First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door CG Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From Ford? I think they pulled out of the show.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doubt it . Ford will probably do their own unveiling of anything new like how they did the mustang reveal. Plus it wouldn’t slide in as a 2023. If by chance one comes for a 2024 model, it wouldn’t be announced until probably Q2 2023.

OP
OP
OldStyleBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boats/Cars/Planes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I kinda gave up on Ford.... I was wondering about aftermarket builds... I figure if it's gonna happen this year, it will prob. show up there...

OP
OP
OldStyleBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boats/Cars/Planes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not disagreeing, but don't know the advantage of using the Raptor as a starting point, vs one you build up.... Further, even a one off would be proof of concept....

I'm ready to investigate the possibility....

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be shocked if there are no V-8 Broncos there. I suspect at least a Coyote and God willing, a Godzilla.

OP
OP
OldStyleBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boats/Cars/Planes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm interested in the Godzilla and probably the only way I'd be interested in the new Bronco.... If there is a choice between the coyote or the zilla I don't see how you don't choose the zilla. I'm guessing the electronics could be the only reason. But the size and performance seem to be heavily in favor of the zilla....

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How much more power can you realistically put into a vehicle like the bronco with high CG and short wheelbase? Seems like a recipe for disaster. I suppose it would be a 4door only addition like the Raptor.

OP
OP
OldStyleBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boats/Cars/Planes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Fly, I'm going to answer like it's a genuine question.... You can put a lot more power. Just look at the Jeep, as an example... Similar dimensions....Further, it's not to necessarily go crazy with HP, it's to get the correct torque curve for the low rpms... If you like to look at Ford marketing dept. specs that quote a HP/ LBS blah at one point on the curve, have at it....But, some of us are not persuaded by such.... As someone with v8s and V12s I can tell you there is no arguing with displacement.... If you like your turbo'd v6, congrats...Seriously happy for ya.... It 'aint gonna fly for me... Checkout a comparison of the v6 vs the zilla dyno curve and let me know what you think if you plan on off-roading. I'm not some chick that gets excited by fancy color names....Back to trying to help you understand, there is a reason the towing cap. isn't higher....Throw a zilla in there and let's see what Ford says then.... I mean it's a truck, right? Wanna tow a boat?

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Why would a v8 surprised be revealed here 3 weeks before SEMA?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fly, I'm going to answer like it's a genuine question.... You can put a lot more power. Just look at the Jeep, as an example... Similar dimensions....Further, it's not to necessarily go crazy with HP, it's to get the correct torque curve for the low rpms... If you like to look at Ford marketing dept. specs that quote a HP/ LBS blah at one point on the curve, have at it....But, some of us are not persuaded by such.... As someone with v8s and V12s I can tell you there is no arguing with displacement.... If you like your turbo'd v6, congrats...Seriously happy for ya.... It 'aint gonna fly for me... Checkout a comparison of the v6 vs the zilla dyno curve and let me know what you think if you plan on off-roading. I'm not some chick that gets excited by fancy color names....Back to trying to help you understand, there is a reason the towing cap. isn't higher....Throw a zilla in there and let's see what Ford says then.... I mean it's a truck, right? Wanna tow a boat?
If only we had a minimum post count before one could start threads that beat long-dead horses... but, no, let's shadow ban members from sections of this site over opinions on style.

Go read the SAE spec, troll, and then think about why the tow rating may be what it is regardless of HP and TQ numbers and curves.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If only we had a minimum post count before one could start threads that beat long-dead horses... but, no, let's shadow ban members from sections of this site over opinions on style.

Go read the SAE spec, troll, and then think about why the tow rating may be what it is regardless of HP and TQ numbers and curves.
Ford Bronco SEMA 2022 ..... Any v8 surprises? 3AB5441D-224C-43E0-A764-40831B8BE158

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco SEMA 2022 ..... Any v8 surprises? tenor

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

^^^^LOL, I was kinda on board with ya ... until this post ^^^^. Ha, drunk posting maybe?

You mention the Zilla ... I can't wait to see specs and dimensions on the new 6.8L Baby 'Zilla coming out in the new 2023 Super Dutys!
C&P from an article :
-Prototype-Hides-a-7.3L-V8-and-Manual-Transmission.png

"Ford had a Mustang test mule with the Godzilla V8 under the hood. Some of us were disappointed it didn't make an appearance in the new Mustang. Spiedbilde
Meanwhile, the Godzilla 7.3-liter seems to be a darling at Ford of late. It's been popping up everywhere, including Mustangs and school buses. There's even been talk of a mightier Megazilla crate engine on the way, which just sounds righteous.
Given this pedigree, it won't be surprising if the new 6.8-liter quickly wins itself some fans. All it needs to do is offer a little more power and solid reliability, and it should be more than capable for the job."
Sponsored