Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not currently own
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey guys,

Early reservation holder here, likely buying a Badlands. Currently live in New York, will be moving back to the England late 2021 or 2022.

Do you think I will be able to get my Bronco converted to right hand drive in the US before importing back to England? If so, any ideas on rough cost?

Cheers, Graham
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys,

Early reservation holder here, likely buying a Badlands. Currently live in New York, will be moving back to the England late 2021 or 2022.

Do you think I will be able to get my Bronco converted to right hand drive in the US before importing back to England? If so, any ideas on rough cost?

Cheers, Graham
Possible? Likely. Expensive? Extremely.

What are the rules in England? Can you import something that new? Can you not register a LHD vehicle in England? I'd be surprised if you couldn't. Import taxes?

OP
OP

grahambaxter

Big Bend
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not currently own
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Possible? Likely. Expensive? Extremely.

What are the rules in England? Can you import something that new? Can you not register a LHD vehicle in England? I'd be surprised if you couldn't.
I can import VAT and import tax free as long as I've owned the vehicle for 6 months+ and I've lived in the US for 1 year+.

And yes I can register and drive a LHD in England. I just figure long-term I'd be better converting to RHD if possible.

How expensive ballpark? $5k? $20k? $30k?

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys,

Cheers, Graham
Probably cost as much as a new Bronco to convert it to RHD.

OP
OP

grahambaxter

Big Bend
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not currently own
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Probably cost as much as a new Bronco to convert it to RHD.
Wow. I wonder if I could still make my money back if I ever sold in the UK given how rare a RHD 2021 would be. I would be in a unique position being able to import tax free.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Prohibitively expensive. Like the cost of the vehicle and then fabricating all new parts if Ford has no interest in selling them in RHD markets.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I converted a 1984 Jeep Cherokee to RHD for my Mail Carrier wife. Interesting 6 month learning experience, not to be repeated. Not particularly expensive, RHD steering box was available from Jeep, other stuff I fabricated. Gauges remained on the wrong side, heater was complicated.

2020 Bronco...no way, way too many technical/practical obstacles. Air bags, dashboard, climate controls...........just buy a Land Rover.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I converted a 1984 Jeep Cherokee to RHD for my Mail Carrier wife. Interesting 6 month learning experience, not to be repeated. Not particularly expensive, RHD steering box was available from Jeep, other stuff I fabricated. Gauges remained on the wrong side, heater was complicated.

2020 Bronco...no way, way too many technical/practical obstacles. Air bags, dashboard, climate controls...........just buy a Land Rover.
When I was shopping for Wranglers I kept finding listings for cheap ones that turned out to be factory RHD (for our rural postal carriers).