Sponsored

Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders Instructions?

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have the Bronco yet to poke around in, so I'm hoping someone else figures out an elegant way to get 'door open" signals from the factory harness.

I want to avoid the sensors as well as the harness running through the drain plugs. Ugh.

Also looking for alternatives to that huge red button! 😂

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have the Bronco yet to poke around in, so I'm hoping someone else figures out an elegant way to get 'door open" signals from the factory harness.

I want to avoid the sensors as well as the harness running through the drain plugs. Ugh.

My wife isn't aware of the big red button that's needed yet in "her" bronco. Waiting on the steps to arrive but like you, I might need to come up with a different solution for the button.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are looking for Elegance (maybe a Lincoln or a Cadillac),
I have the sensors tucked where no one touches them and they work flawlessly,
as far as the Drain plugs they are separate than the ones in the plastic Floor Drains plus in the Badlands and you can really drill holes anywhere you want it's all aluminum anyway not like it's going to rust, I agree about the red button switch my jeep has a switch with a very small green led on indicator and I am going to switch that out, all in all they work real nice and if you want to nitpick about the way they are built maybe you should wait until gen 2 or Gen 3 comes out and maybe they will be up to your standards, I am very Happy with them my wife/Family can get in/out easily and if I want to turn them off when I am 4-wheeling it's like they are not even there, but it sure is nice when they are there to get in and out and almost zero chances of any door dings when parked anywhere!

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are looking for Elegance (maybe a Lincoln or a Cadillac),
I have the sensors tucked where no one touches them and they work flawlessly,
as far as the Drain plugs they are separate than the ones in the plastic Floor Drains plus in the Badlands and you can really drill holes anywhere you want it's all aluminum anyway not like it's going to rust, I agree about the red button switch my jeep has a switch with a very small green led on indicator and I am going to switch that out, all in all they work real nice and if you want to nitpick about the way they are built maybe you should wait until gen 2 or Gen 3 comes out and maybe they will be up to your standards, I am very Happy with them my wife/Family can get in/out easily and if I want to turn them off when I am 4-wheeling it's like they are not even there, but it sure is nice when they are there to get in and out and almost zero chances of any door dings when parked anywhere!
I was initially going to thank you for the single bit of information on the drain plugs, which is helpful. But continuous condescending & unhelpful comments are of little use to me or anyone else.

A synonym of "elegant" is refined.... And adding redundant wires and sensors where factory wires and sensors already exist is definitely not refined. While the different plugs are interesting, drilling through anything on the floorpan is not the level of workmanship I perform myself or expect from a paid product.

I like the physical design of the steps, but there is likely a solution somewhere to better refine the wiring, easily done at home, which was the ENTIRE point of my post... And hopefully I, or someone else with a helpful attitude, will figure it out.

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs