Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have recommendations on seat covers to help protect from summer heat on Leather or Vinyl? I searched around the forums and it seems Wet Okole and Bartact are good choices. Just hoping to hear some real world experiences.

Thanks!
Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have recommendations on seat covers to help protect from summer heat on Leather or Vinyl? I searched around the forums and it seems Wet Okole and Bartact are good choices. Just hoping to hear some real world experiences.

Thanks!
i just installed Carhartt Precision Fit seat covers. They're a very tight fit, and made of the cotton duck fabric used for Carhartt jackets. This is on a Badlands with the heavy vinyl seats. I did it because the seats get really hot with the sun on them, especially when the front tops are off. I already got blood on the seat covers, cut myself installing them, and it wiped off easily with just a wet cloth. No pics yet, just did it yesterday. I like the looks of the vinyl seats, but they get really hot when climbing in while wearing shorts. These seem to be very high quality seat covers, I think I'll like them.

OP
OP
Scape Goat

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i just installed Carhartt Precision Fit seat covers. They're a very tight fit, and made of the cotton duck fabric used for Carhartt jackets. This is on a Badlands with the heavy vinyl seats. I did it because the seats get really hot with the sun on them, especially when the front tops are off. I already got blood on the seat covers, cut myself installing them, and it wiped off easily with just a wet cloth. No pics yet, just did it yesterday. I like the looks of the vinyl seats, but they get really hot when climbing in while wearing shorts. These seem to be very high quality seat covers, I think I'll like them.
Thank you! When you have a chance would wou mind posting some pics?

Thanks again!

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, Looking forward to pics

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you! When you have a chance would wou mind posting some pics?

Thanks again!
Yes, Looking forward to pics

Here's a few pics. These covers come in either brown/camel color or gray. Since my interior is two tone black and gray, I went with gray. Also, this is the cotton duck fabric. Carhartt offers two fabrics, one cotton and one plastic/nylon. Since I'm doing this because the seats get really hot in the sun, I went with cotton.

Best Custom Carhartt Seat Covers [Recommended Search] - Covercraft

Ford Bronco Seat Cover Recommendations 305860827_1452496785219844_3049850605262530863_n
Ford Bronco Seat Cover Recommendations 306292821_759041848727999_7023634721950971027_n
Ford Bronco Seat Cover Recommendations 303171025_1758327667871248_3388568180129954099_n

Sponsored
OP
OP
Scape Goat

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a few pics. These covers come in either brown/camel color or gray. Since my interior is two tone black and gray, I went with gray. Also, this is the cotton duck fabric. Carhartt offers two fabrics, one cotton and one plastic/nylon. Since I'm doing this because the seats get really hot in the sun, I went with cotton.

Best Custom Carhartt Seat Covers [Recommended Search] - Covercraft

Ford Bronco Seat Cover Recommendations 303171025_1758327667871248_3388568180129954099_n
These are awesome! Thank you. The fit looks much better than stock photos. I would go with the cotton too. I will take them off in other seasons

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are awesome! Thank you. The fit looks much better than stock photos. I would go with the cotton too. I will take them off in other seasons

BTW, these are the PrecisionFit, not the SeatSaver or Super Dux.

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have my eye on the Rough Country ones just based on quick google searches

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

DenverBronc

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In case anyone is curious, here is what the PrecisionFit covers look like in Carhartt brown.

PXL_20230314_221449330.jpg

PXL_20230314_221500547.jpg

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the full set of Bartacts....I know, worthless without pics, but can't get outside now without waking up the house.

I'll try and get some though....

It's still dark, but I grabbed a couple...

Ford Bronco Seat Cover Recommendations 20230315_063004
Ford Bronco Seat Cover Recommendations 20230315_063105

Last edited:

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In case anyone is curious, here is what the PrecisionFit covers look like in Carhartt brown.

Thanks for posting pics!

I am considering these for my Eruption Green WT- looks pretty sharp on blue!

Are those with the molle seat back option?

DenverBronc

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@NJNMDoc Thanks and totally agree! I was originally leaning toward gray because it matches the interior, but I like the brown's contrast with the AMB. I think Carhartt brown (which is really more of a dark tan) in an Eruption Green Bronco would be 🍒

And yep, that is what it looks like with the molle seat back option. They just cut out big rectangles in the back of the front seat covers that leave the molle and the mesh pocket exposed.

For what it's worth, the back of the rear seats is completely covered by the PrecisionFit covers. I previously installed the Mabett back seat cargo area protectors to cover the carpeted back seat backs, and those are now covered by the PrecisionFit covers . Oh well.

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@NJNMDoc Thanks and totally agree! I was originally leaning toward gray because it matches the interior, but I like the brown's contrast with the AMB. I think Carhartt brown (which is really more of a dark tan) in an Eruption Green Bronco would be 🍒

And yep, that is what it looks like with the molle seat back option. They just cut out big rectangles in the back of the front seat covers that leave the molle and the mesh pocket exposed.

For what it's worth, the back of the rear seats is completely covered by the PrecisionFit covers. I previously installed the Mabett back seat cargo area protectors to cover the carpeted back seat backs, and those are now covered by the PrecisionFit covers . Oh well.
Awesomeness… thank you for the feedback. Ya I think that’s going look tight in the EG w the doors off… love the AMB man. Nice job! I think that will continue to be a highly sought after color.

I also have the mabett rear covers. Yup goin right over the top I guess. Glad they fit on top.

I think the molle gives it a nice finished looked! Thanks again for posting.

BasedBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This looks great! I love the classic Carhartt brown. Can you possibly post a picture of the back of the rear seats? I just bought some of those velcro protectors and I'm wondering if this will fit over those, or if I'll need to remove them.
Sponsored