Sponsored

Short roof rack / rails that will fit 2-door Bronco with Sunrider?

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2 door Bronco with the freedom panels removed and a Bestop Sunrider installed. I am looking for a small roof rail/rack system that will fit on the back portion of the hard top and will not interfere with opening the Sunrider.
Ford Bronco Short roof rack / rails that will fit 2-door Bronco with Sunrider? 20220122_173906_HDR
Ford Bronco Short roof rack / rails that will fit 2-door Bronco with Sunrider? 20220122_174214_HDR
Sponsored

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It looks like extremeterrain.com has some options that might work for you. I don't have any experience with the products though, pleasantly surprised that there are even different options available already.
I'm planning on getting a body mounted exoskeleton style roof rack for my two door.

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you ever find anything?
No, but I kind of quit looking for now. As soon as it warms up I'll have the top off 90% of the time anyway. Really only need it for vacations.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What you are describing and seeking is the Fishing Concept short rack that is unobtanium. Many of us had wanted a short rack that fits only on the rear clam shell without using the factory rails that would obviously interfere with the sunrider.

Sponsored

Cubertious

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jcr has a half rack for 2 doors. I don’t know if you’ll be able to use it with the Sunrider top.
https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6RK-S.html

Looking at the picture it may be cutting it close. But this is something I’ve been considering myself (the Sunrider and the Jcr half rack) since I can’t decide if I want to go full soft top with no rack or if I’ll keep the hardtop and get a rack. Seems like a nice middle ground if it works.

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bad Ass Tents looks like it'll clear the Sunrider. I have a factory rack but want to go Sunrider too.
JCR rack looks more substantial, but does look close.

CactusToby

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3, Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2 door Bronco with the freedom panels removed and a Bestop Sunrider installed. I am looking for a small roof rail/rack system that will fit on the back portion of the hard top and will not interfere with opening the Sunrider.
Ford Bronco Short roof rack / rails that will fit 2-door Bronco with Sunrider? 20220122_174214_HDR
Same … I have a 4Dr with MIC hardtop and will install the sunrider. I’m not overlanding but wanted an option to put ski racks or my cargo box on top. Badass tents has one. Check to see if it’ll work on your 2dr.

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same … I have a 4Dr with MIC hardtop and will install the sunrider. I’m not overlanding but wanted an option to put ski racks or my cargo box on top. Badass tents has one. Check to see if it’ll work on your 2dr.
Just looked at that one today! I wanna see the JcrOffroad one before I decide.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

let me know what you decide to go with. JCR ones look better.
It doesn't look like the jcrodffroad one will work.
let me know what you decide to go with. JCR ones look better.
It doesn't look loke the Jcr Offroad one will work.
The issue with the sunrider is that it needs about 5 inches of uninterrupted space to lay flat on the back clamshell. Looking at the website it looks as if the jcr rack comes all the way to the front of the clamshell and even extends onto the front 2 removeable panels as well keeping them locked in place and not removeable if someone were using those instead of the sunrider.

20230227_102326_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_20230227-102453.png

CactusToby

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3, Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I checked on the JCR website and the comments on their YouTube install posts. To take the fro t panels off, you just have to lift the front farring a bit and it will pass up. Or remove the front farring, but will cause wind noise. I see what you mean by the Sunrider having to lay flat.

Santos

Badlands
First Name
Santo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977F100:1970 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bad ass tents will work with sunrider, I have that one it does have wind noise even though it says it doesnt.