Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove the original Scout on the Sonora desert for a summer job in 1965. Three sticks.
I cringe at this mutant.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rough crowd.... :ROFLMAO:

Now, now boys. What? You mean that you don't want to drive 100 miles to the trial, have about 120 miles of range left, then leave the only 8 mile trail with 15 miles left of range while out in the middle of nowhere?

Y'all are being unreasonable! All them chargers they got at every trailhead out West and across the Deep South and y'all can't find it in your hearts to love this EV soft roader.... err off-roader?

Hmmm :cautious:

Last edited:

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As someone who looks at a $60k price tag for any vehicle and shudders, an EV's limitations still keep me out of the market, especially for an "adventure vehicle". Mostly, that I can't confidently do a Baja trip or head deep out into BLM land for a week (admittedly, both 1% use cases for me), keeps them hard to want.

However, as charging infrastructure, energy density, etc improve, they'll be more and more compelling for most of us.
Yeah it’s a little early imo for overlandering EVs but some of the early stage solar and battery research is really impressive. I believe in 10 yrs the majority of overlanding will be EV with the ability to stay out indefinitely, wondering what people did when they needed more gas

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EV is for suckers and fools.

Hard pass.

Sponsored

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

is "mall crawler" and actual automobile category????

I had three scouts, and they were incredibly tough vehicles... especially to get back out of 4wd... I remember having to pull the shifter with both hands..... " corn binders" we called them.
sorry, but this shouldn't wear that name.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Super excited to see more specs about their vehicles. Hopefully they come with NACS from the get-go!
VW group will be the very last to see the light and adopt the NACS. So that will be a good test of how independent Scout actually is from the VW mothership.

Neither of these really appeal to me though. I'd be willing to have one EV in the household, but a short cab with a decent bed would be a lot more useful than another Gladiator clone. And it has to fit in a normal garage, which means Mustang or 4-door Bronco size.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve owned two Scouts over the years. Tough as hell. I think it is really cool that they are bringing the name back. It will be interesting to see the path they follow: will it be mega hardcore like the original Scout, or will it be some soy rivian clone ?

I’m keeping an open mind on EVs. I would buy one. But I won’t because I’m loving my Bronco and I doubt I will ever buy another vehicle.

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wouldn’t mind an EV Scout. Maybe by the time they’re actually being produced, the infrastructure will be there.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why the interest in Scout on a Bronco6g forum? Because Scout was FIRST. When I first looked at the 6g Bronco, I saw cues from my '67 and '75 Scouts, and my '87 & '92 Full-Size Bronco which I loved. Its heresy, but I liked the styling of the 1960's Scouts more than the late-60s Broncos as well. But my 6g to me is styling perfection, capturing the best of Bronco's generations with a little Scout mixed in. Thats why we discuss Scout on a Bronco Forum!
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a33308684/ford-bronco-was-not-americas-first-suv/

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why the interest in Scout on a Bronco6g forum? Because Scout was FIRST. When I first looked at the 6g Bronco, I saw cues from my '67 and '75 Scouts, and my '87 & '92 Full-Size Bronco which I loved. Its heresy, but I liked the styling of the 1960's Scouts more than the late-60s Broncos as well. But my 6g to me is styling perfection, capturing the best of Bronco's generations with a little Scout mixed in. Thats why we discuss Scout on a Bronco Forum!
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a33308684/ford-bronco-was-not-americas-first-suv/
While I did love the Scout, it was my first experience at riding in a 4x4, it was not first, that honor goes to the 1940 American Bantam Company, Willys MB, which became Jeep.

Ford Bronco Scout SUV & Pickup preview teaser discovered in VW presentation deliveryService?id=SIA-MAH-38171&max=1000

The first SUV was the 1946 Willys Overland Wagon, the Original 4x4 SUV (1946-1964).

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/about_willys_jeep_station_wagon_history_specs

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Willys_Jeep_Station_Wagon

1946 Willys Station Wagon - Copy.jpg
1947 Willys Overland.png

Ford Bronco Scout SUV & Pickup preview teaser discovered in VW presentation st-car-for-all-purposes-ad-pg56-572-lores-1024x689

Last edited: