First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many of you have a MT Bronco now? I’m wondering if you feel that the OEM shifter throws are too long or if you just assume they are. Most of what I’ve read says the OEM shifter feel is pretty good. Someone here even measured the throws and they seem pretty short (for a truck) to begin with. I plan on living with mine (if it ever arrives) for a while and then seeing if I think it really needs a short shift kit. A 5” throw would be ridiculously long in a sports car, but it might feel right in a Bronco, especially if it “clicks” into gear without a rubbery feel.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nual-transmission-shifter-throw-length.15590/
I have the MT now and love it as is. Certainly not a sports car throw but respectable IMO. The throw is roughly half of my D90 so I'm loving the Bronco MT life.
Sponsored

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
5 inches is absurd in any vehicle for me. I’ve had Foxbody Mustangs, 4th Gen F-Bodies, C5, etc. My current daily is a Fiesta ST and the first thing I did was get a sandwich plate to shorten the throw and solid shifter mount bushings to clean up the factory slop from the rubber grommets and what a difference it made. I’ll go ahead and assume that the Bronco will be the same.
The 3rd-to-4th throw length for my BMW 435 is 4.75”. And it has the M Sport Package which shortens it a bit. BMW‘s have sloppy shifters so I don’t like the feel, but the throw length by itself doesn’t seem long to me. I guess it’s what you are used to.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think we need a stainless steel clutch line as well?

wheres Steeda as well?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many of you have a MT Bronco now? I’m wondering if you feel that the OEM shifter throws are too long or if you just assume they are. Most of what I’ve read says the OEM shifter feel is pretty good. Someone here even measured the throws and they seem pretty short (for a truck) to begin with. I plan on living with mine (if it ever arrives) for a while and then seeing if I think it really needs a short shift kit. A 5” throw would be ridiculously long in a sports car, but it might feel right in a Bronco, especially if it “clicks” into gear without a rubbery feel.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nual-transmission-shifter-throw-length.15590/
I think the throw is just fine in the Bronco. That being said, I wouldn't turn up my nose at a quality option that shortens it a bit.

What I really need is an extension for the accelerator pedal so I can properly heel/toe when going into a corner. I'm unable to grab the accelerator with my heel unless I'm braking with the middle of my foot, which is a terrible feeling.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, it is fine, but whats another inch or less off the throw

definitely pedal extenders, trying to practice heel toe, hopefully someone delivers

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its been nearly a month, any word from anyone like @Boomba Racing ?

OP
OP
Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Shiieettttttt, I’ll be lucky if I even get my Bronco at this point. Ordered almost 4 months ago and not a word from Ford since. In the meantime, I’ve picked up a sport bike to carve up the Arkansas backroads 😎👍

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shiieettttttt, I’ll be lucky if I even get my Bronco at this point. Ordered almost 4 months ago and not a word from Ford since. In the meantime, I’ve picked up a sport bike to carve up the Arkansas backroads 😎👍
which bike now

Boomba Racing

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We're still looking into it, we just moved to a new warehouse so it's been a little hectic but we're very interested in offering an option for the Bronco.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're still looking into it, we just moved to a new warehouse so it's been a little hectic but we're very interested in offering an option for the Bronco.
all good, and congrats btw

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)