Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I browse through all these after market products coming online for our trucks. I cant help but think why is everything so damn expensive?? I want decent seat covers ! $ 1000 ! NO WAY ! What's your complaint!
What Seat Covers are you looking at? Short of Katzkin or PRP both of which seem pretty high end, I can't find anything that comes close to that $1000 price on line. Both the above brands are high priced for any vehicle. I did find a bunch of sub $500 though.
Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree completely.

This would probably make @cclkramer have a brain aneurism, literally die as he reads this or at least eyes physically flying out of his sockets, but you can actually acquire the tooling and materials necessary to do something for yourself.

Your example above is great! Plasma cutter has TONS of uses if you've got projects to do.

I wanted shop work benches capable of supporting 2,000 lbs but didn't want to spend over $2,000 each to buy them.

So I can build a long block (Motor and transmission) together without having to bend over. I went out and got a welder, safety gear, raw materials, tools and equipment, and learned how to make some shop tables. Next up will be floor-to-ceiling industrial shelving to hold palletized engines and also bin storage.

Total price to build these two benches (12 linear feet long) was about $3,500 if I never use any of the equipment again. Note, that's a cost savings over buying 2 benches of this total length.

Cost for floor to ceiling shelving will be cost of materials only, ~$800 (did you know metal prices have gone up since 2019???????), so there's HUGE cost savings in doing this myself.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-06 at 11.12.15 AM (2).jpeg

Certainly not a professional fabricator or welder, but i'm learning
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-06 at 11.12.16 AM (4).jpeg

Outside to let the metal coatings dry
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-06 at 11.27.04 AM.jpeg
Welp...there you have it folks. The mystery is solved. There's absolutely no effin way the real Rick Astley has pipes (biceps not vocal chords) like these. Someone call the vet!! Those puppies are sick!

Ford Bronco RIPPING US OFF! EVEYTHING AFTER MARKET! 1646435137504

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m just happy that Iā€™m at a point in my life to be ā€œableā€ to afford some of these things.
notice I didnā€™t say ā€œwillingā€.
im picking and choosing my mods carefully.

but inflation may change this soon if things donā€™t improve (biting my tongue here)

OP
OP
cclkramer

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What Seat Covers are you looking at? Short of Katzkin or PRP both of which seem pretty high end, I can't find anything that comes close to that $1000 price on line. Both the above brands are high priced for any vehicle. I did find a bunch of sub $500 though.
Now your talking. Something rugged, decently made and priced. I've only seen pictures .Hardly any trustworthy reviews. Something recommended from our group. Thanks

OP
OP
cclkramer

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cool concept! If you think the price is to high - donā€™t buy it. I donā€™t see the problem. I would love to have a raptor f-150 but donā€™t want the bill.
That's where I am. Not buying. I have a few things on my radar but not a lot of money to burn. I'll just wait for the competition to catch up.

Sponsored

MaddSkillzzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Morris Minor Traveller
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I first started to look of a real vehicle (the wife wants air conditioning and opening the windows is not air conditioning in her mind) I was hit with sticker shock! The last new vehicle I bought was over 40 years ago and is was less than $6000. So its just this is 2022 and not 1980 this cost more, so I accept it and stay within my budget.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's where I am. Not buying. I have a few things on my radar but not a lot of money to burn. I'll just wait for the competition to catch up.
Curious, why didn't you get Badlands with washout interior?

OP
OP
cclkramer

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Curious, why didn't you get Badlands with washout interior?
That is what I have. The seats are really nice marine grade material. My truck is optioned out with everything. The seats are too nice. Looking to preserve them. My dogs with toenails and grandkids the seats dont stand a chance.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is what I have. The seats are really nice marine grade material. My truck is optioned out with everything. The seats are too nice. Looking to preserve them. My dogs with toenails and grandkids the seats dont stand a chance.
Oh ok, because you haven't changed your account from Wildtrak. The toe nails, yeah. I can see that. What about cages?

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As I browse through all these after market products coming online for our trucks. I cant help but think why is everything so damn expensive?? I want decent seat covers ! $ 1000 ! NO WAY ! What's your complaint!
It's like anything else in this country- Greed. Plain and simple. People see a new market, and pounce at the opportunity to price gouge. Age-old thing, really. As long as capitalism has existed. The "ooh, cost for this, cost for that"people are using that as an excuse to gouge customers for $$$ (5% of all this garbage (the other 5% is actually OF high quality) is massively over-inflated, gouged prices.

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$700 pieces of metal to hold winches, $250 a piece for ā€œstirrups,ā€ $75 a piece for plastic mud flaps. Inflation sucks, but Iā€™m not convinced these things would have been much cheaper a couple years ago.
ā€˜itā€™s cost money to ship those materials to these manufacturers...just fuel price increases alone should easily increase costs over 2 years ago

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A vehicle thats 40-50-60k before markups and people are upset about inflation? šŸ˜‚. Cant imagine why prices keep going up? Pretty soon theyll have 96 month loans.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you really want to get worked up go check out AliBaba and compare the off-road lighting there and realize folks are making 70-80 points off of us.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy or not to buy....not really a problem here. May we always have that kind of problem.
It is time to recognize how blessed we North Americans are to have the options, choices, and manufacturers with the ability to actually produce quality products. We will all see if Fords new Broncos in the months ahead actually hold up to the real world compared to our virtual views and dreams.
Live free and buy or do not buy and be happy regardless. You are blessed.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.