Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any recommendations on where to get the new stainless steel lines? I tried looking around and haven't had much luck short of having them custom made.
I've got Goodridge lines on the GTI and the 335, and their fitment is utterly perfect. It doesn't look they have an official part yet, though. But then again, it's a brand spanking new vehicle, so it's not really surprising. I'm sure some patience will help and they'll arrive eventually.
Sponsored

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
sorry ... BUT you are wrong. Let me rephrase ... most after market brakes kits for trucks require 20" wheels . The only aftermarket kit that fits on a Raptor with a 17 inch wheel (and will not fit most 17" wheels ) is from alcon and that kit may require you to change to an aftermarket tie rods to make it fit.

correction ... R1 concepts also makes a kit to make a 17" wheel but Not all 17 inch wheel will fit.

Alcon kit on a Raptor >> https://www.apollo-optics.com/colle...ts/ford-raptor-front-brake-kit-ce-bkf1559be11

1 more thing .. the rear brakes on a 2019-2020 F150 has an electric parking brake. The Bronco is also using an electric parking brake in the rear. My point is that most A/M kits will not have a electric parking for the rear.

I only know of 1 company that has a rear electric parking brake in an aftermarket application and that is R1 concepts.

A/m brakes don't typically require 20" wheels.

Last edited:

Sponsored

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Argument for larger brakes is primarily heat dissipation. Doubt anyone would cook these stock brakes slowing down, unless there are repeated hard stops from 100+mph that may prevent the brakes from cooling down.

EDIT: Unless you like the look of painted calipers, slotted/drilled rotors, then yes, these brakes are disappointing looking.

I suppose another argument is ease of changing brake pads with fixed caliper/floating rotor setups, but that, too doesn't seem like you'd need to do on the regular (during track days, etc.)

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someones gona develop a big brake kit or just get whatever the ranger raptor has and retrofit that SUMMITCH!

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sorry ... BUT you are wrong. Let me rephrase ... most after market brakes kits for trucks require 20" wheels . The only aftermarket kit that fits on a Raptor with a 17 inch wheel (and will not fit most 17" wheels ) is from alcon and that kit may require you to change to an aftermarket tie rods to make it fit.

correction ... R1 concepts also makes a kit to make a 17" wheel but Not all 17 inch wheel will fit.

Alcon kit on a Raptor >> https://www.apollo-optics.com/colle...ts/ford-raptor-front-brake-kit-ce-bkf1559be11

1 more thing .. the rear brakes on a 2019-2020 F150 has an electric parking brake. The Bronco is also using an electric parking brake in the rear. My point is that most A/M kits will not have a electric parking for the rear.

I only know of 1 company that has a rear electric parking brake in an aftermarket application and that is R1 concepts.
My statement wasn't specific to the Raptor, and stands. Who cares about the electric parking brake, unless it has to do with the size of the rotor? It's not relevant to this thread or my post.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's what I did with mine as well. Decided to try that first before jumping to a big brake kit. Ended up being more than enough and saved me thousands.
I got around it by taking a buddy's Golf R brakes (audi RS3 brakes, essentially) when he upgraded to brembo's. best decision ever. I may only be able to get 0-60 in 5 1/2 ish, but I can get from 60-0 in about 2.5 :-D

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heat dissipation is a "thing" off road and the parts glaze or warp because you need to often "ride" the brakes off road (at least many people do). Heat dissipation is just as important off road, driving less than 10 mph for an hour, as it is going into a turn at 100 mph and needing to get to 40 mph to make it around the apex. Small rotors was going to be necessary due to the stock wheel sizes, which is fine, but it'll have an impact, which we should all be aware of, on driveability off road.

ETA: as an aside, I changed my Wrangler's rear drums to disk brakes, bent my own lines and pressed my own fittings. Most of the braking is front brakes, typically, so there was really only a marginal difference on road, but off road, it made (seemingly) a more significant difference.

Doing the Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route overheated the brakes on my Super Duty, partly due to a sticking caliper, but having long dirt/gravel descents made for high temps in short order. Heat dissipation (or lack of) can make a scenic drive in the woods a lot more thoughtful.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone mentioned Pikes Peak but I have a funny story from a vacation in the Great Smokies. There we are trundling along in our family Subaru go slowly down the many steep inclines, in a low gear. A Durango with New Jersey plates, sorry people from New Jersey, is behind us for all of a half mile right on our bumper. We were going too slow for him. So the next straightaway he blasts around us. In about two minutes we start to smell brakes and we come around the corner to see him pulled over on the side of the road flames coming out from the front wheels. I may have beeped just to show him we cared.

Last edited:

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Single Part Number for all models? Doesn't look heavy duty to me.

Screenshot 2021-03-02 145550.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-02 145632.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-02 145511.jpg

Photo Credit Bronco6G YouTube
Wow Good Catch I Wouldn't Want To Be Caught In An Emergency Stop Situation In The New Ford Bronco If That's The Size Brakes Their "Engineers" Think Is Okay!!!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
and that is why rephrase that I was talking about a truck. The bronco is a truck.

I mentioned the rear brakes as most who upgrade the front will also upgrade the rear.

Your comment is correct if talking about a car. Again the bronco is a truck.

My statement wasn't specific to the Raptor, and stands. Who cares about the electric parking brake, unless it has to do with the size of the rotor? It's not relevant to this thread or my post.

Last edited:

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Doing the Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route overheated the brakes on my Super Duty, partly due to a sticking caliper, but having long dirt/gravel descents made for high temps in short order. Heat dissipation (or lack of) can make a scenic drive in the woods a lot more thoughtful.
So you had a sticking caliper and your rode your brakes down a long hill and overheating is a rotor diameter issue?
Sponsored