First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For me, the Bronco appears to strike the perfect balance between rugged and sophisticated. That is an exceedingly difficult balance to achieve, so kudos to the Ford design and engineering teams. For many of us, we live a life of duties and responsibilities with muted opportunities for adventure. Something as simple as driving down a muddy dirt road to watch a sunrise with the big sloppy dog might seem out of reach in the family sedan. Although my off-road experience is limited to the median strip on the interstate, I feel a strong desire to expand my skill set at my pace. The Bronco would seem to be extending the invitation. At the same time, I feel a sense of sophistication with the Bronco. Maybe it could be the vehicle of choice for a date night. The purchase of a Bronco could be my best achievement in this dreadful pandemic year. If I am extra lucky, 2021 will be a year when I begin creating memories with my Bronco worthy of sharing with my grandson. Thoughts?
Sponsored

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For me, the Bronco appears to strike the perfect balance between rugged and sophisticated. That is an exceedingly difficult balance to achieve, so kudos to the Ford design and engineering teams. For many of us, we live a life of duties and responsibilities with muted opportunities for adventure. Something as simple as driving down a muddy dirt road to watch a sunrise with the big sloppy dog might seem out of reach in the family sedan. Although my off-road experience is limited to the median strip on the interstate, I feel a strong desire to expand my skill set at my pace. The Bronco would seem to be extending the invitation. At the same time, I feel a sense of sophistication with the Bronco. Maybe it could be the vehicle of choice for a date night. The purchase of a Bronco could be my best achievement in this dreadful pandemic year. If I am extra lucky, 2021 will be a year when I begin creating memories with my Bronco worthy of sharing with my grandson. Thoughts?
The Bronco appears to be an emotional experiential vehicle. It is not a optimal vehicle for commuting or gas mileage or ease/comfort or cost of ownership... but the hope is it will give us some awesome memories...and the value of those memories will exceed the negative of those other factors.

Last edited:
OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Bronco appears to be an emotional experiential car. It is not a optimal vehicle for commuting or gas mileage or ease/comfort or cost of ownership... but the hope is it will give us some awesome memories...and the value of those memories will exceed the negative of those other factors.
Wow! I am surprised you found this old thread. It is not nearly as interesting as jerry cans!

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really feel this OP. This whole pandemic thing coupled with losing parents and feeling the years a little deeper has made me really think about how I want to spend my time.

When I was a kid my dad had an old VW camper and we had the time of our lives in that thing. We saw some beautiful parts of California in it. My dad was the kind of guy that could make going to the grocery store an adventure. So those camping trips were magical.

I want that feeling back. The husband and I are so ready to get this thing and get out into the world with it. I’ve always dreamed of doing the national parks and getting back to camping. It is time to trade in the BMW and cushy hotel life.

It isn’t so much a new car to me as it is a push to get out there and explore. I know that may elicit an eye roll in some, but I’m going to take the inspiration and run with it.

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Bronco appears to be an emotional experiential car. It is not a optimal vehicle for commuting or gas mileage or ease/comfort or cost of ownership... but the hope is it will give us some awesome memories...and the value of those memories will exceed the negative of those other factors.
+1 this is the exact reason I bought a Rubicon 7 years back and never looked back even though it is not a great vehicle on road. I am hoping Bronco will be a better vehicle on-road, comparable to Jeep off-road and will create awesome memories and get me to places shown below.

Ford Bronco Rugged and Sophisticated DSS_5516.JPG

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fozTx74LjQ4kXN4A9

Sponsored

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Honda Accord, 18’ Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

+1 this is the exact reason I bought a Rubicon 7 years back and never looked back even though it is not a great vehicle on road. I am hoping Bronco will be a better vehicle on-road, comparable to Jeep off-road and will create awesome memories and get me to places shown below.

I feel all of this. Moved to a new state and now i want to see all it has to offer. I want to show my kids the beauty that exists in nature and that might be difficult in a 4 door sedan. Hoping to see many places like this next year when the bronco is in our possession.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you say "emotional experimental car" what do you mean?

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Although my off-road experience is limited to the median strip on the interstate,
? i'll be honest, when i'm sitting in houston traffic, i daydream about being in my bronco and hopping the curb to cut across the vacant lots and drainage ditches that line feeder roads

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I sense buying a Bronco will be much more than acquiring a new vehicle. It could be a lifestyle changing event for those of us who are ready to accept the invitation. I no longer see value in flights to vacation spots. This great country of ours has wonderful places to explore and create lasting memories. Perhaps Bronco6g members will share their memories as they live their adventures. My "emotional and experiential vehicle".

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cool thread. When I bought my M2 two and half years ago, I thought that would be my last new car purchase. I regretted trading in my Jeep Wrangler for a Kia Soul to make room for the M2. I love the M2, just wish I had kept the Jeep.

I knew there was a new Bronco coming out, but had lost track when; so all this took me by surprise. I had always planned to get another Jeep, but after seeing the Bronco that pretty much changed my direction. At one time I had a Focus RS & Jeep Wrangler. Other than really wanting an M2 (which is a long story in itself) I was pretty happy with both vehicles.

I'm going to love having a Bronco, along with my M2.

Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you considered the 4runner?

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would like to believe many members now see a light at the end of the tunnel. For me, that moment came when I saw the Moab videos.

We all want to make an informed decision as we ready ourselves for the Build/Price. That requires detailed analysis and an understanding of our options.

At some point many of us complete that phase and say to ourselves, “OMG, I am going to be a Bronco owner”! Now what do I do? Easy answer. Live the dream and create lasting memories.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Where is that picture taken? Very beautiful.

DennisMurray

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really was planning to hate on the Bronco at the release, as I had for the duration of the hype period.

I’ve been casually shopping for a used Land Cruiser (100 series) or Lexus GX for years to do a mild build and be able to get into the back country. I hike, I backpack and the idea of driving trails in the Colorado mountains has been a goal for awhile.

After the premier I was impressed with the build out they had done to give a trail ready truck in a lot of trims, with features that had been part of my build plans (armor and lockers) not to mention an aesthetically pleasing truck that brings some qualities of other vehicles I’ve admired for a long time (like the Defender).

I joked on twitter that Ford has designed a mid life crisis truck in a year of a pandemic, I’m 43 and wishing I was outdoors more. Maybe perfect timing on many counts.
Sponsored