Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford employees or someone with a close contact - please push for a detailed description and Q&A regarding the 21MY Sasquatch Roof Rack debacle.
  1. WHY has Ford recommended 21MY reservation holders wait for 22MY if you want a Sasquatch with roof rack?
  2. Will there be a 22MY Bronco change and/or attachment point change?
  3. Will the announced 2022 Roof Package fit the 21MY and be approved for use?
  4. Is it simply to streamline 21MY production and there will be no issue installing it yourself?
Ford recommends to wait for 22MY and has communicated the 2022 Roof Rack Package, so why the secrecy? Why hold back on key details when you’ve already announced it?

Communicate the full details and Q&A!

Edit: it’s not just Sasquatch. When you build out a 4dr Badland, no Sasquatch, and add the 2.7, it drops the roof rails.
You should simply call up Elaine Chao at the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and ask her for the testing regulations for rooftop storage and what Ford has submitted.

Vastly easier, faster and more accurate than trying to harass somebody who, if they told you the answers you seek, would be putting their entire career in the auto industry on the line. So call up Elaine and get the answers.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/about-nhtsa/contact-us
Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Come join us!

Ford Bronco 2022 Roof Rack Package cu-class22_800x

Ford Bronco 2022 Roof Rack Package roof rack

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This has nothing to do with making a lighter Bronco. Bronco has poor payload yeah, but it’s more than enough for the rack. Plus a Badlands is heavier with less payload than a Sasquatched Big bend, yet Badlands can have the roof rack but not the Sasquatch. Again, nothing to do with GVWR.
Yeah, but can it handle Paint Protection Film?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hell, they may go ahead and bump the Bronco up to a Class 2A and eliminate all this GVWR talk altogether. Everyone already has it mentally stacked against the Wrangler as being in the same "class" even if they aren't in the same Class 1 after the first model year.

Sponsored

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has nothing to do with making a lighter Bronco. Bronco has poor payload yeah, but it’s more than enough for the rack. Plus a Badlands is heavier with less payload than a Sasquatched Big bend, yet Badlands can have the roof rack but not the Sasquatch. Again, nothing to do with GVWR.

Ford mentions the 2022 will have a new rack platform. My guess is that when Ford tested the rack fully loaded on Sasquatch they deemed it unsafe due to height (concern of rolling over). Don’t forget a Badlands is higher than a Rubicon despite same wheels. A SAS is even higher.
What else could it be? Again SAS on most trim (including Wildtrack) is not heavier than a Badlands so it is NOT weight.
So how will they fix that? I have no idea.

But it is a MAJOR concern if they bring structural change to the vehicle itself in 2022 yeah.

In the meantime I am screwed choosing a BL with no SAS because I need the rack and it’s not part of dealer accessories.
Badlands with Sasquatch is same height as wildtrak which comes with it. You can also still get the rack on the 2dr versions so nothing to do with height.

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe it's all racks. I bought my wife a 2021 Suburban and neither Thule of Yakima currently have a rack for it. It's been out for a few months, and Suburbans and Tahoe's are pretty popular vehicle with no rack set up. Pain in the arse.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those of us wanting 2.7 Sas, are we totally out of luck? 2023?
Unless you want a 2 door then yes. Pretty much any 4 door that you have a 2.7 and Sasquatch the roof rack is a goner.

• Sad
Reactions: jxc
OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you want a 2 door then yes. Pretty much any 4 door that you have a 2.7 and Sasquatch the roof rack is a goner.
Since the max payload for Black Diamond, Badlands, and FE is 1,161 lbs, and Ford hasn’t told us more, I guess I’ll have to just assume that adding the rack later will be fine and it will simply subtract from the payload.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Since the max payload for Black Diamond, Badlands, and FE is 1,161 lbs, and Ford hasn’t told us more, I guess I’ll have to just assume that adding the rack later will be fine and it will simply subtract from the payload.
Yup... you can add the roof rack and be fine... you just can't add yourself, family, and their luggage :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

roof rack...this is just my opinion and what i have been suggesting to our orders...if you have to have it, change your specs, OR wait to order until you have seen one in person...i haven't seen the roof rack up close, so I don't know how its installed...it may be an easy clamp on OR its drilled in...not of fan of drilling into a car to install a roof rack afterwards (i.e. base Escapes or Edges)…we have done them, i just cringe...this isn't really helpful, just my opinion on the situation...it would suck to drill into a 60k vehicle and it start leaking, especially if it was an aftermarket roof rack that wouldn't be covered under warranty

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Once again, aftermarket will be flooded. A roof rack won’t be an issue...the overland market alone will deliver this.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
roof rack...this is just my opinion and what i have been suggesting to our orders...if you have to have it, change your specs, OR wait to order until you have seen one in person...i haven't seen the roof rack up close, so I don't know how its installed...it may be an easy clamp on OR its drilled in...not of fan of drilling into a car to install a roof rack afterwards (i.e. base Escapes or Edges)…we have done them, i just cringe...this isn't really helpful, just my opinion on the situation...it would suck to drill into a 60k vehicle and it start leaking, especially if it was an aftermarket roof rack that wouldn't be covered under warranty
And with that, I'll wait for a well designed aftermarket for the roof rack (unless I'm bumped to my22 then I'll just get it from factory with my sas). Really only need it to hold a fishing pole and maybe car camping. The tow package will get me my bikes to and fro

Thanks for your input!
Sponsored