Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish that someone would design a CAI that didn't pull from the front of the hood but also wasn't a snorkel. Something that would prevent water from going into the intake when going through deep water but not THAT deep of water. Maybe something that could pull from the cowl area?
Sponsored

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you're up to the intake inlet, you're too deep anyway. Cowl would be difficult due to how air works, it's lifting up over the car at that point and would be low flow unless you had a massive scoop that forced it there.

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I chatted with Injen and Mishimoto support this week. I Jen is hoping to release permanent fix for their CAI to work with 23 models very soon...potentially before end of year. They then plan to get a 24 in and test but that may end up being late Q1 so Injen may not be ready for 24MY until Q2.
Mishimoto believes theirs is fine for 24's now. It does replace intake tube all the way to both turbos. After looking closely at the quality of it I'm surprised I don't see more people going with it. I really like S&B but not replacing that passenger side turbo coupler is an issue for me. I've decided on Mishimoto CAI and the AWE OFG exhaust.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another nod for the Injen CAI. I have a 2.7 21 Badlands. My Injen is also paired with a Magnaflow Overland Exhaust setup. I also have the turbosmart blowoff, and a set of the Injen charge pipes coming. I hope to get them this week. I use the Ford tune as well. What made me go with Injen is the fact that their charge pipes go all the way to the turbo. The diameter of the tube is noticeably larger.

There is a noticeable difference in my performance. My turbo lag is very very low. I expect with the new charge pipes, what lag is there, will be gone. As it was said by another poster, I can HEAR my turbo spooling. I can HEAR my intake breathing. Another Bronco owner was in my Bronco and said, what's that noise? Is that your turbos?? Your blow-off going Pssssssshhh...... I can hear your intake! Yeah, it's all noticeable, just the way I like it.

When the sum of all the upgrades is tied together, yes, it is worth it. Last on my list will be the intercooler, Injen plans to release theirs Q1 of the new year. I will also say this, yes, I know the Bronco is not a race car. I have a GT500 and a 68 GTA Mustang for that. That said, yeah pulling off and leaving said wann-be hop-up truck/car in your wake never gets old :)

Ford Bronco Show me your CAI's? 1702915501084

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Another nod for the Injen CAI. I have a 2.7 21 Badlands. My Injen is also paired with a Magnaflow Overland Exhaust setup. I also have the turbosmart blowoff, and a set of the Injen charge pipes coming. I hope to get them this week. I use the Ford tune as well. What made me go with Injen is the fact that their charge pipes go all the way to the turbo. The diameter of the tube is noticeably larger.

There is a noticeable difference in my performance. My turbo lag is very very low. I expect with the new charge pipes, what lag is there, will be gone. As it was said by another poster, I can HEAR my turbo spooling. I can HEAR my intake breathing. Another Bronco owner was in my Bronco and said, what's that noise? Is that your turbos?? Your blow-off going Pssssssshhh...... I can hear your intake! Yeah, it's all noticeable, just the way I like it.

When the sum of all the upgrades is tied together, yes, it is worth it. Last on my list will be the intercooler, Injen plans to release theirs Q1 of the new year. I will also say this, yes, I know the Bronco is not a race car. I have a GT500 and a 68 GTA Mustang for that. That said, yeah pulling off and leaving said wann-be hop-up truck/car in your wake never gets old :)

Ford Bronco Show me your CAI's? 1702915501084
I’ve been eyeing the Injen charge pipes as well. Keep us in the loop on those if you can. I just got my Injen CAI and the Ford Pro cal should be here by next week. Need something to hold me over while I wait for custom tuning to open up.

on another note, I put 6 gallons of E85 in my tank yesterday along with 93. Should be close to E30. Noticeable difference, even stock with just an S&B air filter. I’ll try and get a draggy run in to compare.

