Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a BB non sasquatch that I’ve enjoyed upgrading and tinkering with. I’ve never really had intentions of upgrading the shocks but I’m curious if Sasquatch take offs would be a good or bad idea. My main reason for doing it would be learning and trying something new. I have no knowledge on if it is a good idea or what to consider. I am always on FB marketplace and Craigslist looking for Bronco takeoff stuff to upgrade my rig and these Sasquatch shocks have been out there for over a month. Just had me curious if I should learn how to install them and upgrade my BB.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch Shock Take Offs? IMG_5733

Good idea or bad idea? What should I consider? Anyone else done this?
Sponsored

Reactions: LCW

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is your rig lifted?

OP
OP
Tdub0527

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not. I have 33” KO2s and BD Steelies take offs for my wheels as well.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is a stiff price for takeoffs, even with such low mileage.

Installation is not exactly a DYI affair for those withoit proper tools, facilities, and experience. The torque on the rear bolts is, if I recall correctly, 350 ft-lbs. The rear bolts are supposedly not reusable.

You will get about 1.5 inches of lift from them, and a stiffer asphalt ride relative to the Hitschis.

Lots of videos on YT to get a sense of what is involved. A shop will charge you on the order of $500-$700 to install. Alignment may or may not be included.

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought a set off fb market, still need to get with my brother to install them (he’s a mechanic with all the needed tools). I don’t plan on running tires over 33” so just wanted another 1” or so of lift since base ground clearance is a bit lowish for mid-level trails I ride sometimes. Asked the dealership what they’d charge me out of curiosity - they quoted me $1100 plus still would need to pay for an alignment…. Uhhhh no lol

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure but the upper control arms might be different. They are a pretty good shock, but the springs can be a little wallowy & dive if not preloaded with a perch collar which results in more lift. Also there are different springs rates for the 2-door, 4-door 2.3 & 2.7.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Controls arms are the same, if your donor shocks are from the same spec Bronco, your lift should be 1.1".

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm taking my Hoss 2.0 bilsteins off next tuesday - 5k miles. I have both Dobinson springs and stock SAS springs as well.... make me an offer.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought a set off fb market, still need to get with my brother to install them (he’s a mechanic with all the needed tools). I don’t plan on running tires over 33” so just wanted another 1” or so of lift since base ground clearance is a bit lowish for mid-level trails I ride sometimes. Asked the dealership what they’d charge me out of curiosity - they quoted me $1100 plus still would need to pay for an alignment…. Uhhhh no lol
I would avoid dealerships for this. 4WP quoted me around $800 which did not include alignment. A well regarded local 4x4 shop in San Diego (Checkered Automotive) quoted me $700 including alignment. In cheaper areas of the country it should be even less.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tdub0527

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a stiff price for takeoffs, even with such low mileage.

Installation is not exactly a DYI affair for those withoit proper tools, facilities, and experience. The torque on the rear bolts is, if I recall correctly, 350 ft-lbs. The rear bolts are supposedly not reusable.

You will get about 1.5 inches of lift from them, and a stiffer asphalt ride relative to the Hitschis.

Lots of videos on YT to get a sense of what is involved. A shop will charge you on the order of $500-$700 to install. Alignment may or may not be included.
What do you think a fair price would be?

Idaho Driver

Base
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2011 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a Base and put the SAS takeoffs on mine. Lifted about 1.5" overall and no problems. Easy install, other than removing the wheel well lining in the back. That took the most work.

OP
OP
Tdub0527

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Base and put the SAS takeoffs on mine. Lifted about 1.5" overall and no problems. Easy install, other than removing the wheel well lining in the back. That took the most work.
Did you notice any difference in the ride quality? What did you pay for take offs?

Idaho Driver

Base
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2011 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you notice any difference in the ride quality? What did you pay for take offs?
Paid $200 for them and not noticible difference to me. But it sits much nicer now.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would avoid dealerships for this. 4WP quoted me around $800 which did not include alignment. A well regarded local 4x4 shop in San Diego (Checkered Automotive) quoted me $700 including alignment. In cheaper areas of the country it should be even less.
I really don’t trust anybody to be honest, but at least the dealership is on the hook for fixing their screw-ups and since these shocks are factory parts dealership work will not void the warranty. Like I was saying, I plan on doing it myself to save the money anyways, but since I still have full factory warranty in place nobody but the dealership would touch if I did have anybody else do it.
Sponsored