BigShan808

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco and 2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not interested in anti/negative opinionated comments. I have been a firm believer in CAI's and have had them installed in every one of my F150s. S&B has been my brand of choice and looking to get their kit for the wife's Bronco. Interested in seeing posts with any/all brands you folks have installed on your 2.7 EcoBeasts! I know options are limited and very interested in your real world experiences since install.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BigShan808

BigShan808

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just installed the Corsa CAI a few days ago

Ford Bronco Show me your CAI's? IMG_2525
What is your initial real world performance impression since installing?

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What is your initial real world performance impression since installing?

Honestly, I notice absolutely nothing...sound and performance. I have the AWE exhaust which might make sounds coming from the engine unheard. I'm sure it filters the air better, but no perceptible performance gains. The air filter is a pain in the butt to install, so I'm going to dread removing it to clean it.

Edit to add: I have a CAI in my FJ and at WOT, it roars. When I WOT in the Bronco, there is no roar from the rush of air through the CAI...again, it could be the exhaust sound overpowering the sound from the CAI.

Last edited:

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not interested in anti/negative opinionated comments. I have been a firm believer in CAI's and have had them installed in every one of my F150s. S&B has been my brand of choice and looking to get their kit for the wife's Bronco. Interested in seeing posts with any/all brands you folks have installed on your 2.7 EcoBeasts! I know options are limited and very interested in your real world experiences since install.
I've been working towards a decision for several weeks. Here is what I've learned.
There are only a few CAI's that replace the intake tube all the way to the turbo on passenger side. The reason that's important is because the factory setup is most restricted at coupling/bend that connects to the turbo. K&N and Injen are two that do but both have some issues.

K&N has an elbow that breaks often enough that they are used to getting requests to replace it. There are threads on that in this forum. I have emailed them asking a few questions and waiting on a response.

Injen is not approved for 23's or 24's yet and people that put it on their 23 had some codes thrown. Injen emailed me a week ago letting me know they are working on a resolution to it. Actively testing so should be done soon.

I really like the S&B setup and quality. The only thing I don't like is they don't replace that restricted connector at the passenger turbo.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigShan808

BigShan808

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really like the S&B setup and quality. The only thing I don't like is they don't replace that restricted connector at the passenger turbo. [/QUOTE said:
Mahalo, exactly the kind of info I'm seeking from real world experiences.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I notice absolutely nothing...sound and performance. I have the AWE exhaust which might make sounds coming from the engine unheard. I'm sure it filters the air better, but no perceptible performance gains. The air filter is a pain in the butt to install, so I'm going to dread removing it to clean it.

Edit to add: I have a CAI in my FJ and at WOT, it roars. When I WOT in the Bronco, there is no roar from the rush of air through the CAI...again, it could be the exhaust sound overpowering the sound from the CAI.
I installed the Volant version of yours (same exact CAI) and noticed no difference in sound.

I'm pretty sure it's because we went with the power core filter... thing is a damn beehive: little more performance/much better filtration but fewer swooshy noises than the other filter options.

I have a fast intentions exhaust / Procal installed, so really hard to gauge the butt dyno, especially with the small amount of performance gains these give; however, it at least looks good!

As mentioned above - the systems that replace the restrictive factory pipes might be for those who want to feel a bit more oomph but seem to be a PITA to install. I went the lazy route.

Last edited:

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Show me your CAI's? 1701805622230

AFE CAI with larger diameter tube to the turbos. Absolutely no difference on performance nor sound. If there is, I can't notice it. Looks cool that's about it lol

OP
OP
BigShan808

BigShan808

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not in it for sound nor have expectations for "out of seat" performance gains. IMO it's money worth spent giving my engine just that performance edge vice dropping money for aesthetically pleasing mods. I had a K&N CAI on my '11 5.0 F150 and hated the extra drone that came from the engine bay when installed. It gave the engine some pep but the drone was a major turnoff coupled with my Flowmaster cat-back exhaust. I chose S&B for my '18 5.0 F150 and immediately felt a difference in "okole" dyno and I chose not to swap out the exhaust system. Have been running an updated version of the S&B on my '21 2.7 F150 and like the '18 have noticed an improvement over stock in throttle response and noticing the engine holding on to gears longer without strain. Personally, that is more satisfying than getting a rouse over window visors or fender graphics. Looking for the same in the wife's Bronco.

jcpyromechanic

Wildtrak
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Aloha! Fixin' to go to the big island in January. I just got all the parts to install the aFe momentum GT CAI along with their hot and cold blade runner aluminum charge pipes and Cobb intercooler. I'll send pics when I'm done installing 'em. Got the Panda Power Module as well that should help improve boost safely but significantly using their Ecoboost knowledge without needing a custom Dyno tune. I keep it in Sport mode in my '22 Sasquatch Wildtrak most of the time since it turns off the auto start/stop and picks up quicker when you press the pedal. Baja mode for dirt road to my family country place is sweet!

Sponsored

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford Bronco Show me your CAI's? PXL_20230618_011752093

She sounds like darth vader now with the intake sucking and the BOV blowing.
What model year? I like the Injen but Injen is telling me to wait before installing on anything other than 21 or 22. Mine is 24 and hoping it arrives by end of February (build scheduled in January). Hoping Injen gets it worked out by then.

MJ12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with the Injen Evolution on my 2.7 paired with the flowmaster American thunder axle back and love it. Noticeable throttle response/power increase. The exhaust sound is just right with no drone. A lot more turbo whistle on acceleration from the intake. 1-2 MPG increase. I had to modify my RCI air compressor under hood mount because the intake is snorkle ready and has a bigger box. But overall it was worth it over the stock intake, in my opinion.

OP
OP
BigShan808

BigShan808

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good info about Injen. They've been suspect with their F150 intakes. In fact don't think I've ever seen any installed on the F15014thGEN, F150Forum, and former FordTruckWorld sites. Didn't trust JDM types enough to put them in my F150s. They're a lot more pocket friendly. May go with the AWE or Corsa exhausts...but need the wife's approval first.
Sponsored