Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiat 500 Abarth and 2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wanted to submits a safety request on the ford site, but the site is broken. Does anyone knows or hear anything about ford doing a software update that involve with the blindspot on our bronco? I was hoping ford will incorporate the 360 cameras to work with our turn signal by viewing our blind spot on the screen with out the need of aftermarket add on. Like some cars have in the market.
Sponsored

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As I recall driving one with the High package, I don't think the 360 camera range goes that far out. So maybe see something closer in but I'm not sure it would work on the road where you need to see farther away.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regardless of how many cameras are on my vehicle, I still use only the mirrors to back up, or change lanes. I donā€™t even realize the cameras exist, except when trying to hook up a trailer. Luckily, I will be long gone once the government mandates all vehicles be self driving. What a crummy existence that will be. Except for those who routinely get hammered.

Sponsored

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted to submits a safety request on the ford site, but the site is broken. Does anyone knows or hear anything about ford doing a software update that involve with the blindspot on our bronco? I was hoping ford will incorporate the 360 cameras to work with our turn signal by viewing our blind spot on the screen with out the need of aftermarket add on. Like some cars have in the market.
Ours has a blind spot indicator in the side mirrors. ( Lux) HOWEVER! If youā€™re a habitual over-the -shoulder-checker, that pillar over the driverā€˜s left shoulder is a bit of an obstacle, Iā€™ll agree.

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regardless of how many cameras are on my vehicle, I still use only the mirrors to back up, or change lanes. I donā€™t even realize the cameras exist, except when trying to hook up a trailer. Luckily, I will be long gone once the government mandates all vehicles be self driving. What a crummy existence that will be. Except for those who routinely get hammered.
The can pry my steering wheel out if my cold, dead hands. <wanders away muttering obscenities about ā€œmandatesā€>

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you set your mirrors in the right spot you can see your blind spot. For the left mirror place you head aganst the window and adjust the mirror until you see the back corner of your vehicle. For the right mirror lean over the console and do the same. With your mirrors adjusted this way when the vehicle in the lane next to you leaves the FOV of the rearview mirror it will enter the FOV of the side mirror. it will typicaly leave the FOV for the mirror right at your front door.

OP
OP
First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiat 500 Abarth and 2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I appreciate all of your input and they are great and valuable. Some is already known with that technique. Yes it may not be much of a safety touch but a cool feature. My 2017 F250 crew cab Lariat was a game changer for me with the truck mirrors, I also drive a 2016 Fiat 500 Abarth the car is small enough I can see everything. Before receiving the Bronco badland lux sas I was hoping to have a similar feel of the 2021 ranger STX with the mirrors and size. But fill that the mirror could gone better. I am not asking to change or say they did a horrible job. I love my BL and I know beggers can't be chooser, but figure it's a cool touch.

This clip is what got me wondering and I would like to avoid putting dome mirrors on the bronco.

Wish you all Happy Holidays
Sponsored