OP
OldStyleBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boats/Cars/Planes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
^^^^LOL, I was kinda on board with ya ... until this post ^^^^. Ha, drunk posting maybe?

You mention the Zilla ... I can't wait to see specs and dimensions on the new 6.8L Baby 'Zilla coming out in the new 2023 Super Dutys!
ore power and solid reliability, and it should be more than capable for the job."
What exactly are you not onboard and why do you think I've been drinking? Perhaps re-read what I wrote....
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

yes at SEMA, but I hope someone did a 7.3, it would fit a whole lot better.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back to trying to help you understand, there is a reason the towing cap. isn't higher....Throw a zilla in there and let's see what Ford says then.... I mean it's a truck, right? Wanna tow a boat?

Wait, I thought the suspension was the reason Ford limited the towing capacity?

OP
OP
OldStyleBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boats/Cars/Planes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wait, I thought the suspension was the reason Ford limited the towing capacity?
Perhaps it is.... I think some people here took my words to mean that the powerplant was the only issue. It's likely that if you want a higher tow capacity you would have to beef up some parts, but that wasn't my point....Further, I'd expect you would want to beef up some parts if you swap to the V8, as well....

To those that respond with gifs and memes, sorry I don't understand you.... And, I know labeling people as a "troll" is a thing now, but what exactly would you like me to say to make you feel better? I'm simply trying to see where the swap guys are at... If you think it's beating a dead horse, then you don't need to look at the thread.... I'm looking for friends here, not trying to create problems...

BTW- Here's a dyno curve of the zilla, for fun....

Ford Bronco SEMA 2022 ..... Any v8 surprises? Godzilla Dyno curve

OP
OP
OldStyleBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boats/Cars/Planes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ok, so it's really kept a secret before SEMA? I thought perhaps, "sneak peeks"... I guess we'll see

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so it's really kept a secret before SEMA? I thought perhaps, "sneak peeks"... I guess we'll see
Sometimes people "leak" product before SEMA and sometimes you can find SEMA build in process but a lot of people like unveilings at SEMA.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perhaps it is.... I think some people here took my words to mean that the powerplant was the only issue. It's likely that if you want a higher tow capacity you would have to beef up some parts, but that wasn't my point....Further, I'd expect you would want to beef up some parts if you swap to the V8, as well....
It is. BRaptor gets an increased towing capacity from 3500lbs to 4500lbs mostly due to a better hitch mount. For comparison, the Wrangler 392's towing capacity is only 3500lbs. Both of which have plenty of beefed up components when compared to their more stock brethren.

You may see a v8 swap at SEMA but I wouldn't hold my breathe. The juice isn't really worth the squeeze. Sure you could swap in the Godzilla and get some monster horsepower and torque numbers, but at what cost? $40k minimum would be my guess. Somebody will do it just to say they have done it and that's fine, but there are cheaper ways to get those kind of performance numbers and curves you are after.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somebody will do it just to say they have done it
I assume this whole SEMA thing is foreign to you? Things are put there to get people's attention, no matter how ridiculous. But you are correct, don't expect any V-8 kits there.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assume this whole SEMA thing is foreign to you? Things are put there to get people's attention, no matter how ridiculous. But you are correct, don't expect any V-8 kits there.
Lol, hardly. My Bronco was actually in SEMA last year. My point was alongside yours with no kits being available and most likely beyond the capabilities of a shade tree mechanic.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not disagreeing, but don't know the advantage of using the Raptor as a starting point, vs one you build up.... Further, even a one off would be proof of concept....

I'm ready to investigate the possibility....
The wider stance and taller starting point better suspension would be my guess.

OP
OP
OldStyleBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boats/Cars/Planes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The wider stance and taller starting point better suspension would be my guess.
I get your point....But, I think those things could be built as well.... I know they added a brace and the fenders are wider, but is the frame? What components make up the stance that couldn't be built?

To those that think the V8 is a dead thing, I appreciate your thoughts....But, seriously, why don't you just move along? If you have a viable argument regarding a v6 turbo vs a v8 I'm all ears, but nothing I've seen to date persuades me.... Yes, depending on if crate or a pulled motor there will be costs... If it's not your thing, I get it....

Guess I'll wait to see about SEMA...Just thought this group would be interested in the discussion...

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I get your point....But, I think those things could be built as well.... I know they added a brace and the fenders are wider, but is the frame? What components make up the stance that couldn't be built?

To those that think the V8 is a dead thing, I appreciate your thoughts....But, seriously, why don't you just move along? If you have a viable argument regarding a v6 turbo vs a v8 I'm all ears, but nothing I've seen to date persuades me.... Yes, depending on if crate or a pulled motor there will be costs... If it's not your thing, I get it....

Guess I'll wait to see about SEMA...Just thought this group would be interested in the discussion...
The suspension is completely different a little over 6” wider stance (suspension not just fenders) I believe. A arms steering rack, frame has more supports and gussets. Yes anything can be built but why not use a better platform to start from. I wouldn’t be surprised to see at least one V8 build at SEMA.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
From Ford? I think they pulled out of the show.
They had one comming to SEMA but they haven't even received a VIN yet... code 99!
2026 maybe?
Sponsored