Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Banned
As I browse through all these after market products coming online for our trucks. I cant help but think why is everything so damn expensive?? I want decent seat covers ! $ 1000 ! NO WAY ! What's your complaint!
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My complaint is people that think sourcing materials, processing materials, time spent assembling materials into a thing, all while keeping the lights on, bills paid, insurance and medical coverage (plus a little thing called profit) can be a cheap endeavor for all parties.

Edit to add: I'm sure Pepboys will offer some T-Shirt seat covers, for less than Carhartts. But they'll be MF'ing T-Shirts.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As I browse through all these after market products coming online for our trucks. I cant help but think why is everything so damn expensive?? I want decent seat covers ! $ 1000 ! NO WAY ! What's your complaint!
It’s the times we know live in have you been under a rock the last couple years everything has gone up across the board and it’s going to get worst before it gets better

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$700 pieces of metal to hold winches, $250 a piece for “stirrups,” $75 a piece for plastic mud flaps. Inflation sucks, but I’m not convinced these things would have been much cheaper a couple years ago.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Chris, I think the problem right now is there's not much competition in the Bronco aftermarket. If the Bronco makes it, it should be like Jeeps aftermarket after a while. It won't come down much, but the prices should get a bit better. And there will be more suppliers to choose from.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pricing is nuts when compared to Jeep but they still have development costs to recoup, and a much smaller market to boot. It will get better eventually.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you not realize what's going on in the world right now? Look at the price of groceries, fuel, etc.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Try shopping for F150 Raptor parts. They have what is known as a "Raptor tax". Parts for a standard F150 $100, same parts for a Raptor $300.

The Bronco aftermarket is in it's infancy. First to market are going to charge whatever they want. As competition comes online the market will stabilize.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Initial development/production is the most expensive and risky part of making aftermarket parts. After they are able to sell a certain quantity price will most likely come down to be competitive with jeep parts.

As the Bronco becomes as commonplace as the Jeep prices

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco RIPPING US OFF! EVEYTHING AFTER MARKET! e5c5133fbeebc92dcbc104e78c58bddaedeacac6&rid=giphy

As a small business owner, my costs have gone up about 35% in the last 2 years and about 60% over the past decade.

My fees have gone up twice in the past decade, both were COLA's. Both resulted in dozens of salty customers complaining about their invoice.

I'm allowed to go bankrupt to ensure you have a bottom-price product, obviously without any gratitude from customers like yourself, but if I choose to hire people at a wage that allows them to live in this region and not be bankrupt then suddenly i'm being greedy. Love it!

FWIW, here's a suggestion that will blow your f-ing mind:
  • Buy a sewing machine ($200)
  • Learn to sew (free, because..... INTERNET!)
  • Materials to make your own seat covers: ~$600
  • SAVE SAVE SAVE!!!!! You just saved $200 and learned a life skill
And you cut out the middle man, which was hiring somebody who already invested in equipment and skilled labor to bring you a product. That's smrt.

S-M-R-T

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My complaint is people that think sourcing materials, processing materials, time spent assembling materials into a thing, all while keeping the lights on, bills paid, insurance and medical coverage (plus a little thing called profit) can be a cheap endeavor for all parties.
Lol. Have a look at the ADV hard top pricing post and you will find a thread full of manufacturing "experts" that will be happy (well, not really, most seem really angry) to tell you how to best run a business and that you are completely wrong.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Naw what makes me mad is folks selling some doo-dad that's completely over rated or un-needed....and likely overpriced too. Then every one jumps in and buys the junk cause its the new have-to-have item. Kinda funny in some ways I guess.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try shopping for F150 Raptor parts. They have what is known as a "Raptor tax". Parts for a standard F150 $100, same parts for a Raptor $300.
This is so true. Raptor parts pricing is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.