HopeHawk76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious if any of you have driven both and noticed a difference. I have a 2023 4 dr Sas BL and I just recently bought a 2023 2 dr Non-sas BB for my daughter. One of the first differences we noticed in the driving the two broncos was that the newer 2dr Big Bend just seems to have a lot more wind noise. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just normal variability in vehicle construction? Could it be the fundamental differences in panel and vehicle configuration? When I drive the 2dr it seems like most of the noise comes from the back right clam shell area. When driving my 4 dr the sound is more pronounced from overhead where the driver and passenger side windows meet the roof line. With the 4 dr the junction between the panels and clam shell is obviously pushed back away from the front row. Likewise, the rear wiper noises are much more noticeable in the 2 door, which makes sense because it's just that much closer to the drivers head.

Would appreciate your input. Hope you all are enjoying your broncos as much as we are.
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you're on the right track.

You're closer to the Ford road noise generator(RNG), the rear of the roof, in a two-door. That's probably why it seems louder.

Or, because it's a proper Bronco, people are always cheering as you drive... 😁 😂

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
My daughter has a 4-Dr 2023 OBX, and I have a late 2022 2Dr Base with OBX tires/rims on it. I think my daughter's Bronco has more noise.

Only difference I can see is I have 3.73 gearing and she has 4.27.

I am mostly talking wind & road noise.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you're on the right track.

You're closer to the Ford road noise generator(RNG), the rear of the roof, in a two-door. That's probably why it seems louder.

Or, because it's a proper Bronco, people are always cheering as you drive... 😁 😂
My 22 2door base is quieter than any other true off road removable top vehicle I've owned or been in. That's in a 57 year period.
I have used my rear wiper a few times and never heard a sound. What might this device sound like?
Please provide an audio recording of this for the forum members to analyze.
Paul in AZ

BK1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, GMC At4, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have had every variation. 2 door wildtrack was terrible! Passenger side window corner whistle and noise. Also have a 24 Everglades that is pretty loud wind noise. Taped up overhead which helped but just made the noise from passenger windows more noticable. It made my 23 4 door seem pretty quiet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HopeHawk76

HopeHawk76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 22 2door base is quieter than any other true off road removable top vehicle I've owned or been in. That's in a 57 year period.
I have used my rear wiper a few times and never heard a sound. What might this device sound like?
Please provide an audio recording of this for the forum members to analyze.
Paul in AZ
I saw another thread where a bronco owner posed an audio file of a rear wiper that sounded pretty dang rough. In my case, it simply sounds like the hum or whine of the small motor assembly that is probably driving the wiper arm.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
What would be interesting... and hard to catalog... is to list complaints by month/year/model built. I say this because I really haven't had any problems with my 2022 2Dr Base built in October. Granted... I only have about 5K on it now, and I use it to travel on the highway....

However, I don't seem to have the wind noise, the fitment of the doors seem fine, I haven't had any hardtop issues, I don't have any rear-wiper issues, etc. Of course -- I just could be more accomodating.

All-in-all... I'm a bit of OK with my Bronco. Its a truck that gets me where I want to go (so far) with little issue.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The gap in the 2dr where the rear clamshell meets the door window is a hollow noise maker. Mine is one of the quietest 4wd vehicles I have owned now.

Try filling that cavity in to stop most all of the noise.

OP
OP
HopeHawk76

HopeHawk76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The gap in the 2dr where the rear clamshell meets the door window is a hollow noise maker. Mine is one of the quietest 4wd vehicles I have owned now.

Thanks that is very informative and that seems to be where most of the noise is coming from.

Last edited:

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That seems logical in regard to noise on a 2Dr... but I swear I only hear it on the passenger side of the car when I'm driving. I wonder why???

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That seems logical in regard to noise on a 2Dr... but I swear I only hear it on the passenger side of the car when I'm driving. I wonder why???
Probably something to do with your left ear being so close to the driver door window. Ride in the passenger seat and it would seem louder coming from driver side. Just guessing though as I've never rode in the passenger seat myself :)

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious if any of you have driven both and noticed a difference. I have a 2023 4 dr Sas BL and I just recently bought a 2023 2 dr Non-sas BB for my daughter. One of the first differences we noticed in the driving the two broncos was that the newer 2dr Big Bend just seems to have a lot more wind noise. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just normal variability in vehicle construction? Could it be the fundamental differences in panel and vehicle configuration? When I drive the 2dr it seems like most of the noise comes from the back right clam shell area. When driving my 4 dr the sound is more pronounced from overhead where the driver and passenger side windows meet the roof line. With the 4 dr the junction between the panels and clam shell is obviously pushed back away from the front row. Likewise, the rear wiper noises are much more noticeable in the 2 door, which makes sense because it's just that much closer to the drivers head.

Would appreciate your input. Hope you all are enjoying your broncos as much as we are.
Haven't driven a 4 door, but my two door has the same wind noise you are describing. Rear right, maybe wheel well or corner of top where back window seals when closed. On my list to insulate, sooner or later.

OP
OP
HopeHawk76

HopeHawk76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably something to do with your left ear being so close to the driver door window. Ride in the passenger seat and it would seem louder coming from driver side. Just guessing though as I've never rode in the passenger seat myself :)
I think this is exactly what is happening. I think it's just the acoustics created by the gap between the driver's side and passenger's side front seats. Sound from the passenger side can easily travel from the passenger side to the driver's side through the gap, but sound from directly behind (driver's side) is blocked more by the front row seat back. I have children and we experience the same effect where it's easier for the parent on the driver's side to hear the kids on the passenger side talk, whereas the parent in the passenger seat finds it easier to hear kids sitting on the driver's side.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Excellent. Well done!

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So I owned a late 22 built 2dr Big Bend non-Sas and now a late 23 built 4Dr Heritage with Mod-top and Sas.

The 2Dr was LOUD. Maybe 83 dB on the highway around 70-75mph such that you had to shout to speak to anybody at those speeds. The Heritage can get loud near 80mph but still much quieter than the old 2Dr. I never checked the seals/gaps on the 2Dr as I knew the low-trim Big Bend wasn't for me and sold it last spring - while putting in a new Bronco order.
Sponsored