Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted to go to the Jeep dealership yesterday so I could get a better feel for what I think the interior dimensions will be in the new Bronco. On the way there, I also stopped by the Ford dealership to look at colors. While there, I hopped in the driver's seat of the Ranger and did the same in a Wrangler at the Jeep dealership. I felt that the Ranger's seating position was lower and more car-like... similar to what I've felt in a Tacoma. The Jeep was more upright and felt more like my F150. Can anyone that's been able to sit inside one of the new Broncos (I know, probably a select few) tell me how you felt about the seating position?
Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wanted to go to the Jeep dealership yesterday so I could get a better feel for what I think the interior dimensions will be in the new Bronco. On the way there, I also stopped by the Ford dealership to look at colors. While there, I hopped in the driver's seat of the Ranger and did the same in a Wrangler at the Jeep dealership. I felt that the Ranger's seating position was lower and more car-like... similar to what I've felt in a Tacoma. The Jeep was more upright and felt more like my F150. Can anyone that's been able to sit inside one of the new Broncos (I know, probably a select few) tell me how you felt about the seating position?
Drivers seat in the 4 door felt A LOT like a 4runner

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Drivers seat in the 4 door felt A LOT like a 4runner
Let's hope the raise seat function works well...4runner/tacoma seat positioning is horrific. Feet way out there flat, short seat base length, etc..

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's hope the raise seat function works well...4runner/tacoma seat positioning is horrific. Feet way out there flat, short seat base length, etc..
Agreed. At 6'2" (mostly legs) i am basically sitting cross-legged in my Tacoma, unless I scoot far enough back to operate the clutch with the tips of my toes.

I ended up putting a stack of washers and longer (similar grade) bolt under the seat mounts to give myself the adjustment I needed.

Crossing fingers that the 6 way manual seat is enough, or that the 10 way power is available if needed.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I own both a Rubicon and 4Runner. One of the thing I love on my Jeep is the seating position. At 6'1 I can find the perfect sweet spot for driving all day. Unfortunately I can't say that about the 4runner, after a couple hours of driving my legs start to feel uncomfortable. The Tacoma is even worse, drove a service loaner for a few days and hated it. I'm hoping the engineers did their homework and test drove a wrangler before designing the Bronco seats.

Sponsored

BLee

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a JL Wrangler and I have also driven the Ranger. The Ranger seating position is closer to the floor. It’s not as low as a Colorado or Tacoma. I’m sensitive to seat height. I hate my legs being stretched out in front of me.

When I drove the Ranger it seemed fine to me. Not a deal breaker. Keep in mind this is all my opinion. I didn’t measure it or look up the stats.

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seating positions from an early video, although impossible to know how high up it was set on the seat raise lever.

2858BB63-8636-47CE-83E6-2ACCB9EF3F4E.jpeg

31D48FE3-7BA0-4808-8CFC-DED8842F5E2E.jpeg

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m hesitant to straight up assume the Ranger (especially considering the adjustment ability) is going to be a direct analogue to the Bronco.
Sponsored