Not open for further replies.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you can settle and wait, cheaper options will release soon.
I was looking at Bartacts for my TJ, and Wet Okole.
settled on Rough Country Neoprene, and could buy 5 replacement sets for the cost of 1 set of Bartacts.
And never had to replace them.
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the products I sell have gone up about 20-50% in the last 2 years. We still have enough business to stay busy everyday for the next year if we stopped taking orders right now. I want to get a nice set of fog lights but I’m still browsing the options because more and more items come out constantly. If anything the fact that the oracle fogs were under $400 made me think they’re cheap and inferior quality. My problem with the AR side steps wasn’t that they were $200 a piece. It was that I can get a whole new set of side steps for about the same price and recoup some cost by selling my rock rails. The IAG steps were slightly better but I’m still waiting for the market to saturate so I can pick my favorite item from the bunch instead of kicking myself when something better comes out.

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its like everything these days.I have it made in china for a dollar Then Sell it to you for only 100.bucks..What a deal..lol

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As I browse through all these after market products coming online for our trucks. I cant help but think why is everything so damn expensive?? I want decent seat covers ! $ 1000 ! NO WAY ! What's your complaint!
Stop whining and make your own shit.

Learn to sew
Learn how to measure and cut
Learn to weld

Keep track of how much it cost to buy all the materials
Keep track of how long it took you to make everything, and then multiply that by 1.5 times your hourly rate at your normal job [because you will need to do this after working your normal hours

and then see how much money it really costs to build something yourself

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not much different than those willing to forgo their specific build and get something less appealing just to to get their Bronco now. Supply and demand works

Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

$700 pieces of metal to hold winches, $250 a piece for “stirrups,” $75 a piece for plastic mud flaps. Inflation sucks, but I’m not convinced these things would have been much cheaper a couple years ago.
Buy a Datsun. There are plastic hub caps available.

OP
OP
cclkramer

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you not realize what's going on in the world right now? Look at the price of groceries, fuel, etc.
Yes ! Price gouging across the board! I cant wait for the november elections! Restore order! There may be nuclear war before then.😥

OP
OP
cclkramer

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I suggest the OP go out and buy a welder, a powder coating machine and a 3D printer then he can make all the free shit he wants for him and us.
$ 2000 bucks for a front bumper! $500 for plastic mudflaps! $500 for a rear seat cover! I just might give your idea a go!

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve literally built $50-$100,000 4x4 resto mods with my own two hands
Not bolt on accessories

i know what my time is worth, my skill level and health is worth

I build some I buy some
I’m not happy how much the bronco costs, but it’s isn’t 2007, the last time I bought a new car either

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As I browse through all these after market products coming online for our trucks. I cant help but think why is everything so damn expensive?? I want decent seat covers ! $ 1000 ! NO WAY ! What's your complaint!
We've had people state some of our products had a "Bronco Tax" added, which is not true. We manufacture our own mounting systems for lights under our KR Off-Road Brand.

Metal costs over 2x what it costs a year ago and it goes up constantly. On top of that, raw materials (like paint) are getting harder to find and more expensive. We also use stainless steel for most of our products which comes at a VERY high premium.

So it's not quite a "Bronco Tax" but just what these types of materials cost. Same goes for a lot of industries. Prices are 2x what they used to be 1-2 years ago.

That's my take on things anyway, from a vendors POV. It's harder to get supplies these days, takes longer and now it's costing more to transport goods.

Not to mention the R&D that goes into something.

$12,000 3D Scanner
$2,000 Laptop
$3,000 Design PC
$1,000 3D printer for prototyping
$500 a year for software
The cost in labor for someone to design something
The time it takes to print it/try it out (more labor)
Rapid prototypes out of stainless (which are NOT cheap for a single product run for 1-2 brackets).
More labor for fitting/etc...

So yeah, that all ads up. So when we see people going "Man you are just adding a Bronco Tax, I can build that for $20 in parts in my garage" I laugh :) If only it were that inexpensive to do what we do.

The same goes for other industries with regards to raw materials, R&D, etc... finding labor is tough these days also. Cost of living has gone up, which means wages have gone up.

Last edited:

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No complaints here. I understand or except a few things.... 1st year release, and engineering new parts cost $$$. In a year or two many of our parts will cost the same as jeep parts (they have been around a long time). The economy is in the toilet due to covid n the government.

Enjoy what you have, be thankful and change what you can. Happy life n blue skys....

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not reading this whole thread, but who is charging a grand for seat covers?! I think you need to pop them shits in the googles machine. Plenty of options, for like 150? Maybe?

OP
OP
cclkramer

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve literally built $50-$100,000 4x4 resto mods with my own two hands
Not bolt on accessories

i know what my time is worth, my skill level and health is worth

I build some I buy some
I’m not happy how much the bronco costs, but it’s isn’t 2007, the last time I bought a new car either
I agree 100%! You building a custom built product! A one of a kind bad ass peice of art molded with your brain and hands !👍 I was just bringing up the topic of the high cost of after market parts hoping we could talk about it in a civil manner. Get ideas that might benefit all of us. Seems like some people just like to come out and drop bombs everywhere.

CVSJR

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '09 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I buy machinery every day, in 2016 I purchased a spare 400hp inverter duty AC motor for $26K, last week I was quoted $92K for the same motor, wound up rebuilding it for $28K. Prices for parts for production equipment in the past two years have skyrocketed, labor and raw material costs also. All you can do is raise the price of your finished goods which means the consumer pays more in the end.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.