First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Assuming I add a lift...then I should be good?
With the cost of the lift, new tires and wheels, you're probably fairly close to the cost of the Sasquatch package, but it's not covered under warranty.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Assuming I add a lift...then I should be good?
Well yeah you should be good. Just don't expect a lift to be cheap for IFS. I haven't installed lifts since my old FSB's (TTB). You could get those anywhere from $500 all the way up to $2k. I've heard IFS lifts are considerably more.

Compare that to a Jeep, you can get a spacer lift for about $200 bucks if all you want is larger tires.

So at that point, you're gaining more by just going Sasquatch. You get both lockers, the 4.70 gears and the tires for $5k. Whereas aftermarket figure on about $3k +/- for tires and wheels. And you don't get the front locker or gears, not sure what those prices are. Other than I asked about changing diff's in wife's '17 Jeep (go from 3.21 I think, to like 4.10's just to throw out there), got a rough quote of $2700. So by then, just go Squatch.

OP
OP
Booker34

Booker34

Badlands
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure you can. But if it were me, I'd stick with the 255 width. I like 255mm much.
I am not an expert here, thus the basic questions... Assuming, lift added/add flares after/I would be able to put some 35's on, correct? is the Sasquatch package lifted as well?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am not an expert here, thus the basic questions... Assuming, lift added/add flares after/I would be able to put some 35's on, correct? is the Sasquatch package lifted as well?
Pssst... look Here

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No more questions man. Just stay stock and enjoy your rig, or buy 255/80/17 or 275/80/17 tires and drive it. No more talking.

OP
OP
Booker34

Booker34

Badlands
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No more questions man. Just stay stock and enjoy your rig, or buy 255/80/17 or 275/80/17 tires and drive it. No more talking.
One last question... Am I cool to drive around with the top/doors removed and scream "Hell Yeah!!!!" while cruising down the road? :)

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only problem with that theory..... Base doesn't have Race Red 🤯

But yeah, Sas Base is a cheaper way to go for sure.
More red paint for you then. Just ignore the overspray of Cyber Orange. It isn't very much and it won't be noticeable (when you're in the house - looking the other way).

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll add my question here too. Getting a OBX. It will be my wife's daily driver. We spend about 35 weekends a year in the mountains on dirt roads that range from super washboard, to deep ruts, to small streams and washouts. Don't think I'll ever do rock climbing in it. I'm disabled and am worried about climbing into a Sas. My daily driver is a F150 with 31's.
What suspension is best for my type of usage?
What if I got the Sas and then traded the 35's down to 33's?
Thanks for your suggestions.
Base squatch, not rock crawling, so I'll be getting running boards, thinking of going old school aluminum diamond plate if I can find them. Should help with entrance for my wife...

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the ultimate advice is to not settle below what you want re: engine and powertrain because those are the things you are not realistically ever going to change aftermarket. Those options will hold their value better as well (but don't look at cars as a financial investment).

If you're happy without the sasquatch package and don't intend to drive off-road more don't overthink it.
This is exactly what my wife and i did when we built ours. We settled on BD with the 2.7 and 4A. there wasn't enough room to do that and squach. It would be fun for sure, but i can also change suspension later, not the motor or transfer case. So, that dictated the build. We're gonna explore with the BD the way we built it and then see if it needs anything else suspension wise as we go.

RealStepcs

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After making all kinds of pricing spread sheets I decided on the Big Bend, Auto, V6 and with Sasquatch. I figured the Sasquatch was either + $5,800 or + $5,000 depending on how you do math. Because basically you must start with Advanced 4wd aka Rear Diff Lock for $800 then the Sasquatch for + $5,000. Comparing that to Big Bend standard when you add wheels and tires you will likely spend about $2,000 or more there... and have to deal with it. Then Sasquatch adds Front Diff Lock along with upgraded front axle and shocks. All in it was a close call but I am very happy with going Big Bend Sasquatch.

But if all else fails, I also ordered a 2 door Base no options except Automatic. Planning on adding some better wheels and some mud grips. That will probably end up being the best deal of all.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll add my question here too. Getting a OBX. It will be my wife's daily driver. We spend about 35 weekends a year in the mountains on dirt roads that range from super washboard, to deep ruts, to small streams and washouts. Don't think I'll ever do rock climbing in it. I'm disabled and am worried about climbing into a Sas. My daily driver is a F150 with 31's.
What suspension is best for my type of usage?
What if I got the Sas and then traded the 35's down to 33's?
Thanks for your suggestions.
Base,

Everything else is want not need for what you described on suspension in my opinion. If your Daily has 31's, sounds like it is working for you, so why would you need more?

Aside from the Rock guys (tiny minority), you don't need a locker. Tons of guys will come in and say you do, or better to have than not have, but I would say, being smart about where you go, far outweighs what you have. Vast majority of 4wd's don't have them, guys have been hunting, fishing, camping and exploring do just fine without them. If you are going to go to some "4wd park" or intentionally looking for very challenging terrain, then I guess Sasquatch is the choice.
Sponsored