Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not reading this whole thread, but who is charging a grand for seat covers?! I think you need to pop them shits in the googles machine. Plenty of options, for like 150? Maybe?
Vendor came on advertising new front and rear seat covers for $500 each! Hurry and pre order.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I buy machinery every day, in 2016 I purchased a spare 400hp inverter duty AC motor for $26K, last week I was quoted $92K for the same motor, wound up rebuilding it for $28K. Prices for parts for production equipment in the past two years have skyrocketed, labor and raw material costs also. All you can do is raise the price of your finished goods which means the consumer pays more in the end.
I feel that. I've run into some crazy lead times on top of increased prices. (I'm the maint mgr at a feed mill)

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Vendor came on advertising new front and rear seat covers for $500 each! Hurry and pre order.
I shit talk vendors on here all the time that are out of line. Do the same. Anyone that pays that is a moron. I do agree, some of the prices are insane, but then you have some that are doing real work, like StickerFab, Mabett... Support those that are not gouging.

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
e5c5133fbeebc92dcbc104e78c58bddaedeacac6&rid=giphy.gif

As a small business owner, my costs have gone up about 35% in the last 2 years and about 60% over the past decade.

My fees have gone up twice in the past decade, both were COLA's. Both resulted in dozens of salty customers complaining about their invoice.

I'm allowed to go bankrupt to ensure you have a bottom-price product, obviously without any gratitude from customers like yourself, but if I choose to hire people at a wage that allows them to live in this region and not be bankrupt then suddenly i'm being greedy. Love it!

FWIW, here's a suggestion that will blow your f-ing mind:
  • Buy a sewing machine ($200)
  • Learn to sew (free, because..... INTERNET!)
  • Materials to make your own seat covers: ~$600
  • SAVE SAVE SAVE!!!!! You just saved $200 and learned a life skill
And you cut out the middle man, which was hiring somebody who already invested in equipment and skilled labor to bring you a product. That's smrt.

S-M-R-T
The truth will set you free! Thanks for posting. šŸ‘

Sponsored

adamm13

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unless the parts directly interchange with lesser models, there isn't that big of a market for Raptor Specific part. They still have to design/produce the part and won't ever sell anywhere near the quantity that they would for a regular F150.

I'm sure the manufacturer also takes into account that the person could afford to spend a lot of cheese on a toy so they probably have the money to spend on expensive parts.
Manufacturers target the same profit margin for each item they produce. It does t vary based on what they guess a customer can afford.

Youre right about volumes. Low volume items will always cost more than higher volume items due to depreciation, volume discounts on materials, and more.

What really gets me is when people complain about the prices in one breath, and then complain about things that arenā€™t made in the US or the size of their paycheck in the other.

If you want quality products made in the US, and to be paid a good wage, the price you pay for products will also go up.

But, what do I know. Iā€™m sure that the discount import stuff from 4WP is just as good as the Texan built stuff at BodyGuard.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I browse through all these after market products coming online for our trucks. I cant help but think why is everything so damn expensive?? I want decent seat covers ! $ 1000 ! NO WAY ! What's your complaint!
My complaint is that people canā€™t just enjoy their Broncoā€™s. I mean if you need a step to get in and out, I can understand that. But do you really need a lift kit, too big tires, wheels that donā€™t fit, itā€™s insane. Thereā€™s a recent post of a guy hacking up a bump stop and drilling holes in shock mounts. It sure is entertaining though. I think Iā€™ll keep my warranty thanks.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you not realize what's going on in the world right now? Look at the price of groceries, fuel, etc.
Despite everything going on in the world, your PM did not pledge to increase the cost of absolutely everything by manufacturing everything you consume within your expansive borders, as ours did. Can you contemplate the cost of a computer or iphone built entirely with domestic labor? Just compare prices where it is possible in the music industry. A Chinese Telecastercan be had for $200, Squier Limited-Edition Bullet Telecaster Electric Guitar Lake Placid Blue | Musician's Friend (musiciansfriend.com) a Korean for $400, built in Mexico, $800, same thing built here $1200 or even $2600 Fender Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster Electric Guitar White Blonde | Musician's Friend (musiciansfriend.com)

Now I am for all in for "built in America" as long as that is ALL of NORTH America. Yes, we could use more appliance/radio/computer/furniture/etc factories in Canada, the US AND Mexico but do we first of all have the willing workers within only the US to prohibit import of engines from Windsor or completely built Escapes, Bronco Sports, Ram pickups, and on and on from Mexico? Look around, we cannot fill $15/hr shelf stocking jobs at Target

Now instead of Mexico our office furniture by the boatload has Made in Vietnam stickers and they have nothing that resembles an actual factory with proper working conditions or human rights as they remain a Chinese puppet. But, hey, if tradition is anything, in 50 years all this stuff will say Made in Afghanistan. Lose a war, win a trading partner

All I am suggesting, don't get too far astray in pushing for isolationism in manufacturing while posting on forums with SE Asian tech. I will give an award to the first person here that can post a truly 100% made in America 5G or even 4G phone/tablet/computer. Designed, yes, built? Good Luck

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

e5c5133fbeebc92dcbc104e78c58bddaedeacac6&rid=giphy.gif

As a small business owner, my costs have gone up about 35% in the last 2 years and about 60% over the past decade.

My fees have gone up twice in the past decade, both were COLA's. Both resulted in dozens of salty customers complaining about their invoice.

I'm allowed to go bankrupt to ensure you have a bottom-price product, obviously without any gratitude from customers like yourself, but if I choose to hire people at a wage that allows them to live in this region and not be bankrupt then suddenly i'm being greedy. Love it!

FWIW, here's a suggestion that will blow your f-ing mind:
  • Buy a sewing machine ($200)
  • Learn to sew (free, because..... INTERNET!)
  • Materials to make your own seat covers: ~$600
  • SAVE SAVE SAVE!!!!! You just saved $200 and learned a life skill
And you cut out the middle man, which was hiring somebody who already invested in equipment and skilled labor to bring you a product. That's smrt.

S-M-R-T
I have a new business model for you. (if you can't keep up with orders or retain employees, like most of us that are in business)

Friend of mine needed new sails for his boat, went to one of the most highly regarded sail maker, who just happens to be local, but either did not have the time or was busy on larger contracts than to just one-off a pair of sails. He gave my friend lessons, sold him the materials, let him or rented him time on his industrial sewing machines for the machine parts, and in a few short months my friend had a new set of sails. Similar to when a garages rents a stall and loans tools and advice
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.