Sponsored

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve been eyeing the Injen charge pipes as well. Keep us in the loop on those if you can. I just got my Injen CAI and the Ford Pro cal should be here by next week. Need something to hold me over while I wait for custom tuning to open up.

on another note, I put 6 gallons of E85 in my tank yesterday along with 93. Should be close to E30. Noticeable difference, even stock with just an S&B air filter. I’ll try and get a draggy run in to compare.
With just a drop in S&B air filer and E30 mix. I hit 0-60 in 6.3 sec. I’ll definitely be in the 5’s with the Injen CAI and Ford Pro Cal

Ford Bronco Show me your CAI's? IMG_0114

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I chatted with Injen and Mishimoto support this week. I Jen is hoping to release permanent fix for their CAI to work with 23 models very soon...potentially before end of year. They then plan to get a 24 in and test but that may end up being late Q1 so Injen may not be ready for 24MY until Q2.
Mishimoto believes theirs is fine for 24's now. It does replace intake tube all the way to both turbos. After looking closely at the quality of it I'm surprised I don't see more people going with it. I really like S&B but not replacing that passenger side turbo coupler is an issue for me. I've decided on Mishimoto CAI and the AWE OFG exhaust.
I have the Mishimoto CAI, Intercooler and charge pipes. Quality and fit are top notch. No codes and install was very straight forward. I'm sure Injen is everything as good as Mishi but not a fan of the red color of their charge pipes. I can take some photos if folks are interested.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@El Diablo : The Injen Chrage pipes also come in black. I chose red to make my engine bay pop.

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have the Mishimoto CAI, Intercooler and charge pipes. Quality and fit are top notch. No codes and install was very straight forward. I'm sure Injen is everything as good as Mishi but not a fan of the red color of their charge pipes. I can take some photos if folks are interested.
I'd love to see a pic!

Sponsored

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd love to see a pic!
Sorry it took so long. Here are some pics you requested. There's also a pic of when I "pre-assembled" the charge pipes before I installed them to make it easier to identify each pipe.

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

Mishimoto Charge Pipes.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

jcpyromechanic

Wildtrak
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Howdy, finally got around to installing my aFe CAI and pipes along with Cobb intercooler and Panda Power Module on my '22 2.7l WT Sasquatch package.
I did a 3s full throttle test from 30 mph before the upgrades, and it already felt like I was in a TrackHawk with it squatting in 4A. I have not done this test after, and might not want to unless on a track.
My main goal is for lower engine temps during towing and extended highway driving in warmer ambient temps. The step cooler plugs that come with the Panda Power Module along with the other intake upgrades should help with this. Time will tell since I haven't gone on a long trip yet after the install. Fully warmed up and driving 75 on the freeway, she didn't get over 203 engine temp with new setup. I've seen mine get up to 230 degrees during extended hwy trips and while towing using boost uphill, etc.
With the Panda Power Module set at 5 (default Sports mode), I can feel a significant difference even with low to moderate pedal depression on the streets ;-)
Ford Bronco Show me your CAI's? 1000010666

Ford Bronco Show me your CAI's? 1000010704

Ford Bronco Show me your CAI's? 1000010705

Ford Bronco Show me your CAI's? 1000010629

Last edited:

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the AFE box... and if I had to do it again, I would go with the Injen not only because it is a closed box like the AFE, but it also replaces the driver side pipe that leads to the turbo (the AFE does not). In my opinion any intake that is open and not closed is not actually a "cold air intake"...because if the box is open under the hood it sucks in hot underhood air. Some people like the "roar" they get with an open box but all that noise is just a result of an open air box. With the "roar" also comes heated air, which defeats the purpose of trying to obtain a more dense air charge. Ideally, anyone who's seeking to gain performance would find at least some by allowing the engine to get its air source from a non-heated area. Cooler air is more dense, and more dense air leads to a more efficient combustion cycle. Some of the aftermarket air boxes also have a cover that can be removed, for folks who might want to add a snorkel, but note that if you add a snorkel it needs to be a pretty large diameter so as not to restrict air flow.
Sponsored