C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going with the Big Bend build, and like the look of Sasquatch, but do not need all the extras. Am I safe to assume I can add some 35’s/wheels/and come close to the look. I’ll watch the aftermarket to get adjusted Fender Flares... this Bronco will be driven in the city, with a country road as the most aggressive off roading. Thoughts?
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am going with the Big Bend build, and like the look of Sasquatch, but do not need all the extras. Am I safe to assume I can add some 35’s/wheels/and come close to the look. I’ll watch the aftermarket to get adjusted Fender Flares... this Bronco will be driven in the city, with a country road as the most aggressive off roading. Thoughts?
Probably not without a lift.

But you should be able to add 33's (285's) with new wheels and be ok. That'll get you a pretty good look with the tires and still not require the lift (most likely anyways).

Edit: And yes, that was my build until I just said screw it and went Squatch. Wasn't in the mood to deal with the hassle of finding wheels by the time my Bronco arrived. Then again, by that time, should be plenty of options with wheels.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In theory yes tho you will most likely need to raise the suspension. BB wheels probably won't work with the 315 squatch size tire but can probably go to a 285/75 (virtually as tall as the 315 squatch but narrower) or go with a proper offset rim to stick with the 315s.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Rear lockers are a non-negotiable must have IMO for any 4wd vehicle, but you can get that with the Big Bend.

As for tires I've never priced them myself, but I've seen comments that 33" tires are much cheaper than 35s

Not a bad compromise.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure you can. But if it were me, I'd stick with the 255 width. I like 255mm much.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Rear lockers are a non-negotiable must have IMO for any 4wd vehicle, but you can get that with the Big Bend.

As for tires I've never priced them myself, but I've seen comments that 33" tires are much cheaper than 35s

Not a bad compromise.
Depends on the tire. I could easily spend more on a 33" over a 35" tire, assuming they are different tires. But figure on around the $300 range for 35's and probably mid-$200's for the 33's.
Scratch those numbers, just did a quick search and seeing more mid-200s for 35's, and low 200's for 33's. Yeah it's been awhile since I had to buy big tires.. my bad 🤷‍♂️ Edit #2: Scratch all that.... depends on wheel size as well... big tires = Google it... I'm too slow to get a good number in here!! Probably closer to my original numbers based on 17" wheel.

And yes some people do love rear lockers, but the majority could probably get away without them. But to that point, if the BB build is auto trans, I'd opt for the 4.27 rear locker just for the gears to spin the 33's or 35's.

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford rep at Supercel last year told me you can add 33s to stock BB but not 35s. After attending we decided to switch to a BD with Sasquatch...man I should have stayed home.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm non Sas BB because I really don't want those wide 35's. That said If you want 35's go Sas. A Sas Base is the same money as a non Sas BB

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm non Sas BB because I really don't want those wide 35's. That said If you want 35's go Sas. A Sas Base is the same money as a non Sas BB
Only problem with that theory..... Base doesn't have Race Red 🤯

But yeah, Sas Base is a cheaper way to go for sure.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think the ultimate advice is to not settle below what you want re: engine and powertrain because those are the things you are not realistically ever going to change aftermarket. Those options will hold their value better as well (but don't look at cars as a financial investment).

If you're happy without the sasquatch package and don't intend to drive off-road more don't overthink it.

Sponsored

MTNLUV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2024 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll add my question here too. Getting a OBX. It will be my wife's daily driver. We spend about 35 weekends a year in the mountains on dirt roads that range from super washboard, to deep ruts, to small streams and washouts. Don't think I'll ever do rock climbing in it. I'm disabled and am worried about climbing into a Sas. My daily driver is a F150 with 31's.
What suspension is best for my type of usage?
What if I got the Sas and then traded the 35's down to 33's?
Thanks for your suggestions.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends on the tire. I could easily spend more on a 33" over a 35" tire, assuming they are different tires. But figure on around the $300 range for 35's and probably mid-$200's for the 33's.
Scratch those numbers, just did a quick search and seeing more mid-200s for 35's, and low 200's for 33's. Yeah it's been awhile since I had to buy big tires.. my bad 🤷‍♂️ Edit #2: Scratch all that.... depends on wheel size as well... big tires = Google it... I'm too slow to get a good number in here!! Probably closer to my original numbers based on 17" wheel.

And yes some people do love rear lockers, but the majority could probably get away without them. But to that point, if the BB build is auto trans, I'd opt for the 4.27 rear locker just for the gears to spin the 33's or 35's.
Watch the larger tire retailers for holiday sales, Memorial/Labor Day sales and such. I bought Cooper AT 32" tires for around $80 each on a Memorial Day sale, stacking a manufacturer and retailer rebate. Getting low cost tires is very much about having some room to wait and jumping on a sale.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look for DayStar to have some small lift to use 35s on-road and on mild unimproved roads.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll add my question here too. Getting a OBX. It will be my wife's daily driver. We spend about 35 weekends a year in the mountains on dirt roads that range from super washboard, to deep ruts, to small streams and washouts. Don't think I'll ever do rock climbing in it. I'm disabled and am worried about climbing into a Sas. My daily driver is a F150 with 31's.
What suspension is best for my type of usage?
What if I got the Sas and then traded the 35's down to 33's?
Thanks for your suggestions.
You could probably be ok with the OBX and just upgrade the tires to more aggressive all terrain 33's. Going up to the 35's only gains you an extra inch of clearance below. Gotta remember, ground clearance is defined by the size of the tire, not the size of the lift. So having the squatch package would really only make it more difficult for you to get in it. Which we still don't know exactly how much lift is involved.

OP
OP
Booker34

Booker34

Badlands
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But you should be able to add 33's (285's) with new wheels and be ok. That'll get you a pretty good look with the tires and still not require the lift (most likely anyways).

Edit: And yes, that was my build until I just said screw it and went Squatch. Wasn't in the mood to deal with the hassle of finding wheels by the time my Bronco arrived. Then again, by that time, should be plenty of options with wheels.

Assuming I add a lift...then I should be good?
Sponsored