Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully it isn't long before we see some options for LED fog lights for the modular front bumper.
Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can tell you the Rigid 4 inch 360 series lights from Ford are twice the cost as retail.
They are great lights (I've used them on prior rigs) and will get them again for the Bronco.
This time I am bumping it up to the 6 inch.
Like I used to tell customers when I was a Go Go Boy, $100 an inch.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was going to do the Underbody Light kit but, after my dealer told me that he would let me know the installation charge when they arrived I decided to install aftermarket ones myself and save some cash. Not sure why I did not realize that there would be in installation charge on a DIO but I am also reconsidering the going with an aftermarket winch now.
If you roll it in with your bronco order, Ford is supposed to pay the dealer for install. That was the whole point of the DIO program they hyped up.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What is wrong with light bar? How about both pods and light bar?
Some folks just don't like the way they look. That is all. For me, light bars look really cool BUT you can't choose the light pattern for each part. My theory is spot lights up high and fog/flood down low. Not to mention in MA (might be similar in other states) that it is illegal to place a light such that the driver can see the beam as it heads forward.

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those Baja Design ones in the bumper though! šŸ¤¤

I have Squadron Pro's on my KTM and they are definitely bright!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was going to do the Underbody Light kit but, after my dealer told me that he would let me know the installation charge when they arrived I decided to install aftermarket ones myself and save some cash. Not sure why I did not realize that there would be in installation charge on a DIO but I am also reconsidering the going with an aftermarket winch now.
The original DIO plan included installation as part of the price shown on the B&P.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ill point out that Rigid has a lifetime warranty.

I've been considering going with Rigid lighting for my fogs.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks sweet. But you lose the ability to remove the end caps on the bumper. This has been my only issue with a setup like that.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FWIW I've found Rigid lights to be excellent. IMHO its not worth it to purchase cheap lights; if the light isn't as good, its not going to serve its purpose. Rigid also has the Adapt series which if I'm not mistaken is the only light bar that can be hooked up to a gps accessory and will change the light pattern based on the vehicle speed, I don't own that one yet but I'm interested.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Teralume Industries from Australia make good lights.

They have higher ratings for dust/water ingress, electrical interference and g-force than the American offerings.

Also they have a longer diode lifetime and the lumen ratings are Effective, not Raw output.

Bonus is that the units are a lot cheaper, then factor in exchange rate and it's even cheaper........even with shipping from Australia.
I should have a review of the 10" light bar late next week when mine arrives. based on every company's offering, Teralume hit every box better than everyone else. And they seem to engineer their stuff for an environment that most closely matches arizona.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I should have a review of the 10" light bar late next week when mine arrives. based on every company's offering, Teralume hit every box better than everyone else. And they seem to engineer their stuff for an environment that most closely matches arizona.
Cool cool. I look forward to your review.

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4-Dr Soft Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully it isn't long before we see some options for LED fog lights for the modular front bumper.
I mounted a pair of Rigid D-series SAE fog lights in each pocket using the KR Offroad bracket from 4x4truckLEDs. For ditch lights, I got the Rigid Radiance with amber backlight - certainly not as bright but fine for ditch lights. I'm contemplating either 4" or 6" Rigid 360-series hanging from the safari bar...

Ford Bronco Rigid lights IMG_0679

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I have read a bunch of threads but have a basic question. I assume the install on all the aux lights is easy, based off the videos with the light bar on top of the windshield being the most difficult (why they didnā€™t predrill and plug I donā€™t know). Anyway, does anyone know the mode numbers for the lights Ford offers. Wondering about cost of getting it from Ford vs. aftermarket. Iā€™m not worried about the warrantee (itā€™s a led light at 200 plus should last longer than 3 year). I am worried I am paying way to much for something that can be done for half the cost for better lights. Other options I want to go with Ford knowing it may cost more but wanting a cool looking truck immediately (a lot of aftermarket stuff will take 1-2 years to come out). Any advise on lights or what Ford rigid model numbers are would be much appreciated. I also noticed they only let you select the light bar OR the pods, why not both?
I went with Rigid but kept it Ford Performance since I didn't care about backlighting and like the covers on my pillar lights. I have found Ebay to be great and lower pricing with free shipping. A lot of people saying they are so much more from Ford vs direct from rigid but not true compare the direct light Bar and brackets/wiring from rigid vs Ford package on ebay and the same thing with the pillar lights.

Screenshot_20220206-164432_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220206-164528_eBay.jpg
Sponsored