Inmtns

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have read about all of the safety features, but can't find any information about how safe the new Bronco really is. What are your thoughts? Do you think the new bronco will be a safe vehicle to drive on the highway? Do you think the removable doors and roof will be a safety hazard in a roll over?
My wife's 4runner is ready for replacement and she has the bronco in her sites. She will mostly be using it as a daily commuter.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm quite sure, with the competition out there, that Ford would/will do everything they can to make sure the Bronco crash test are acceptable. But we really won't know until the NHSA has a chance to do their test. With that said we have to realize that the Bronco is a "top" heavy vehicle like the Jeep, and will have the propensity to roll over in certain types of crashes. That's just the nature of the beast.

And yes, any crash with the top and doors removed can increase the chance of bodily injury. In my career as a LEO I've investigated many accidents, and there are a lot variables to consider in the equation with any type vehicle.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The risk will be having fun with doors and top off. The hazard will be getting rained on. :)

Seriously though, unless planning to take the top off and make use of the off-road capabilities, she might be better off with a vehicle designed to excel on the pavement. At least a Bronco Sport model - or other vehicle designed for pavement and commuting.
Sponsored