Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now that I can actually add a roof rack to my Bronco order I notice on the four door the roof rack doesn't really fit. Doing some searching and it looks like two door roof rack is used on the four door.

I just find it very odd that the main storage section of the roof, the clamshell, is basically unusable. All the actual storage is going to be above the removable tops.

I just don't get it. But more importantly it just doesn't seem usable or functionable. Does anyone have any insight, or better yet a way to correct this? Can you add some sort of back section? Can you somehow extend the rails so that you can move the back clamps all the way back and still reach the windshield?

I did see that one aftermarket rack that truly covers the entire top, but the price is ridiculous.

https://zroadz.com/i-23915798-2021-...1||make=FORD||model=BRONCO||submodel=BADLANDS
Sponsored

Last edited:

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Everything I use my rack for attaches to it. The roof rack on my Forester doesn't extend beyond the rear doors but my kayak and skybox hang over the rear of the vehicle (above the cargo area) without issue.

My wife's odyssey the rack can go farther back but we have it set right about where the Foresters is set.

Why do you need it to go all the way to the rear of the Bronco?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not to mention it’s hideous bulky design and style. There will be plenty of aftermarket options - especially for the hardtop. Stock racks are always less practical than what true designers and engineers who focus on JUST racks (and a few other things) come up with.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Everything I use my rack for attaches to it. The roof rack on my Forester doesn't extend beyond the rear doors but my kayak and skybox hang over the rear of the vehicle (above the cargo area) without issue.

My wife's odyssey the rack can go farther back but we have it set right about where the Foresters is set.

Why do you need it to go all the way to the rear of the Bronco?
Good question. Mainly because of reach. I mean it's kind of ironic that Ford offers a slide out tailgate (4 door only) to allow you to stand on it to reach the roof, but then they move the rack is so far forward you can't reach it.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good question. Mainly because of reach. I mean it's kind of ironic that Ford offers a slide out tailgate (4 door only) to allow you to stand on it to reach the roof, but then they move the rack is so far forward you can't reach it.
Guess I never thought about the slide out tailgate - seems more marketing fluff than anything else.

I generally use the rear door sills to stand on to gain access to the skybox or strap my kayak or bike in after setting it up there. It would actually be a pain for me to have to reach back over the cargo area more than I already have to.
Sponsored