First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a more complete answer than simply saying "after market". That's all I'm seeking.
The jest of your question appears to be what parts might be warrantied by Ford. Let me back track on step. All parts/options you can order with the vehicle are OEM (original equipment manufacturer) no matter who actually manufactures them. Ford also sells/retails a line of accessories for most of their vehicles, these would be considered aftermarket. When you buy each accessory it will say if it is covered under some warranty. None would be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty except the ones that came attached to the vehicle when it was ordered/made.

Finally, any part not made by Ford or their suppliers which is made to fit a vehicle (like the ones you mentioned in the original post) are aftermarket. Ford has nothing to do with these at all, each part would be covered by some warranty by the seller, either stated or implied by the sales agreement or a construct of law.

I would like to see a few more definitions of after market, please and thank you.
The "market" is referred to the offerings of Ford when they make a vehicle, options or standard equipment. "Aftermarket" are those items for sale after the vehicle sale.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The "market" is referred to the offerings of Ford when they make a vehicle, options or standard equipment. "Aftermarket" are those items for sale after the vehicle sale.
Whoooooooooooooooooooosh!

The gist of his question was the jest of mine.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford also sells/retails a line of accessories for most of their vehicles, these would be considered aftermarket. When you buy each accessory it will say if it is covered under some warranty. None would be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty except the ones that came attached to the vehicle when it was ordered/made.
That's not the way I'm reading it here. Why would they say "the remainder of your 3 yr/36 bumper to bumper warantee", if it didn't apply after the sales date?

FORD%20WARANTEE.jpg

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Context is not the issue. The question is the question and that is; what do the Ford representatives that are responding to questions mean by "after market" parts? Simple. This means that I'm asking them to define their term "after market". Now I've asked the same question in two ways. Both request a clear operational definition of "after market".

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Dan
Dan the Man sounds like a riot at bbq's :rolleyes:

Fubl

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 buick lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the best analogy to this would be video games.

1st part : can be ordered with vehicle. Either dealer/port/factory installed almost always covered by warranty.

3rd party. Accessories and other licensed providers. Purchased through a Ford parts counter and given either a limited parts warranty or rolled under factory. (Different manufactors do different things. The one I work with does full factory at purchase or which ever is long 2 year parts or remaining of factory )

True aftermarket anything not offered through Ford that you see on a website. ?‍♂?‍♂ If it has warranty or not and how to deal with it is on you and the seller
Sponsored