First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco, 2008 Triumph Thuxton
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have looked everywhere, searched posts on here and googled. How can I purchase a roof rack? I pick up my FE tomorrow and desperately need a roof rack. Dealer says I have to order through Ford app.. but I don’t see the racks as an option at all. What is everyone else doing who couldn’t get them?
Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Camburg racing is making one and has a video on You tube. They are not out yet. After SEMA you should start to see more. So far I have not heard of any out.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s unbelievable Ford doesn’t let us order it as an Accessory.

I am very hopeful someone designs the same rack, but sturdier with 150lbs rating instead of 110 lbs. Most roof top tents on the market are 140.

One way to do it is to use the rear mount of the 4D. If you look closely the 4D rack is just a 2D rack put on the 4D so there is just one contact point at the front and one at the 3/4 rear, but the mounting point at the extremity is not used on the 4D. Camburg prototype does exactly that so I am impatient.

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There is a thread around here somewhere that said the rack is supposed to be available to order on the accessories page starting 11/1…so I guess we’ll find out for sure tomorrow. Sorry, don’t have the thread link handy.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think Ford intended to sell the first version of the rack as an accessory. Just look at the retail price of piecing it together through the parts catalog. As soon as the 2nd version is ready to go it will be for sale.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As others have mentioned... it will someday become an accessory. Ultimately depends how much extra supply they have available.

For the past few months most of the supply has been going to the assembly line for folks that ordered roof racks from the factory. As @broncomorrow mentioned, they're supposed to add a handful of accessories next month, but who knows if the roof rack will be included.
Sponsored