Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So 25 years and 300k miles? You do realize that is well outside of the manufacturers determined useful life cycle, right? And if you think turbos that spins at 200,000-250,000rpm will last 25 years you're sadly mistaken. That is unless you found the magic bushing/bearing that defines the laws of physics.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll just follow the manual and what the app says. Only exception would be if I plan a long trip somewhere and it's getting closer to the suggested interval anyway, then I'd schedule one a bit early. Even that is probably not necessary, I'm sure the 7500 Ford suggests in comfortably far away from anticipated engine damage.

Sponsored

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok after reading all of the posts, comments and replies in this thread and from the over 45 years of Mechanical background with Gasoline/Diesel engines I have owned whether used in my commercial or pleasure vehicles I have come up with an easy for me way to remember when to change my oil:

1st oil change at 2500 miles (with the recommended synthetic blend) because I think 1000 mi with the modern tolerances that these engines have is too early and 7500mi is way too long in any engine (unless your mom is driving it to the grocery store, church and back)

2nd oil change at 5000 miles (on odometer) with full synthetic

3rd oil change at 10,000 miles (on odometer) with full synthetic

and oil change every 5000 miles after that with full synthetic (every 5000 miles is easy for me to remember and I think the way I drive Hard makes total sense).

Now this is how I am going to change my oil, the oil I will use is Valvoline advanced full synthetic and a Motorcraft filter. I am aware everybody has a certain oil they like and I don't think it really matters what oil you use as long as you stick to that particular brand because every oil has different additives and switching brands back and forth (because they are on sale or whatever reason) is not good for your engine and/or especially all the seals and gaskets in and on your engine.

I currently have 3 ford engines 1-V8 5.4, 2-V10 6.8's and that is my schedule on all three they are all running great and no leaks, one of the V10's has over 100,000 miles.

One last thing yes, I do my own oil changes! and I guess now I have 4-Ford engines.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And so by the way, my dealer quoted me $89 for synth blend plus tax, and $99 for full synth plus tax, both with filters. What are your dealers charging you? Curious to see the differences. Now this could be interesting...
considering if you change your oil yourself :

7-qts of synthetic blend and filter will cost you about $59.00 plus tax and
7-qts of full synthetic with filter is about $65. plus tax (depending on which oil you use)

I think those prices are ok!

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Found this article from Edmunds, seems to make sense!

by Philip Reed, Senior Consumer Advice Editor
April 23rd, 2013
Share:
Oil chemistry and engine technology have evolved tremendously in recent years, but you'd never know it from the quick-change behavior of American car owners. Driven by an outdated 3,000-mile oil change commandment, they are unnecessarily spending millions of dollars and spilling an ocean of contaminated waste oil.
The majority of automakers today call for oil changes at either 7,500 or 10,000 miles, and the interval can go as high as 15,000 miles in some cars. Yet this wasteful cycle continues largely because the automotive service industry, while fully aware of the technological advances, continues to preach the 3,000-mile gospel as a way to keep the service bays busy. As a result, even the most cautious owners are dumping their engine oil twice as often as their service manuals recommend.

After interviews with oil experts, mechanics and automakers, one thing is clear: The 3,000-mile oil change is a myth that should be laid to rest. Failing to heed the service interval in your owner's manual wastes oil and money, while compounding the environmental impact of illicit waste-oil dumping.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found this article from Edmunds, seems to make sense!

by Philip Reed, Senior Consumer Advice Editor
April 23rd, 2013
Share:
Oil chemistry and engine technology have evolved tremendously in recent years, but you'd never know it from the quick-change behavior of American car owners. Driven by an outdated 3,000-mile oil change commandment, they are unnecessarily spending millions of dollars and spilling an ocean of contaminated waste oil.
The majority of automakers today call for oil changes at either 7,500 or 10,000 miles, and the interval can go as high as 15,000 miles in some cars. Yet this wasteful cycle continues largely because the automotive service industry, while fully aware of the technological advances, continues to preach the 3,000-mile gospel as a way to keep the service bays busy. As a result, even the most cautious owners are dumping their engine oil twice as often as their service manuals recommend.

After interviews with oil experts, mechanics and automakers, one thing is clear: The 3,000-mile oil change is a myth that should be laid to rest. Failing to heed the service interval in your owner's manual wastes oil and money, while compounding the environmental impact of illicit waste-oil dumping.
just wondering does this mean you are doing your first oil change at 7500 miles?

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You’re a cattle rancher that doesn’t change her own oil? I guess times have changed. Like back in the day when old men were valued for their experience and knowledge. Now they just tell tall tales.
Yes times have changed, we appreciate your experience and knowledge but we don’t have to accept it as the gospel. You can thank Google for that🤣

Sponsored

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So following the recommended intervals from the manufacturer isn’t maintaining your car with care?!? Changing oil every 1500 miles is definitely overkill, and that’s fine. But don’t wish engine damage on someone b/c they’re not using the overkill method.

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I try my best to avoid the dealer for service if possible and I don’t drink cheap watered down coffee!! However, there are ppl who subscribe to their recommendations and it’s unfair to say they’re not taking care of their car. That’s it. Take care and Have Fun!!
Sponsored