Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I can squeeze 15s on it, like Henry Jones Sr. I will be as giddy as a school boy!
Me too, I have 5 of these I'd LOVE to put on my CO Badlands:

2dObi6UMkInNpJ_AWExq-WAfs=w1270-h953-no?authuser=0.jpg
Sponsored

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rotor diameter is not the only thing that affects braking power.

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sure they are the same brakes as the Ranger, which are supposed to be a 12.24"rotor. At that it would be bigger than the brakes on my '79 on the front, and that had 11" drums in the back, vs. the 12.12" discs the Ranger has (that I assume the Bronco comes with). Are these suitable for a day on the racetrack, probably not. Are they good for daily driver duty, sure. Would you need to watch them when descending Pike's Peak -- definitely, you'd be a fool not to. These will be fine for a 5,000 lb vehicle if you don't drive like its a 2,000 lb sports car.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was actually a bit shocked to see that there's no big brake kit upgrade somewhere along the model lineup or included in Sasquatch. It's a whole different animal to put the whoa on a set of wide 35's than some pizza cutter 30's. Of course, I've never understood why Ford only puts Brembo calipers up front on Mustangs too or their general attitude towards brakes as a company I guess.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If they are using the same brakes across all models, you can only go so big on a 16" base wheel.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you pups even know what drum brakes are? Those brakes will be fine.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The F150 also has the same brakes for all trims .. and that includes the Raptor. And yes you can upgrade BUT most aftermarket brakes are very expensive (3-5k) and require a 20-inch wheel to clear

I bet the Bronco brakes are F150 brakes.
A/m brakes don't typically require 20" wheels.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

... Would you need to watch them when descending Pike's Peak -- definitely, you'd be a fool not to...
Not if you have the 7MT. Shift into C and just mosey on down the mountain letting the engine do the work 🤪

OP
OP
xcxv

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I thought there would be HD brakes and larger rotors for SAS, BL and up.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that's one of the first things I'll be looking to upgrade, to be honest. getting rid of the stock rubber brake lines and upgrading to SS braided lines with high temp fluid.
Any recommendations on where to get the new stainless steel lines? I tried looking around and haven't had much luck short of having them custom made.

Sponsored

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure they are the same brakes as the Ranger, which are supposed to be a 12.24"rotor. At that it would be bigger than the brakes on my '79 on the front, and that had 11" drums in the back, vs. the 12.12" discs the Ranger has (that I assume the Bronco comes with). Are these suitable for a day on the racetrack, probably not. Are they good for daily driver duty, sure. Would you need to watch them when descending Pike's Peak -- definitely, you'd be a fool not to. These will be fine for a 5,000 lb vehicle if you don't drive like its a 2,000 lb sports car.

Those are smaller than my GTI! WTF?

20180507_175718.jpg

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was actually a bit shocked to see that there's no big brake kit upgrade somewhere along the model lineup or included in Sasquatch. It's a whole different animal to put the whoa on a set of wide 35's than some pizza cutter 30's. Of course, I've never understood why Ford only puts Brembo calipers up front on Mustangs too or their general attitude towards brakes as a company I guess.
Aftermarket. The smaller brakes will be perfectly adequate for stopping power, they will probably just warp really fast. (That’s what happened to my Jeep which is similar rotor size at least)

Toss on a big Brake kit with your first pad and rotor change. Boom.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The F150 also has the same brakes for all trims .. and that includes the Raptor. And yes you can upgrade BUT most aftermarket brakes are very expensive (3-5k) and require a 20-inch wheel to clear

I bet the Bronco brakes are F150 Ranger brakes.
Corrected for ya' :)

I mean, Ranger can tow 7,500 lbs, Bronco won't be getting near that unless a boulder is rolling down the mountain inside the cage along with the Bronco.

Realistically speaking, very few people who slap heavy ass tires and wheels on their vehicle ever consider how much unsprung weight they've added and the need for brake upgrades.

I'm sure modern brake lines are all capable of taking DOT5 fluid, but i'd want to be absolutely sure of it. Plus DOT 5 doesn't absorb water, so all your rusting will be at the brake line fitting. That's..... fun?

I'd probably run a Motul DOT 4 or similar if I was going to upgrade fluid/lines and just deal with water scavenging through annual fluid flushings.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
what are you talking about Willis? I mean Rick?

Corrected for ya' :)

I mean, Ranger can tow 7,500 lbs, Bronco won't be getting near that unless a boulder is rolling down the mountain inside the cage along with the Bronco.

Realistically speaking, very few people who slap heavy ass tires and wheels on their vehicle ever consider how much unsprung weight they've added and the need for brake upgrades.

I'm sure modern brake lines are all capable of taking DOT5 fluid, but i'd want to be absolutely sure of it. Plus DOT 5 doesn't absorb water, so all your rusting will be at the brake line fitting. That's..... fun?

I'd probably run a Motul DOT 4 or similar if I was going to upgrade fluid/lines and just deal with water scavenging through annual fluid flushings.