First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pretty much without exception, OEM wheels are hub-centric. Guaranteed, ALL of the OEM wheel options for the Bronco will be hub-centric. Shear loads - encountered frequently in off-road scenarios, are transferred to the strong, hub of the wheel and NOT the lugs and conical seats. Wheels that are not hub-centric are lug centric - meaning that there is not a tight fit around the hub and shear loads are now transferred to the lugs. Aftermarket manufacturers FREQUENTLY do not manufacture hub-centric rims as they want their wheel to fit as many applications as possible. I wouldn't do serious off-road driving without a hub-centric wheel. Not sure if these are or not....

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want these. Maxlider but have no idea on how to buy them

Screenshot_20210612-212613_Facebook.jpg

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a great looking wheel!! Glad to finally see some flow-formed and forged wheels, instead of the fully cast junk that most off-road wheels are, trickling out for the Bronco.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh don’t tease me with that coupon!! Nice wheel.
I couldn't get it to take on mine...maybe because they know I'm window shopping this morning only?

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Promo code should have been VERYearlybird. Take the weekend off from browsing the forum and you're too late.

• Haha
Reactions: R11

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Promo code should have been VERYearlybird. Take the weekend off from browsing the forum and you're too late.
They also have a military discount

SgroiRoy

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco & 2006 Ranger Sport Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you used to be able to call method and order them with preferred offsets (at least that's what i did)
Once ford provides the complete wheel specifications (i.e. center bore), I will definitely give that a try! Thanks Max!

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fender flares flush w/ tire tread is what I’m going for. This photo is almost perfect. So this is Sas w/ small flares and 35” Goodyear Territory MTs on 30mm offset wheel.

Goodyear doesn’t have the tread width listed on there site(section width is not the samething). Tirerack says they are 9.2” tread width. Not sure I believe that number. Need someone to measure.

Anyway I only want to run a 33” on a base bronco, most likely BFG KO2s. The 285/70r17s are listed at 9.3” tread width. That would make them be almost identical to the photo(.05 inch further out) on a 30mm offset wheel. That’s if tirerack’s width is correct.

Side note: Seems strange that BFGs 33s would be wider than the Goodyear 35s which is why I question tireracks listed specs.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fender flares flush w/ tire tread is what I’m going for. This photo is almost perfect. So this is Sas w/ small flares and 35” Goodyear Territory MTs on 30mm offset wheel.

Goodyear doesn’t have the tread width listed on there site(section width is not the samething). Tirerack says they are 9.2” tread width. Not sure I believe that number. Need someone to measure.

Anyway I only want to run a 33” on a base bronco, most likely BFG KO2s. The 285/70r17s are listed at 9.3” tread width. That would make them be almost identical to the photo(.05 inch further out) on a 30mm offset wheel. That’s if tirerack’s width is correct.

Side note: Seems strange that BFGs 33s would be wider than the Goodyear 35s which is why I question tireracks listed specs.
33" KO2's will not look like this on a +30

https://goodyearconsumer.brandmuscl...f/march21/Wrangler Territory One Pager v1.pdf

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last edited:

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok…he he he. Feeling a wee bit ignorant here. 🤓

Any recommendations / comments about a source for high quality lug nuts? Looks like these use tuner / splined lugs.

Last several sets of wheels I’ve bought offered lugs to match.

I ordered a set of these wheels, call it a impulse buy because I still don’t have a VIN. Haaa!!

(7am 2nd day Res, 2D BadSquatch, 2.7, tow package…. So yeah.)

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I missed the Early Bird promo :(

Any chance of another offer? Our OBX is being built next week and not sure I want to cruise around on the stock wheels and tires for any longer than I have to.

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty much without exception, OEM wheels are hub-centric. Guaranteed, ALL of the OEM wheel options for the Bronco will be hub-centric. Shear loads - encountered frequently in off-road scenarios, are transferred to the strong, hub of the wheel and NOT the lugs and conical seats. Wheels that are not hub-centric are lug centric - meaning that there is not a tight fit around the hub and shear loads are now transferred to the lugs. Aftermarket manufacturers FREQUENTLY do not manufacture hub-centric rims as they want their wheel to fit as many applications as possible. I wouldn't do serious off-road driving without a hub-centric wheel. Not sure if these are or not....
Absolutely right! Smacking lug centric wheels leads to a tire balancing nightmare. Plastic spacers are useless.Offroad tires already have balancing issues, add a bent lug and you are chasing your tail.

Manufacturers are just capitalizing on using over-sized hub bores to cover more vehicles without making multiple hub sizes. Most buyers are doing it for aesthetics only and ignore durability, and may never actually need it.
Sponsored