but no never, I rather sell it for a profit than share my bronki with musty people

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

knowing how I drive rentals - I would NEVER want anyone else driving my vehicle as a 'rental'

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fuck.

That.

Noise.