Sponsored

Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s because Ford doesn’t want to sell us the Filson bronco with roof rack, 4doors and Sasquatch package, even though 2 street legal ones of that spec will be donated. :cool:
Sponsored

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2EAD20FF-619E-4AC3-8A31-9709D59F2E9C.jpeg

Also it’s not just a B&P error. We’ve literally known this since reveal day.(This spec sheet was released by Ford on reveal night) So yes we don’t know for sure it’s due to GVWR, but all the evidence points that way.
This also doesn’t specify between 2.3 vs 2.7. I think it catches off guard because the rack IS offered for the 4dr BL, but only with the 2.3. Still gonna wait till Ford says something or B&P changes.
Ford Bronco Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket 1603681909414

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Alright. For everyone who is worried about this, STOP.

It's not a problem. Maybe Ford will come out and tell us it's a mistake. Maybe they won't and you'll have to install the roof rack yourself. Big whoop.

You guys know what Jeeps official stance on roof racks is? Here's a screenshot of the Jeep JL user guide.

Ford Bronco Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket Screenshot_20201025-190136_Drive

Jeeps official stance is that it cannot carry ANY additional load. Period.

Has that ever stopped any Jeep owner ever??

And here we are with 14 different threads about how some specific models of Bronco won't be able to show up with the rails already installed from the factory, with the cost rolled into the financing.

But Ford showed us Broncos with tents.
They showed us some damn nice interiors to that we aren't getting.

And last year Jeep showed up to EJS with these but I'm pretty sure they won't ship one to your local dealer complete with matching dirt bikes.

Ford Bronco Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket jeep-gladiator-flatbill-concept_100697077
Ford Bronco Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket Jeep-Concepts-Kendall-Dodge-1024x469

Last edited:

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What......?
Ford lawyers possibly advised it would be a problem if Broncos with big wide mud terrain tires that also have a lot of weight either high, or up front start spinning and/or rolling over, especially when we sold them the tires, tent, and heavy engine.

Sponsored

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford lawyers possibly advised it would be a problem if Broncos with big wide mud terrain tires that also have a lot of weight either high, or up front start spinning and/or rolling over, especially when we sold them the tires, tent, and heavy engine.
So... definitely not engineers just doing their jobs.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket Jeep-Concepts-Kendall-Dodge-1024x469

Also it’s not just a B&P error. We’ve literally known this since reveal day.(This spec sheet was released by Ford on reveal night) So yes we don’t know for sure it’s due to GVWR, but all the evidence points that way.
This and the GVWR info, this has got to put this to rest now.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please, this has not been verified.

Yes I know someone said they talked to a dealer / heard from a dealer but every single other thread prior to BNP release of anyone ’talking to a dealer’ has been wrong, way off or full of mis-information, and there s some vague language about GVWR in the FAQs.

But, until it’s officially verified in a real communication/email from Ford that this exactly WHY we cannot get a rack on a Sas/2.7, it’s just a rumor. This may be the reason or it may be another reason but let’s wait til we hear before everyone saying this IS the reason. I reserve the right to accept that GVWR is the reason but again, I won’t accept it until it’s verified.

Hoping it’s a BNP bug/error.
It’s the GVWR. ;)

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This... undercuts that there are engineers that want to make good, safe, and exciting vehicles. They're all just mindless beancounters.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s the GVWR. ;)
You may be right, but not buying it just yet. Trust but verify?

And I mean specifically I’d love to hear ford say “you know what guys, you can’t have us install you a roof rack On a Sas or with a 2.7 because it would take the Bronco over allowable/safe GVWR”. Until that, we are assuming.

I did not mean to start another thread of this, I’m fine with mods to close this.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may be right, but not buying it just yet. Trust but verify?

And I mean specifically I’d love to hear ford say “you know what guys, you can’t have us install you a roof rack On a Sas or with a 2.7 because it would take the Bronco over allowable/safe GVWR”. Until that, we are assuming.

I did not mean to start another thread of this, I’m fine with mods to close this.
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/

Product FAQs

Why do certain models prohibit some accessories?
We have a Bronco for every customer. Many Bronco accessory items can be added during or after vehicle delivery at the dealer. We engineered Bronco for maximum off-road capability and GVWR restrictions may limit combinations of certain accessories.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whatever the reason, it’s just odd that a couple of weeks after they make a big deal on the overland concept they turn around and tell us we can can’t build one like that.
It's a concept. Concepts are made all the time that you can't get. Ever seen Jeep's Safari concepts? Are you also upset they aren't offering the 50 gallon tank and high pressure water pump?
There's going to be a huge aftermarket for everyone to build these however they want.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
government regulation and nothing more

ford screwed up with the "we should sell accessories" thing since many things people want are too heavy to roll off the factory

you will be able to put whatever you want on your car when you get it
Sponsored