First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really don’t understand what is confusing here. Ford seems to be using the term After Market in its normal, regular, every-day understanding.

Now, if the confusion is how Ford would know what the aftermarket manufacturers are planning... its not uncommon for OEMs to supply engineering documents, or even parts, to well established aftermarket companies to aid them in getting items to market.
Ford already announced partnerships with ARB for example, so I can imagine how Ford could have already provided ARB with specifications for the explicit and agreed purpose of producing a aftermarket bumper, for example.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By knowing if Ford defines "after market" as either Ford's after market parts (think Ford Performance) or non-Ford manufacturers or both will allow me to direct my research and expectations towards one or the other's "after market" collection or Ford's Performance Center. Of course the answer will beg many questions more, such as, "which company", if Ford's then when will the parts be available in their "after market" source, etc. Perhaps a simple response by Ford could be "the parts will be available through the Ford Performance Center catalog starting at X date" or "the parts will be available through your dealer at X date." or the non-Ford "after market" will provide the parts and we (Ford) do not know when they'll have the parts available". Something like that. Just a more complete answer than simply saying "after market". That's all I'm seeking.
Supposedly the Bronco will launch with 300 or so available accessories.

OP
OP

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not that it's confusing, it's that the answer from Ford is not complete, allowing one to know if the part will be a Ford part or not. If it will be a Ford part, then the next question would be; will the part be available for installation by the dealer and have a contentment Ford warranty with it? By answering my first question, insight to the matter would be greater allowing another question or terminating any additional questions for Ford.

Thanks for your response. You've added good knowledge toward my search for more information.

Dan

OP
OP

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Three hundred is an impressive number. This information certainly adds a measure of hope for parts I'd like to have on my new Bronco. Thank you!

Dan

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's not that it's confusing, it's that the answer from Ford is not complete, allowing one to know if the part will be a Ford part or not. If it will be a Ford part, then the next question would be; will the part be available for installation by the dealer and have a contentment Ford warranty with it? By answering my first question, insight to the matter would be greater allowing another question or terminating any additional questions for Ford.

Thanks for your response. You've added good knowledge toward my search for more information.

Dan
And does it have to be put in at time of delivery to get the full warantee?

OP
OP

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Often, manufacturers will work with after market suppliers before launch and provide information (e.g. like interior/exterior dimensions, wheel sizes/bolt patterns, etc) . That is why there are 500 third party iphone cases available on iphone launch date.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Three hundred is an impressive number. This information certainly adds a measure of hope for parts I'd like to have on my new Bronco. Thank you!

Dan
Call Ford's toll free customer service number. They may can give you their definition of "after market"

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Context is not the issue. The question is the question and that is; what do the Ford representatives that are responding to questions mean by "after market" parts? Simple. This means that I'm asking them to define their term "after market". Now I've asked the same question in two ways. Both request a clear operational definition of "after market".

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Dan
I think in this context, "after market" parts refers to those not developed in direct conjunction with Ford for OEM parts to be included in a configuration that will be classified as "stock" vehicle.

That said, many accessories have been/will be developed with some cooperation with Ford and even available for dealership side installation. This does not make these parts stock, but they can be included in original financing and even backed by a warranty to Ford's discretion. (this is something I consider to be case by case).

After market parts can be purchased in open market following completion of the original vehicle purchase. Some aftermarket parts fit perfectly, while others require modifications, fabrications, and down right rigging to get them to fit.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t recall any Ford reps actually using the phrase “aftermarket”. It’s always been “accessories”, which would mean either directly made by Ford or in partnership as others have stated.

Ford sees how big the aftermarket is for Jeep and they’re trying to pre-empt that for a big ol’ slice for themselves.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Context is not the issue. The question is the question and that is; what do the Ford representatives that are responding to questions mean by "after market" parts? Simple. This means that I'm asking them to define their term "after market". Now I've asked the same question in two ways. Both request a clear operational definition of "after market".

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Dan
After market when said by Ford or any other company means parts not produced by the manufacturer. As has been stated, Ford provides CAD drawings and test vehicles for the aftermarket companies to produce parts for. There’s no mystery, aftermarket parts is aftermarket parts. Ford will produce their own accessories which will pale in comparison to what the aftermarket will produce as the Bronco develops. I have a feeling you knew the answer all along and were hoping for something different?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

By knowing if Ford defines "after market" as either Ford's after market parts (think Ford Performance) or non-Ford manufacturers or both will allow me to direct my research and expectations towards one or the other's "after market" collection or Ford's Performance Center. Of course the answer will beg many questions more, such as, "which company", if Ford's then when will the parts be available in their "after market" source, etc. Perhaps a simple response by Ford could be "the parts will be available through the Ford Performance Center catalog starting at X date" or "the parts will be available through your dealer at X date." or the non-Ford "after market" will provide the parts and we (Ford) do not know when they'll have the parts available". Something like that. Just a more complete answer than simply saying "after market". That's all I'm seeking.
I think when talking about accessories, it means all of the above - some offered by Ford directly (think roof rack or rubber floor mats or things like that that you might not have gotten at the time of purchase, but they offer after the fact), some offered through Ford and/or Ford dealers but made by other companies (I'm assuming this could be things like winches or rope sets, etc), and some offered completely on their own by companies not associated with Ford that you'd buy off that company's website.

I think you're making it way more complicated than it is.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think when talking about accessories, it means all of the above - some offered by Ford directly (think roof rack or rubber floor mats or things like that that you might not have gotten at the time of purchase, but they offer after the fact), some offered through Ford and/or Ford dealers but made by other companies (I'm assuming this could be things like winches or rope sets, etc), and some offered completely on their own by companies not associated with Ford that you'd buy off that company's website.

I think you're making it way more complicated than it is.
I think it is a valid question. If you load down front end with dealer installed FORD bumpers, winches, lights/tow hooks and then have front end problems, is factory going to cover it?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think it is a valid question. If you load down front end with dealer installed FORD bumpers, winches, lights/tow hooks and then have front end problems, is factory going to cover it?
Right, but that would depend on the item itself. I'd think that anything offered either via Ford directly (when you order the vehicle) or something offered through Ford dealers would be covered.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Right, but that would depend on the item itself. I'd think that anything offered either via Ford directly (when you order the vehicle) or something offered through Ford dealers would be covered.
This looks like a pretty good explanation on accessories anyway. Ford Performance stuff, even suspensions, are not always covered fully under new car warantee...

https://accessories.ford.com/help-center.html#warranty
Sponsored