Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Picked up my 4dr wildtrak on Thursday 3/3 and today I noticed the same issue! Has anybody gotten an answer from the dealership yet?
I picked mine up on 3/4. Asked the dealership to order replacements before signing the paperwork. They said they can't get just the bolts. They need to order the entire trail sight assembly. I bet that requirements changes soon.

I took my screws out when I got home, sprayed them with rust remover, scrubbed with brass wire brush, and coated them with Fluid Film. They'll look fine until the replacements arrive.

Moyer22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Picked up my 4dr wildtrak on Thursday 3/3 and today I noticed the same issue! Has anybody gotten an answer from the dealership yet?

C5E69EDA-2353-4872-9E9F-1CCEB899B8F2.jpeg
Took mine into the dealership today and they said they have to order the whole part (new trail sights) and will call when it comes in.

Keatonknose

Wildtrak
First Name
Keaton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet cruze
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went to the dealership on Friday and spoke to my service department. He said that since it’s rust he can’t warranty it out. He said it’s considered wear and tear. But after enough arguing, I got him to submit a claim to ford to warranty the replacements. So we will see.

Last edited:

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine were doing the same, rusted at pickup. It wasn't worth the gas to drive back to the dealer.. I ended up sandblasting mine and putting them in with a batch of powder coating I did over the weekend.

It won't take much to rattle-can them as well. If you go to the hardware store, good luck finding a flush-mount hex stamped 'bronco' :)

bolts.jpg

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hello! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to see how I can assist you on my end.
Every Bronco that has come into Ford of Bellevue (Washington State) has had rusting trail sight bolts, including the 3 on their lot right now.

Ship off a gross of replacement bolts to them. Please and thank you.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah those don't look coated
Ford Bronco Rusting accessory bolts F6B341BD-8C20-49BD-8A91-3500153A8ED9

Here’s mine. They definitely are not coated. This is a week after delivery.

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2 year old JL wrangler 2 door soft top, with plenty off these bolts. It sits outside in the snow/salt all winter. No rust, it has never leaked, the floor heat will cook the front and rear passengers feet, that’s right 2 door with heat that exists and works in the back. The heated steering wheel is very warm and never shuts off. The bronco really is a piece of shit! Most likely going to abandon mine when it shows up.
Mine has been outside in -20 temps with 30+MPH winds and it starts like a champ and has little wind noise through the hard top, no rusting of bolts, my floor heat is fine, the heated seats work too well and my heated steering wheel warms up to a perfect temp. You sure cry a lot about a vehicle you don't even own yet. Maybe you should stick to a Jeep since it's served you so well.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to see how I can assist you on my end.
@Ford Motor Company this isn't a one person issue. Picked up from the dealership on Tuesday 3/15.

Ford Bronco Rusting accessory bolts 1647554544989

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Went to the dealership on Friday and spoke to my service department. He said that since it’s rust he can’t warranty it out. He said it’s considered wear and tear. But after enough arguing, I got him to submit a claim to ford to warranty the replacements. So we will see.
Wear and tear? Seriously?!?! It's not like you are taking those bolts out on a regular basis. They don't touch anything....they just sit there. I wouldn't trust that dealership to service any of my vehicles.

Sponsored

Whinney 2112

Badlands
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company
Took delivery on Wednesday 3/16 at Chapman Ford EHT NJ... my bolts were rusty too. They said they are all coming in like that! Please replace them.

Zanmato

Black Diamond
First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 supra/18 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Ford Motor Company
I think it's an everywhere issue. I'm picking mine up tomorrow and I checked it out today. Sight bolts had rust on them

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer called today saying my Bronco arrived at the dealership. He also said those bolts on the trail sights were rusted and has already ordered replacements.