Sponsored

SAS ride quality on interstate highways?

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not yet. I always forget to fix it while I am at the shop doing routine stuff. I always remember when my back starts to hurt... gotta get it done at home one evening. I just googled seat jackers. Never knew they existed. THANKS!!!!!
This is the route I went. They allow you to raise a little, or a lot. The smaller shim was enough for my liking.
Sponsored

OF Hero

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
SAS is fine on the highway as far as road manners go, but I will admit I was a bit surprised at first at how hard the truck crashes over larger freeway imperfections, uneven surfaces, etc. I have a Wildtrak too, with the HOSS 3.0. It is a bit better after I switched out the stock Goodyears for Toyo RT Trails (D rated vs C...I prefer the slightly stiffer tire).

Is this everyone else's experience too?

ChaseG

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To each their own. I think the seats are very comfortable.

I'm 6'2" 200 lbs.

I came from a Lexus GX 460 which is extremely comfortable.

I've owned many Volvos, which have the best seats in the industry.
I'm curious, I see both the replies above own Black Diamond and Big Bend. You appear to have Outer Banks and I have Outer Banks. I LOVE the seats and my wife says it's the first vehicle I have that she could ride across country in. It's weird to me to hear people saying they suck.

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Does the SAS package make interstate driving a issue? Im between a Lux outerbanks without OR without SAS.

It will be a mall crawler so i figure the stock outerbanks wheels would be better but the wife and i both really like
the look of the SAS package and id like to have the 4A for her convenience.
My 2-door Heritage with SAS is relatively quiet (tires, hardtop, ect.). Highway ride is smooth, despite the slightly shorter wheelbase. No steering wander whatsoever. A pleasant driving experience would describe it.
Seating is comfortable (I can't speak for the lower trim levels).

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As previously mentioned the the seat suck bad. Sas is fine on the highway as long as you run the correct tire pressure. I run 30 psi in front and 26 psi in back. No idea where or why Ford recommends the stupid high pressures that they do.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As previously mentioned the the seat suck bad. Sas is fine on the highway as long as you run the correct tire pressure. I run 30 psi in front and 26 psi in back. No idea where or why Ford recommends the stupid high pressures that they do.
I assume because you get better gas mileage, so it makes it look a little better for them.

OP
OP
DemonGT

DemonGT

Heritage
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Gas mileage isn't so much a concern, our Sport has never impressed me with its MPG.

One of my concerns is the gearing, the SAS says it has 4.7 gears? Being involved with Mustangs 3.73 was pretty standard so wouldn't a 4.7 make your RPM's crazy high on the interstate? Maybe im not understanding it correctly?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gas mileage isn't so much a concern, our Sport has never impressed me with its MPG.
For Ford it is; they have to show their fleet hits certain gas mpg standards. So their advice follows the requirements to make those gas mpg standards. You are of course able to put the psi at whatever you choose once you own it.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One of my concerns is the gearing, the SAS says it has 4.7 gears? Being involved with Mustangs 3.73 was pretty standard so wouldn't a 4.7 make your RPM's crazy high on the interstate? Maybe im not understanding it correctly?
The larger diameter of the tires makes up some of the difference in the gearing.
For example, going from a 32" diameter tire to a 35 is a 10% increase.
Going from a 3.73 to a 4.7 rear is a 26% increase, so the real difference between the gear/tire combo is about 16%.

Looking at it another way, going with the optional 4.27 gear of the locking rear is about a 14.5% difference from the base 3.73, using the 32" tires in both setups.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DemonGT

DemonGT

Heritage
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
That makes more sense now with the gearing when factoring in the different tire size.

Has anyone gotten the 4.27 gears over the 4.7? What is the main advantage of each? Not sure why there charging more for the 4.27?

LastEdition

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport FE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sasquatch is really good on the highway. Smooth ride and tracks arrow straight, even in a 2 door. Just drop the tire pressure from the recommended (ridiculously high) 39psi to 35psi and you'll be good to go.
This is 100% great advice.

Makes a huge difference in comfort level of SAS on a 2 Door.
Bizarre, but Ford‘s factory recommended tire pressure on my 2023 F150 Tremor is 35PSI.
I run the Bronco at 35 and the F150 at 39.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 4.27 includes the locking rear, hence the higher cost. That's more of an advantage for off-road use.

Or if you plan on non-SAS and upgrading to 35" tires, the 4.27 gearing helps make up the difference of the larger dia tires.

The SAS suspension is a little softer, the stock is more firm. SAS soaks up the little bumps better. The downside is the body moves around a little more, such as when braking you'll feel move 'dive', or going around turns it will lean a little more.
Sponsored