Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure where these fit in the spectrum of available replacements. I think I'd rather have the 3.0 tie rods or go all the way with Icons.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First question is why are you replacing?

Second is what type or how much wheeling do you do?

I ask because I was worried about the tie rods before wheeling due to all the posts here, but I went places I didn't think I would; the Bronco is that capable out of the box. And, I bang and bashed more than I ever thought I would and I'm still wheeling the stock tie rods on a base Man-Sasquatch

We need more stories of success to drown out all the noise!

Note: I'm not planning on wheeling boulder fields in a water crossing after a historic snow run off any time soon, all of the small rocks and dirt was gone and the boulders that would normally be half covered in dirt and smaller rocks were completely out in the open, not as fun.

But the tie rods held up. 👍

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First question is why are you replacing?

Second is what type or how much wheeling do you do?

I ask because I was worried about the tie rods before wheeling due to all the posts here, but I went places I didn't think I would; the Bronco is that capable out of the box. And, I bang and bashed more than I ever thought I would and I'm still wheeling the stock tie rods on a base Man-Sasquatch

We need more stories of success to drown out all the noise!

Note: I'm not planning on wheeling boulder fields in a water crossing after a historic snow run off any time soon, all of the small rocks and dirt was gone and the boulders that would normally be half covered in dirt and smaller rocks were completely out in the open, not as fun.

But the tie rods held up. 👍
Agreed. (y)

Folks around here would have you believe that you'll break a tie rod navigating a speed bump.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed. (y)

Folks around here would have you believe that you'll break a tie rod navigating a speed bump.

No, not really. Almost every broken tie rod and steering rack was off road doing more than just driving down a dirt road and usually with 37s or bigger. The vast majority of people upgrading their stuff are doing it for added insurance, not because they think their stuff is going to snap at any moment. If you are happy with what you have and how you are using it, then don't upgrade.

brettclutch

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was thinking about buying but then I dunno about the design....

* 40% Bigger but then cut half of it off before the mounting point adding another weak point :(

Ford Bronco Rough Country Tie Rod Upgrade Kit 1687623883960
Sponsored