Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn’t need to be front wheel drive only, happens in AWD as well. That’s what my TRX is, and as stated, it will change lanes if you’re not compensating when you nail the throttle.
The TRX is actually the rear trac bar arcing the rear axle, causing some squat-steer like goatman2 described.

You cannot get torque steer with a longitudinally mounted engine.

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not horrible so I don't mind it, was just curious. Considering there is a performance version of this vehicle, someone thought it was a good idea to make a fast Bronco so it's not a crazy thought.

It's a lot better than the torque steer the 1st gen Taurus SHO had. That mf was a handful when the second butterfly opened.
You also have a 2-Door. My similar 2.3 4-Dr has no similar problems. I have the Pro Cal tune and I have the Roush CAI and Exhaust, so similar to your set up.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The TRX is actually the rear trac bar arcing the rear axle, causing some squat-steer like goatman2 described.

You cannot get torque steer with a longitudinally mounted engine.
Not so sure you are correct there. My helicopter has an longitudinally mounted engine, and the engines torque spins the body of the helicopter the opposite direction of my main rotor, hence the need for a tail rotor, to overcome the engines torque. My foot pedals are called Anti-Torque Pedals. And while the torque steer is tied to the soft suspension in the TRX, it is still torque steer. The ass end squats, the hood raises and rolls right, and my steering wheel rolls left. In front wheel drive vehicles, the torque steer is not tied to the engines orientation, it’s tied to the variable length drive shafts at the front wheels. And it is more common in FWD vehicles, but does not make it non-existent in AWD vehicles.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Noticed this yesterday for the first time in my 4 door WT. Still breaking it in, but put it in Sport mode and got pretty heavy into the pedal.

If it were not for the speedometer jumping I would not have been able to tell that I was accelerating fast.

For the heck of it, I took it out of 4A and did the same thing...thought I had a flat tire or something, my steering felt so bad...wanted to drift all over the lane.
Sponsored