First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not just Ford. Waiting for it to warm up so I can clay bar ours. This is why buying the Lifetime Protection from the dealer is ignorant. No way they clay bar the vehicle before sealing in all the rail dust.
Clay bar really isn’t the best way to remove rail dust, you can scratch the hell out of the paint. The clay will pick up the iron particles and drag them across the paint as you rub your butt off with the bar. The scratches will really show up on dark colors and take alot of work to polish out.

Iron is best removed chemically. And it won’t polish out, polishing will take the exposed portion of the particle off and grind it into the paint. It will leave some iron behind and the rust spots will reappear.
Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They forgot to dust the rails or do the rails wear that much?
Rail dust is a blanket statement. You have thousands of miles of rail and everything is steel so that's the biggest chunk, there's also dust from the ballast between the ties and probably all kinds of particulates in an industrial environment. It all gets lumped in as rail dust.
On a side note I didn't see it mentioned that clay bars come in grades. The OP may need to start with a medium grit and then move to fine. Others mention iron removers. There are many good ones. https://www.autogeek.net/search-magic.html?query=iron+remover

Towerism

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Badlands 4D 7-speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t let the dealer wash mine when I picked it up. Whenever I buy a new car I always hand wash it, and then spray it all over with iron remover, let it sit for a few minutes, rinse then I spray sealant on it. I’ve never had issues with rail dust on any of my cars because of this.

Peter T

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2024 and Rubicon 2015
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
don't post this type of alarming evidence without a photo. I smell a rat.

OP
OP
Victorsen

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks all for the comments. The clay bar and wax didn’t remove all the rust specks from the paint. I guess the next step is iron x I ordered Adam polishes. Anyone have experience with the product do I just spray and then rinse. Assuming it does not damage my plastic fender etc.

Sponsored

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks all for the comments. The clay bar and wax didn’t remove all the rust specks from the paint. I guess the next step is iron x I ordered Adam polishes. Anyone have experience with the product do I just spray and then rinse. Assuming it does not damage my plastic fender etc.
It takes 30-seconds to remove the fender flares.

drewski

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2012 Ford F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iron X, let it sit, then normal wash by hand routine (rinse the car, soapy mitt scrub (and foam cannon if you have), rinse), then clay. I've had success with Griot's Synthetic Clay. If that doesn't remove it, you may need a random orbital and something like this surface prep pad. You can also try a more aggressive clay like Meguiar's C2100, but be very careful that you are lubricating properly while using this.

Onestepmore

Badlands
First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went to dealerships called ford no help. Entire side panel on my 2023 Bronco 6 months is rusting. I guess what they say about the ford bronco is true. Have to look into trading . I wish ford did a better job of making better cars and the dealerships did not try to deny every claim
I have a 2023 2 door Badlands and I couldn't hook up my magnetic antenna except the top of the windshield...the whole bronco is aluminum...how did yours rust??? Do you have a picture to show...

Sponsored

TailChaser

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine was full of swirl marks new off the lot. On every panel. Sounds like they don’t care what happens once it leaves the door. Not happy at all.

OP
OP
Victorsen

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2023 2 door Badlands and I couldn't hook up my magnetic antenna except the top of the windshield...the whole bronco is aluminum...how did yours rust??? Do you have a picture to show...
I attached the pics it is rail dust. Which rusts on the surface eventually hot iron during transport from rail train attaches to the clear coat. This may be an issue with many of us. Should detail and clay bar your rig after delivery to get rid of it. I have got most of it out but need a lot of iron x seems I had a lot on my rear panels. It has been pretty bad I am sending it to detailer to help me out.

IMG_6538.jpeg

IMG_6536.jpeg

IMG_6537.jpeg
Sponsored