Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
1640749660771.png

SOOOO... for the YAKIMA SMALL ROOF MOUNTED CARGO PLATFORM, Ford Accessory Part No: VM2DZ7855100C... is this just for the platform, or does this come with the crossbars for the back section of the hardtop?

THANKS!!!
This in the image does not exist - it was a prototype that Ford for some reason didn't make. If you order that rack you only get the platform, not the glorious feet that would be perfect for all of us that want a sensible factory-finish roof rack option.

Although it's not as ideal, I went with Seasucker Ridge-Ready Monkey bars so that I can do exactly as you describe - take the roof rack on and off without the rack being a huge PITA all the time. They also have more of a premium look to them than the plethora of "welded sheet metal" options on the market currently.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

*Copied image that you are referencing for context*
Ford Bronco "Short" Roof Rack for 2 Door 1677286204244

This in the image does not exist - it was a prototype that Ford for some reason didn't make. If you order that rack you only get the platform, not the glorious feet that would be perfect for all of us that want a sensible factory-finish roof rack option.

Although it's not as ideal, I went with Seasucker Ridge-Ready Monkey bars so that I can do exactly as you describe - take the roof rack on and off without the rack being a huge PITA all the time. They also have more of a premium look to them than the plethora of "welded sheet metal" options on the market currently.
Ford Bronco "Short" Roof Rack for 2 Door OEM Half Rack

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

NICE! where'd you find that one?
So how was this acquired? Exactly what I've been wanting since day 1. Can you actually order it somehow?
You'll have to search through the What Did You Do To/With Your Bronco Today thread or maybe the owner will see this and chime in here. They took two OEM roof racks and cobbled them together to make it. Looks like it shouldn't be too hard. Just some patience and measuring before making the cuts. Including the photo again, in case the owner see it and wants to chime in.

Ford Bronco "Short" Roof Rack for 2 Door OEM Half Rack

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You'll have to search through the What Did You Do To/With Your Bronco Today thread or maybe the owner will see this and chime in here. They took two OEM roof racks and cobbled them together to make it. Looks like it shouldn't be too hard. Just some patience and measuring before making the cuts. Including the photo again, in case the owner see it and wants to chime in.

OEM Half Rack.jpg
@Mabett @BROADDICT this is what many of us are looking for - a short rack option that has the OEM finish that Ford showcased on the fishing guide Bronco. Would simply be two sets of the rear attachment clamp assemblies, two "rear crossbars" and two short side rails with the rear clamp attachment cutouts on both ends.

Last edited:

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not for 2 door.... The 4 door has 2 "grip mounts" on the clam shell.... The 2 door doesn't. But with the factory rails, you have the option of mounting the forward crossbar at the front or the middle of the rails.
OR.... mount a small platform to the rails directly without crossbars. 🤷🏻
This is the only answer in this entire thread that seems to have good information for the 2-door. The 2-door does not have the two sets of mounts like the 4-door, needed for the short rack in the photos. The photo below is mine, before I took the rack off of it. Just the one mounting spot at the rear there. It came from the factory with the crossbar in the middle position, but I moved mine to the front. Only the two positions available for that crossbar.

2b7xOof.jpg

Nzoreo

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco (3rd one), Jaguar I-Pace, E class.
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco "Short" Roof Rack for 2 Door 2b7xOof

@JcrOffroad followed through and now I have the fairings! VERY nice!!!
are you able to take the front panels off without removing the half rack?

any experience with wind noise vs a full rack?

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have this in development. 2 door and 4 door fitment. The MOLLE panel would be optional, but personally, I totally dig it with the MOLLE.

I dig the molle as well but clamp on racks for snowboards would not work on that. Is there a way to buy the molle panel to swap out in season?
Sponsored