Sponsored

Sasquatch with factory running boards - Ford Provide a Fix!

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No drilling at all. I had to pop out the factory push rivets and put in nut plates from RekGen. I’ll scan the instructions when I get a chance so you can see what’s involved.

That said, I used my drill with a right angle attachment t and a socket adapter rather than a ratchet to install them.
Sponsored

Jeffz95

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan NV 4x4 van, 78 911, 08 Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I found a set of mud flaps on Etsy that I liked the look and affordable. Should get this week will report back when installed.

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why would you need to buy rock rails to have an option for flaps? I got the gatorback fronts for $250, they work great.
Because the factory sidesteps (at least on my OBX) extend into the front wheel opening by about the same amount as they miss going all the way back to front of rear wheel opening (2" +/-) which then requires either not mounting flaps flush with wheel opening arch or cutting holes in flaps to clear steps

OR, as I intend to investigate, moving steps rearward to where they should have been all along. I have not pulled a step off yet but presume they are hollow, which means I can drill 6 new holes in each, insert new hidden nuts and reattach (there are two bolts per bracket times 3 brackets attaching to frame)

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any pics of how you mounted these? thanks
I just used self tapping screws into the fender flare. Super easy and I didn't think it'd hold but no problems! I'll try to take a pic later for ya

Sponsored

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD Sas, 07 BMW 335i, 02 Cooper S JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this is one of the better solutions and they look nice. Would you please share some photos of the mounting points?
Here you are. It's a little hard to see from all the mud from my most recent outing, but you can see I've just used a few self drilling screws into the fender flare and the liner. Pretty sturdy, surprisingly. If and when you do it, have a second set of hands hold it straight so it's not crooked. that took me a few tries

Ford Bronco Sasquatch with factory running boards - Ford Provide a Fix! IMG_2734

Ford Bronco Sasquatch with factory running boards - Ford Provide a Fix! IMG_2733

Jeffz95

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I found a set of mud flaps on Etsy that I liked the look and affordable. Should get this week will report back when installed.
simple and easy to install, found on Etsy Bro Flaps mud flaps.
Ford Bronco Sasquatch with factory running boards - Ford Provide a Fix! 3A7807D4-A6B8-4A79-B87C-51EFA20A97E2

Ford Bronco Sasquatch with factory running boards - Ford Provide a Fix! 3A7807D4-A6B8-4A79-B87C-51EFA20A97E2

23D4F36F-C6B0-4E6E-994D-9CE0C51ECF93.jpeg

aermtr

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
broflaps.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500 CFTP, 65 Cobra and '23 Badlands 2.3 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good Jeff!

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm like why would Ford sell rear molded mud flaps that will only fit on the plastic bumper; and on what 25% of the sold Bronco's? And not even tell you which Bronco's it will only fit. FAIL Ford.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

simple and easy to install, found on Etsy Bro Flaps mud flaps.
Ford Bronco Sasquatch with factory running boards - Ford Provide a Fix! 23D4F36F-C6B0-4E6E-994D-9CE0C51ECF93

Ford Bronco Sasquatch with factory running boards - Ford Provide a Fix! 23D4F36F-C6B0-4E6E-994D-9CE0C51ECF93

Did you drill the hole in the fender liner material or flip it behind the sheet metal as it now shows in the video. Not I sure like the way it looks with the bottom piece of the liner behind the sheet metal.

Jeffz95

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you drill the hole in the fender liner material or flip it behind the sheet metal as it now shows in the video. Not I sure like the way it looks with the bottom piece of the liner behind the sheet metal.
I put behind but may change it. I like them hardly noticeable, driving down our dirt/gravel road seems much quieter.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Because the factory sidesteps (at least on my OBX) extend into the front wheel opening by about the same amount as they miss going all the way back to front of rear wheel opening (2" +/-) which then requires either not mounting flaps flush with wheel opening arch or cutting holes in flaps to clear steps
That would drive me crazy! Is it possible the mounting holes are offset and that moving them to the other side of the vehicle would fix the placement?

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here you are. It's a little hard to see from all the mud from my most recent outing, but you can see I've just used a few self drilling screws into the fender flare and the liner. Pretty sturdy, surprisingly. If and when you do it, have a second set of hands hold it straight so it's not crooked. that took me a few tries

Are these affixed with nuts behind the screws? If not, won’t the screws bore holes in the plastic over time due to vibration?
Sponsored